What does a Commercial Sales Manager do?
Learn all about Commercial Sales Manager duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become a Commercial Sales Manager.
Published 3 min read
A commercial sales manager is responsible for managing the sales team of a company and ensuring that targets are met. They will also be involved in developing sales strategies, identifying new business opportunities and managing customer relationships.
Commercial Sales Manager job duties include:
- Meeting with potential clients to discuss their commercial needs
- Assessing client’s businesses and understanding their sales goals
- Developing customized sales plans for each client
- Managing a team of salespeople and setting quotas
- Monitoring sales metrics and analyzing data to identify trends
- Adjusting sales strategies as needed to improve results
- Training and coaching sales staff on effective selling techniques
- Creating and delivering presentations to prospective clients
- Negotiating contracts with commercial clients
- Building and maintaining relationships with key decision-makers at commercial accounts
Commercial Sales Manager Job Requirements
A Commercial Sales Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing a team of salespeople who sell commercial products and services to businesses. They typically have a bachelor's degree in business or a related field, and previous experience working in sales and management. They must be able to motivate and lead their team, as well as have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Commercial Sales Manager Skills
- Time Management
- Customer Service
- Product Knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Territory Management
- Industry Knowledge
How to become a Commercial Sales Manager
A commercial sales manager is responsible for the sale of products or services to businesses and organizations. They work with a team of sales representatives to develop strategies and objectives, and manage the day-to-day operations of the department. In order to become a commercial sales manager, one must first have several years of experience in sales and management. It is also important to have a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to motivate and lead a team.