What does a Hotel do?
Learn all about Hotel duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become a Hotel.
Published 2 min read
An hotel is a place where people stay when they are on vacation or on a business trip.
Hotel job duties include:
- Greeting guests and checking them into the hotel
- Answering guest questions and addressing guest concerns
- Providing concierge services to guests
- Handling guest check-outs
- Managing hotel reservations
- Coordinating with housekeeping to ensure rooms are clean and stocked
- Working with the hotel's catering team to plan events and functions
- Monitoring the hotel lobby and public areas for cleanliness and safety
- Assisting in hotel marketing and sales efforts
- Performing basic accounting tasks, such as balancing cash drawers
Hotel Job Requirements
Most hotels require their employees to have a high school diploma or equivalent. Some positions, such as management or concierge, may require a college degree. Many hotels also require their employees to be certified in CPR and first aid. Employees typically gain experience through on-the-job training.
- Customer service
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Time management
- Stress management
How to become a Hotel
There are many steps that must be taken in order to become a hotel. The first step is to find a location. The location must be zoned for a hotel and have the necessary utilities available. Once a location is found, the next step is to obtain the necessary permits and licenses from the local government. The next step is to find a reputable construction company to build the hotel. Once the hotel is built, the next step is to find a reputable management company to manage the hotel. Finally, the last step is to market the hotel to potential guests.
Related: Hotel Resume Example