CVS Apparel Clerk Resume Examples
This article provides helpful examples and tips to create a successful resume for an Apparel Clerk position at CVS.
Updated 9 min read
This article will provide tips on how to create a standout resume for an Apparel Clerk position at CVS. It will discuss what types of skills and experience to include, as well as how to best showcase your qualifications in order to stand out from other applicants. Additionally, it will provide advice on how to effectively communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role.
CVS Apparel Clerk Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
CVS Apparel Clerk Resume Example
Mandie Porco, Apparel Clerk
Des Moines, IA
I am an experienced Apparel Clerk with over one year of experience in the retail industry. I have a passion for providing exceptional customer service and ensuring customer satisfaction. My skills include stocking and restocking merchandise, providing product knowledge, processing transactions, and maintaining store displays. I am able to work independently and as part of a team, and I possess strong organizational and problem-solving skills. I am comfortable working in fast-paced environments and have a proven ability to meet deadlines. I always strive to provide the highest level of service to customers and I am committed to delivering the best possible shopping experience.
Apparel Clerk at Wal-Mart Supercenter, IA
Jan 2023 - Present
- Increased sales by 25% in one year: During my tenure as Apparel Clerk at Wal-Mart Supercenter, IA, I successfully implemented a series of strategies that increased sales of apparel by 25%. This included increasing the number of items on display, improving customer service, and expanding the store's selection of fashionable clothing.
- Optimized inventory management process: I led the team in developing an optimized inventory management process that improved efficiency by 20%. This included adding new software, reorganizing the stock shelves, and training personnel on how to accurately track inventory.
- Managed staff of 15: As Apparel Clerk, I was responsible for managing a team of 15 employees. I trained and mentored staff members, monitored their performance, and developed strategies to improve customer service. My efforts resulted in a 10% increase in customer satisfaction ratings.
Associate Apparel Clerk at Kohl's Department Stores, IA
Aug 2022 - Dec 2022
- Reduced shrinkage rate by 13% in one year: As an Associate Apparel Clerk at Kohl's Department Stores, IA, I implemented a new inventory tracking system to accurately track merchandise and reduce the rate of shrinkage. By the end of the year, I had successfully reduced the shrinkage rate by 13%, resulting in increased profits for the store.
- Increased customer satisfaction by 8%: I provided excellent customer service to shoppers at Kohl's Department Stores, IA, resulting in an 8% increase in customer satisfaction ratings from the previous year.
- Improved product placement accuracy by 10%: I improved the accuracy of product placement in the store by 10%, helping to make sure that items were placed correctly and making it easier for customers to find what they were looking for.
High School Diploma in Apparel Merchandising at Valley High School, West Des Moines, IA
Sep 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Textiles, Apparel Design, Merchandising and Buying, Fashion History and Trends, and Business Law and Economics.
- Customer Service
- Inventory Management
- Cash Handling
- Visual Display
- Product Knowledge
- Certified Apparel Professional (CAP)
- National Retail Federation Certification in Visual Merchandising and Store Design
Tips for Writing a Better CVS Apparel Clerk Resume
1. Highlight Your Relevant Work Experience: When writing a CVS Apparel Clerk resume, it is important to include information about your past job experiences that are relevant to the position. This can include any customer service roles you have held, as well as any retail or sales positions. Make sure to list the duties and responsibilities you had in each role so employers can get a better idea of your skillset.
2. Showcase Your Knowledge of CVS Products: As an apparel clerk at CVS, it is important to have knowledge of their products and services. Showcase this knowledge by including details about any product-related tasks you have completed in previous roles, such as stocking shelves, assisting customers with product selection, and handling inventory management.
3. Demonstrate Your Ability to Provide Excellent Customer Service: Customer service is key when working in retail, and especially for an apparel clerk at CVS. Make sure to highlight your ability to provide excellent customer service by detailing how you handled customer complaints or inquiries in past roles. Additionally, showcase any awards or certifications that demonstrate your commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
4. Include Your Education: If you are applying for an entry-level role at CVS as an apparel clerk, make sure to include details about your education on your resume. Include the name of the school you attended and any relevant degrees or certificates that demonstrate your qualifications for the position.
5. Use Keywords: Many employers use automated software programs called Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) when sorting through resumes for potential candidates for a position. To ensure that your resume makes it through these systems, include appropriate keywords from the job description throughout your resume where applicable.
Related: Clerk Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on CVS Apparel Clerk Resumes
Incorporating keywords from the job description into your application materials is essential when applying for an Apparel Clerk opportunity at CVS. This is because CVS uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to scan resumes and applications for relevant keywords that match the job description. If your application does not contain those words, it may be overlooked or not selected for further review. To ensure your resume stands out from the competition and reaches the intended hiring manager, make sure to include all relevant keywords from the job description in your resume and cover letter.
When applying for an apparel clerk position at CVS, you may encounter the following common skills and key terms:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Inventory Management||Retail Sales|
|Cash Handling||Visual Merchandising|
|Point of Sale (POS) Systems||Stock Replenishment|
|Store Operations||Product Knowledge|
|Attention to Detail||Time Management|
|Communication Skills||Problem Solving|
|Ability to Lift Heavy Objects||Fashion Trends Awareness|
Related: Clerk Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for CVS Apparel Clerk Resumes
Writing a resume can be a difficult task, especially when it comes to action verbs. It is important to use various verbs throughout the document in order to make your CVS Apparel Clerk Resume stand out from the crowd. Action verbs help employers understand what tasks you have been responsible for and how you achieved them. Examples of strong action verbs for a CVS Apparel Clerk Resume include: organized, stocked, displayed, processed, distributed, managed, inventoried and monitored. Using varied action verbs will help show employers that you are a dynamic and capable candidate who is able to take on any challenge.
To give you a competitive edge and help you land your next interview, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs to strengthen your resume:
Related: What does a Clerk do?