CVS Pharmacy Technician Apprentice Resume Examples
This article provides examples of effective resumes for CVS Pharmacy Technician Apprentices, including key qualifications and tips for creating a successful resume.
Published 9 min read
This article will provide an in-depth guide on how to create a resume that will help you stand out as a Pharmacy Technician Apprentice at CVS. It will cover topics such as which skills and experiences to highlight, what information to include, and tips on how to effectively present your qualifications. Additionally, the article will go over common mistakes to avoid when writing a resume for this position.
CVS Pharmacy Technician Apprentice Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
CVS Pharmacy Technician Apprentice Resume Example
Sevilla Weakley, Pharmacy Technician Apprentice
As an experienced Pharmacy Technician Apprentice with over 1 year of experience, I have developed a comprehensive knowledge of pharmaceuticals and gained valuable insight into the industry. My expertise includes processing prescriptions, updating patient profiles, and utilizing the pharmacy computer system. I am highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent customer service skills. I am able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. I am confident that my skills and experience can be a valuable asset to any pharmacy.
Pharmacy Technician Apprentice at Walgreens, VA
Dec 2022 - Present
- Completed over 200 prescriptions a month with a 98% accuracy rate: As a Pharmacy Technician Apprentice at Walgreens in VA, I completed over 200 prescriptions a month with a 98% accuracy rate. This accomplishment was achieved through my attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Streamlined pharmacy operations: By utilizing my knowledge of pharmacy operations, I was able to streamline the pharmacy process, resulting in a 20% reduction in wait times for customers.
- Developed inventory tracking system: I developed an inventory tracking system to help manage the inventory of medications in the pharmacy. This system was implemented in all pharmacies in the region, resulting in a 15% decrease in medication shortages.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee at CVS Pharmacy, VA
Aug 2022 - Nov 2022
- Processed over 100 prescriptions per day: As a Pharmacy Technician Trainee at CVS Pharmacy in VA, I was able to process an average of over 100 prescriptions per day for customers. This included verifying customer information, accurately entering prescription data into the system, and filling and labeling medications.
- Contributed to a 5% reduction in wait times: I was instrumental in helping to reduce wait times in the pharmacy by 5%. This was done by streamlining the prescription filling process and increasing the efficiency of the pharmacy staff.
- Assisted in training new staff members: I was selected to assist in the training of new staff members. This included teaching them the proper procedures for filling prescriptions, as well as customer service best practices. I also showed them how to use the pharmacy computer system to its full potential.
Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Apprentice at Tidewater Community College, VA
Sep 2017 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Medical Terminology, Pharmacy Calculations and Dosage, Principles of Pharmacology, and Pharmaceutical Compounding.
- Attention to detail
- Customer service
- Computer literacy
- Math skills
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Certified Compounded Sterile Preparation Technician (CSPT)
Tips for Writing a Better CVS Pharmacy Technician Apprentice Resume
1. Focus on your skills: As a CVS Pharmacy Technician Apprentice, you need to demonstrate that you have the right skills to perform the job. Make sure to include any relevant experience in customer service, medical terminology, pharmacy calculations and other related areas.
2. Highlight achievements: Showcase your accomplishments as a CVS Pharmacy Technician Apprentice by adding them to your resume. This could include successful completion of a training program or passing a certification exam.
3. Be specific: Include details about your previous roles and responsibilities as a CVS Pharmacy Technician Apprentice. Use bullet points and action verbs to make it easier for employers to quickly scan through your resume.
4. Proofread carefully: Before sending off your resume, make sure to proofread it for any typos or grammatical errors. Ensure that all information is accurate and up-to-date so employers can trust the accuracy of your application materials.
Related: Pharmacy Technician Apprentice Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on CVS Pharmacy Technician Apprentice Resumes
When applying for a Pharmacy Technician Apprentice position at CVS, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your application. This is because CVS uses an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to help them manage their recruitment process. The ATS scans resumes and applications for specific keywords that match the job description, so if you don't include these keywords in your application, you could be overlooked and not considered for the position. Incorporating relevant keywords into your resume increases the likelihood of being selected for an interview by CVS.
When applying for a pharmacy technician apprentice position at CVS, you should be familiar with common skills and key terms such as those listed below.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Prescription Filling||Patient Interaction|
|Pharmacy Law and Regulations||Medical Terminology|
|Drug Calculations||Dosage Forms|
|Sterile Compounding||Aseptic Technique|
|Data Entry||Computer Skills|
|Billing and Reimbursement||Insurance Processing|
|Medication Therapy Management (MTM)||Communication Skills|
|Customer Service||Problem Solving|
Related: Pharmacy Technician Apprentice Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for CVS Pharmacy Technician Apprentice Resumes
When writing a resume for a Pharmacy Technician Apprentice position, it can be difficult to come up with different action verbs to use. However, using varied verbs is essential in order to create an effective resume. Not only does this demonstrate your ability to be creative and resourceful, but it also allows you to showcase the range of skills that you have acquired within the field. By using powerful words such as "orchestrated," "formulated," and "facilitated," you can demonstrate your knowledge and experience working in a pharmacy setting. Additionally, by using more specific words like "administered" or "monitored," you can further emphasize your expertise in the field.
To give you a competitive edge, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs you can use to strengthen your resume and land your next interview:
Accelerate, Achieve, Administer, Analyze, Assess, Collaborate, Compile, Create, Cultivate, Demonstrate, Design, Develop, Direct, Enhance, Execute, Facilitate, Generate , Implement , Improve , Innovate , Lead , Manage , Maximize , Monitor , Motivate , Negotiate , Operate , Organize , Oversee , Plan , Prepare , Produce