Walmart Business Analyst Resume Examples
This article provides examples of successful Walmart Business Analyst resumes to help job seekers create their own unique and effective resume.
Published 8 min read
This article provides an overview of the key components needed to create a successful resume for a Business Analyst position at Walmart. It explains how to highlight your relevant skills, experience, and qualifications in order to stand out from the competition. Additionally, it offers tips on how to craft an effective summary statement and use keywords strategically, as well as other best practices for creating an impactful resume that will lead to success in your job search.
Walmart Business Analyst Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Walmart Business Analyst Resume Example
Jory Lamerson, Business Analyst
As a Business Analyst with over 1 year of experience, I have provided critical insights and analysis to a variety of business projects. I have successfully conducted market research, data analysis, and financial modeling to develop effective business strategies. Utilizing problem solving and critical thinking skills, I am able to identify areas of improvement and develop actionable solutions to increase efficiency and maximize profits. I am a skilled communicator and can effectively collaborate with teams of all sizes. I am adept at using various analytical tools, including Microsoft Office, Tableau, and SQL.
Senior Business Analyst at KPMG LLP, PA
Oct 2022 - Present
- Developed a financial forecasting model that delivered cost savings of $2 million for KPMG LLP, PA. This included gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources to create an accurate budget forecast over the next five years.
- Created a comprehensive business analysis report detailing current trends in the industry which enabled senior management at KPMG LLP, PA to make informed decisions about future investments.
- Led project team on successful implementation of new software system resulting in 20% increase in operational efficiency across departments within two months’ time frame.
- Developed key performance indicators (KPIs) enabling effective monitoring of progress against goals; this resulted into 10% improved profitability within six months period .
Business Analyst at Deloitte Consulting LLP, PA
Jul 2022 - Sep 2022
- Implemented a data-driven decision making process that increased efficiency by 15% and decreased cost of operations by $25 million.
- Developed an innovative financial forecasting model which improved accuracy rate to 95%, resulting in more precise budgeting decisions for clients.
- Created customised dashboards with detailed visual analytics, allowing stakeholders to easily track project progress within Deloitte Consulting LLP's PA office.
- Led the successful completion of 3 large scale projects on time and under budget, saving up to 20% over initial estimates while maintaining high quality standards throughout each phase.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
Aug 2017 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Accounting, Economics, Business Law, and Statistics.
- Project management
- Data analysis
- Requirements gathering
- Process improvement
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Certified Agile Business Analyst (CABA)
Tips for Writing a Better Walmart Business Analyst Resume
1. Highlight Your Skills: Make sure to highlight your skills in the area of analysis, data management, and problem solving. Showcase how you are able to identify trends and use data to make decisions.
2. Mention Any Relevant Experience: Include any prior experience in business analytics or related fields that may be relevant to the position. This could include internships, volunteer work, or professional experience.
3. Focus on Results: When listing accomplishments, focus on results rather than just activities. Showcase how you were able to solve problems or create value for the company through your analysis and recommendations.
4. Use Keywords: Use keywords from the job description throughout your resume that are related to the position you’re applying for at Walmart Business Analyst. This will help ensure that your resume stands out from other applicants and is optimized for Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
5. Proofread Your Resume: Before submitting your resume, take time to review it for any typos or errors that could hurt your chances of getting an interview call back from Walmart Business Analyst recruiters.
Related: Business Analyst Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Walmart Business Analyst Resumes
Incorporating keywords from the job description when applying for a Business Analyst opportunity at Walmart is important due to the company's use of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). ATS are automated systems used by employers to scan, review and rank applications. These systems look for specific keywords that match the job description, so including them in your application can help you stand out from other applicants. Using relevant keywords increases your chances of being noticed by the ATS and being considered for an interview.
The following is a list of skills and key terms you might encounter when applying for business analyst positions at Walmart:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Data Analysis||Requirements Gathering|
|Business Process Modeling||System Design and Documentation|
|Project Management||Problem Solving|
|Strategic Thinking||Communication Skills|
|Financial Analysis||Data Visualization|
|Risk Analysis||Business Intelligence|
|Process Improvement||Technical Writing|
|Quality Assurance||Change Management|
|Requirements Engineering||Agile Methodologies|
|Database Design||Software Testing|
Related: Business Analyst Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Walmart Business Analyst Resumes
Finding the right action verbs to use on a resume can be difficult. It is important to use varied, powerful verbs in order to create an effective Walmart Business Analyst Resume. Action verbs like “developed”, “analyzed”, “coordinated”, and “implemented” can help highlight key accomplishments and demonstrate proficiency in the field. Additionally, using more specific action verbs such as “orchestrated” or “facilitated” can help set your resume apart from other applicants. Using a variety of action verbs throughout your resume will give potential employers a better sense of your skillset and show that you are capable of taking on the role of Walmart Business Analyst.
To give you a competitive edge, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs that can help strengthen your resume and increase your chances of landing your next interview:
Related: What does a Business Analyst do?