CVS Courtesy Clerk Resume Examples
This article provides sample resumes and cover letters for CVS Courtesy Clerks, as well as tips on how to write a successful resume and cover letter.
Published 8 min read
This article provides helpful tips on how to write a resume for a Courtesy Clerk position at CVS. It covers topics such as highlighting relevant work experience, emphasizing customer service skills, and showcasing any specialized knowledge of CVS operations. The article also includes advice on what information to include and omit when writing a resume for this type of role. Finally, it provides an understanding of the importance of tailoring your resume to each specific job you are applying for.
CVS Courtesy Clerk Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
CVS Courtesy Clerk Resume Example
Eillen Landherr, Courtesy Clerk
I am an experienced Courtesy Clerk with over 1 year of experience in customer service. I have a proven track record of providing excellent customer service and creating a welcoming environment for customers. I am highly organized and able to keep a clean and orderly workspace. My strong interpersonal skills have enabled me to effectively interact with customers and resolve any issues that may arise. I am also knowledgeable in the use of POS systems and can accurately and efficiently complete transactions. I am dedicated to providing the highest level of service to customers and I am excited to bring my experience and skillset to your team.
Courtesy Clerk at Walmart, MS
Feb 2023 - Present
- Increased customer satisfaction score from 78% to 95% by proactively greeting customers and providing helpful service.
- Enhanced store efficiency by restocking shelves with inventory and ensuring items were properly labeled with accurate pricing.
- Exceeded daily performance goals by efficiently processing customer transactions and accurately handling cash and credit payments.
- Improved customer experience by providing timely and friendly service, resulting in a 20% increase in customer feedback surveys completed.
Courtesy Clerk Trainee at Kroger, MS
Sep 2022 - Dec 2022
- Assisted in stocking shelves with over 1,600 items per shift, ensuring that all products were placed in the correct location and had up-to-date pricing.
- Greeted over 500 customers per week in a friendly and professional manner, providing excellent customer service.
- Processed over 300 transactions per shift, ensuring accurate pricing and item scanning.
- Operated the cash register with 100% accuracy, minimizing customer wait times and ensuring customer satisfaction.
High School Diploma at Hattiesburg High School, Hattiesburg, MS
Sep 2017 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: English, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Electives.
- Customer Service
- Cash Handling
- Grocery Bagging
- Stock Shelves
- Price Checking
- Inventory Management
- Certified Courtesy Clerk (CCC)
- Certified Grocery Store Customer Service Representative (CGSCSR)
Tips for Writing a Better CVS Courtesy Clerk Resume
1. Use the right keywords: As with any job application, it’s important to use the right keywords in your CVS courtesy clerk resume. This will help ensure that it gets noticed by employers and stands out from other applications. Make sure to include words such as ‘customer service’, ‘cashiering’, ‘stocking shelves’ and ‘inventory management’.
2. Highlight relevant experience: When writing your CVS courtesy clerk resume, make sure to highlight any relevant experience you have had in customer service or retail. This could include previous jobs or volunteer work that showed off your ability to handle customers in a professional manner and work quickly and efficiently behind a cash register or stocking shelves.
3. Showcase your organization skills: Employers are looking for someone who can stay organized when working with customers and inventory at a fast pace. Showcase your organizational skills on your CVS courtesy clerk resume by mentioning any specific strategies you used to stay on top of tasks or how you kept track of incoming orders or stocked items on the shelves quickly and accurately.
4. Demonstrate flexibility: Employers want to see that you can be flexible when dealing with customers or handling different tasks throughout the day. You should emphasize this on your CVS courtesy clerk resume by mentioning any instances where you had to adjust quickly to changing situations or switch between tasks without missing a beat.
Related: Courtesy Clerk Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on CVS Courtesy Clerk Resumes
When applying for a Courtesy Clerk opportunity at CVS, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your application materials. This is because CVS uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to evaluate applications. ATS are automated systems that scan resumes and cover letters for specific keywords related to the job opening. If your application materials do not contain the right keywords, then they may not be seen by a hiring manager or recruiter. Therefore, including relevant keywords from the job description in your application can help increase your chances of being considered for the position.
When applying for a courtesy clerk position at CVS, you may come across the following common skills and key terms:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Customer service||Cash handling|
|Greeting customers||Bagging groceries|
|Point of sale (POS) systems||Stocking shelves|
|Inventory management||Product knowledge|
|Cleaning and organizing store areas||Problem solving|
|Time management||Attention to detail|
|Interpersonal skills||Courtesy and politeness|
|Scanning items at checkout||Assisting customers with returns/exchanges|
Related: Courtesy Clerk Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for CVS Courtesy Clerk Resumes
Finding the right action verbs to use on your resume can be a challenging task. It is important to use varied and powerful verbs when crafting your resume in order to make it stand out among the competition. As a Courtesy Clerk, you could use words such as “greeted”, “assessed”, “processed”, “handled”, and “assisted” to describe your job responsibilities. Additionally, you could also use words such as “demonstrated”, “coordinated” and “facilitated” to emphasize your experience. By using varied action verbs throughout your resume, you will help create an engaging and impactful document that will attract potential employers.
To give you an advantage in your job search, we've compiled a list of effective action verbs to enhance your resume and help secure your next interview:
Related: What does a Courtesy Clerk do?