CVS Bakery Clerk Resume Examples
Published 8 min read
This article will provide step-by-step instructions on how to create a resume when applying for a Bakery Clerk position at CVS. It will cover topics such as what information to include in the resume, how to highlight relevant experiences and skills, and tips for making the resume stand out. Additionally, advice will be given on how to tailor the resume specifically for CVS.
CVS Bakery Clerk Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
CVS Bakery Clerk Resume Example
Jeryl Neet, Bakery Clerk
I am an experienced Bakery Clerk with over a year of experience in the food service industry. I have a passion for baking and food preparation and have developed a strong knowledge of bakery products and ingredients. I have a strong work ethic and am capable of working independently or as part of a team. My skills include cake decorating, icing cakes, and creating custom cakes. I have excellent customer service skills, in addition to being efficient and organized. I am able to keep track of inventory and orders, as well as maintain a clean and organized work space. I am confident in my abilities to be an asset to any bakery.
Bakery Clerk at Village Bake Shoppe (Indianapolis, IN), IN
Nov 2022 - Present
- Increased customer satisfaction ratings by 25% through improvements to customer service practices.
- Developed a system for tracking inventory which resulted in a 15% reduction in food waste.
- Collaborated with management to develop new recipes and products, resulting in a 12% increase in sales.
- Implemented cost-saving measures that reduced operating costs by 10%.
Bakery Assistant at Baked! (Fishers, IN), IN
Aug 2022 - Oct 2022
- Increased customer satisfaction ratings by 10% in one year: As a Bakery Assistant at Baked! (Fishers, IN), I was responsible for ensuring that customers received the highest quality baked goods and excellent customer service. I worked hard to ensure that each customer had an enjoyable experience and their needs were met. After one year of working in this position, customer satisfaction ratings had increased by 10%.
- Developed an efficient baking process: Working as a Bakery Assistant at Baked! (Fishers, IN), I developed an efficient baking process that allowed us to produce high-quality goods in a timely manner. This helped our bakery to save time and money while still providing excellent products to our customers.
- Improved safety protocols: As a Bakery Assistant at Baked! (Fishers, IN), I implemented a series of safety protocols that improved the overall safety of our bakery. This included providing proper training to employees, ensuring all equipment was maintained, and instituting regular inspections.
- Cut waste by 20%: As a Bakery Assistant at Baked! (Fishers, IN), I was able to reduce the amount of waste produced by 20%. This was accomplished by implementing a more efficient production process, using fewer ingredients, and reducing packaging waste.
High School Diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts at Ivy Tech Community College, Indianapolis, IN
Aug 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Baking and Pastry Arts Theory, Baking and Pastry Arts Techniques, Bakery Management, Food Safety and Sanitation, Advanced Baking and Pastry Arts, and Creative Baking and Pastry Arts.
- Customer Service
- Cash Handling
- Baking/Pastry Production
- Inventory Management
- Food Safety & Sanitation
- Point-of-Sale (POS) Systems
- Time Management
- ServSafe Food Handler Certificate
- National Bakery Certification Program
Tips for Writing a Better CVS Bakery Clerk Resume
1. Highlight Your Skills: Be sure to list any relevant skills that may be beneficial for a CVS Bakery Clerk position, such as customer service, baking, and cashiering.
2. Showcase Your Experience: Demonstrate any prior experience you have working in the bakery or retail setting. Include details about your responsibilities, such as stocking shelves or helping customers find products.
3. Detail Your Education: If you’re a recent graduate with limited work experience, include any certifications or degrees you may have earned related to baking or pastry making.
4. Promote Your Creativity: Describe how you approach tasks and scenarios from a creative perspective. Share examples of how you’ve used your creative thinking to solve problems or come up with unique solutions for customers.
5. Provide References: List at least two references who can speak to your professionalism and work ethic in the bakery setting. Include their contact information so potential employers can easily reach out to them for more information about your qualifications and performance on the job.
Related: Bakery Clerk Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on CVS Bakery Clerk Resumes
Incorporating keywords from the job description when applying for a Bakery Clerk opportunity at CVS is an important step in the application process. This is because CVS uses an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to quickly scan through resumes and select the most qualified candidates. Including keywords from the job description in your resume will help ensure that your application gets noticed by the ATS, allowing you to stand out from other applicants and potentially increase your chances of being selected for an interview.
When applying for a bakery clerk position at CVS, you may encounter the following common skills and key terms:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Customer Service||Cash Handling|
|Inventory Management||Food Preparation|
|Baking Skills||Decorating Skills|
|Attention to Detail||Time Management|
|Cleaning and Sanitizing||Food Safety Knowledge|
|Product Knowledge||Point of Sale (POS) Systems|
|Receiving Deliveries||Working Quickly and Efficiently|
|Record Keeping||Math Skills|
|Problem Solving Abilities||Teamwork & Collaboration|
|Interpersonal Communication Skills||Flexibility & Adaptability|
Common Action Verbs for CVS Bakery Clerk Resumes
Finding varied and appropriate action verbs to use on resumes can be difficult. For example, if you are creating a resume for a bakery clerk position, it is important to use action verbs that describe the specific job duties. Examples could include “baked”, “prepared”, “packaged”, “stocked”, or “measured”. Using different action verbs in your resume gives employers an idea of the range of tasks that you have experience with and can perform in the job. This will help demonstrate your skillset and give employers a better understanding of your qualifications for the position.
To give you an advantage in your job search, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs you can use to enhance your resume and increase your chances of landing an interview:
Related: What does a Bakery Clerk do?