What does a Human Resources Executive do?
Learn all about Human Resources Executive duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become a Human Resources Executive.
Published 3 min read
A human resources executive is responsible for the overall management of an organization's human resources department. They develop and implement policies and programs related to employee recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefits, and more. In addition, they work to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Human Resources Executive job duties include:
- Develop and implement human resources policies and procedures
- Plan and administer the organization's compensation and benefits programs
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives
- Administer employee health and safety programs
- Manage the organization's affirmative action program
- Investigate allegations of unlawful discrimination, harassment, or other prohibited personnel practices
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend appropriate courses of action to resolve problems
- Develop and maintain a human resources information system to provide data for making personnel decisions
- Serve as liaison between employees and management to communicate each group's concerns, needs, and interests
Human Resources Executive Job Requirements
A Human Resources Executive typically needs a bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or a related field. Many organizations prefer candidates who have a master's degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field. Certification is not required, but it may give job seekers an edge over other candidates. To be eligible for certification, candidates must have at least four years of experience in human resources and pass an exam.
Human Resources Executive Skills
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Conflict resolution
- Employee relations
- Training and development
- Performance management
- Compensation and benefits
- Labour relations
How to become a Human Resources Executive
There are a few key steps that anyone interested in becoming a Human Resources Executive should take. First, it is important to get a degree in human resources or a related field. This will give you the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in this role. Secondly, it is important to gain experience in the field of human resources. This can be done through internships or working in entry-level positions in human resources. Finally, it is important to develop strong leadership skills. This can be done by taking on leadership roles in organizations or volunteering for leadership positions in community groups. By following these steps, anyone can become a Human Resources Executive.