CVS Pharmacy Clerk Resume Examples
This article provides helpful examples of resumes for CVS Pharmacy Clerks, including tips on how to highlight relevant experience and skills.
Published 8 min read
This article provides an overview of how to create a resume for a position as a Pharmacy Clerk at CVS. It outlines the key skills and experiences that should be included in the resume, as well as tips on how to best highlight your qualifications and make yourself stand out from other applicants. Additionally, it offers advice on how to tailor your resume specifically for this role and which sections should be given the most attention.
CVS Pharmacy Clerk Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
CVS Pharmacy Clerk Resume Example
Yailene Neville, Pharmacy Clerk
Salt Lake City, UT
I am a Pharmacy Clerk with over 1 year of experience in a retail pharmacy. I have a strong customer service background with excellent communication and organizational skills. My experience includes data entry, stocking shelves, and providing outstanding customer service. I am also highly knowledgeable in medication and pharmacy services, and I am well-versed in pharmacy terminology and operations. Additionally, I am skilled in using various computer systems and software. My ability to provide efficient and accurate customer service has been highly praised by customers and pharmacy staff alike.
Pharmacy Clerk at Walgreens, UT
Dec 2022 - Present
- Improved prescription dispensing accuracy by 10%, reducing customer complaints by 25%. As a Pharmacy Clerk at Walgreens in UT, I was responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all prescriptions filled. To improve accuracy, I implemented a double-checking system with my colleagues and trained them on proper procedures. This resulted in a 10% improvement in accuracy, which reduced customer complaints by 25%.
- Streamlined pharmacy operations by 15%, saving the company $20,000 annually. I identified several areas of inefficiency in the pharmacy operations and proposed changes to streamline the process. My suggestions were implemented, resulting in a 15% increase in efficiency and an annual savings of $20,000 for the company.
- Developed and implemented a new customer service program, increasing customer satisfaction scores by 20%. I created and rolled out a new customer service program for our pharmacy. This program included training for staff on how to better interact with customers, as well as new policies to ensure customer satisfaction. This resulted in a 20% increase in customer satisfaction scores.
Pharmacy Assistant at CVS Pharmacy, UT
Sep 2022 - Oct 2022
- Processed over 500 prescriptions per day: As a Pharmacy Assistant at CVS Pharmacy in UT, I was able to process an average of 500 prescriptions daily. This included data entry, verifying patient information, and filling out paperwork.
- Increased customer satisfaction ratings by 15%: I consistently provided excellent customer service, which resulted in an increase in customer satisfaction ratings by 15%.
- Reduced wait times by 10%: I implemented a new system for organizing the workflow in the pharmacy that helped reduce customer wait times by 10%. This allowed customers to get their prescriptions quickly and efficiently.
Certificate in Pharmacy Clerk at Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, UT
Sep 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Introduction to Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Calculations, Pharmaceutical Product Distribution, and Pharmacy Law & Ethics.
- Attention to detail
- Customer service
- Organizational skills
- Computer proficiency
- Data entry accuracy
- Inventory management
- Time management
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Certified Compounded Sterile Preparation Technician (CSPT)
Tips for Writing a Better CVS Pharmacy Clerk Resume
1. Focus on Your Strengths: Before you begin writing your CVS Pharmacy Clerk resume, take some time to reflect on the skills and experiences that make you a strong candidate for the position. Highlight those qualities in the summary statement, work experience section and other areas of your resume.
2. Tailor Your Resume to the Job Description: Take some time to review the job description for a CVS Pharmacy Clerk. Use key words from the job description as you craft your resume and make sure that you’re including relevant experiences in each section of your resume.
3. Use Action Words: Action words are powerful tools that can help bring life to your resume and help you stand out from other applicants. Use action words like “maintained,” “coordinated,” “supervised,” and “implemented” when describing your previous experiences on your CVS Pharmacy Clerk resume.
4. Double Check Your Contact Information: Make sure that all of the contact information listed on your CVS Pharmacy Clerk resume is accurate and up-to-date. This includes not only your address but also any phone numbers or email addresses associated with you. Double-check this information before submitting your application to avoid any confusion or delays during the hiring process.
Related: Pharmacy Clerk Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on CVS Pharmacy Clerk Resumes
When applying for a Pharmacy Clerk opportunity at CVS, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description in your application. This is because CVS uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to filter applications and resumes. ATS scans the text of your resume and application for key words or phrases that match those found in the job description. If your resume contains these relevant keywords, you are more likely to be selected by the system as a potential candidate. Incorporating keywords into your application will thus increase your chances of being noticed by CVS.
When applying for a pharmacy clerk position at CVS, you may encounter common skills and key terms such as:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Inventory management||Customer service|
|Computer skills||Attention to detail|
|Cash handling||Data entry|
|Record keeping||Communication skills|
|Time management||Organizational skills|
|Knowledge of medical terminology||HIPAA regulations compliance|
|Medical insurance billing and coding||Compounding medications|
|Dispensing medications||Regulatory compliance|
|Merchandising and stocking shelves||Quality assurance|
Related: Pharmacy Clerk Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for CVS Pharmacy Clerk Resumes
Finding the right action verbs to use on your resume can be difficult. It is important to use varied and descriptive verbs in order to make your CVS Pharmacy Clerk resume stand out. A few examples of appropriate action verbs for a CVS Pharmacy Clerk Resume include: organized, dispensed, stocked, managed, processed, communicated, and maintained. By using these words to describe your accomplishments and work history you will be able to create an impactful resume that will help you land the job you want.
To give you an advantage over the competition, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs that can help strengthen your resume and increase your chances of landing your next interview:
Related: What does a Pharmacy Clerk do?