What does an Insurance Account Executive do?
Learn all about Insurance Account Executive duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become an Insurance Account Executive.
Published 3 min read
An insurance account executive is responsible for managing a portfolio of insurance policies and developing relationships with clients. They work with clients to assess their needs and provide them with options for coverage. They also negotiate policy terms and prices with insurance carriers.
Insurance Account Executive job duties include:
- Prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- Develop relationships with new and existing clients to sell additional products or services.
- Understand the needs of each client and provide them with the best insurance coverage options based on their individual needs.
- Generate quotes for new and renewing clients.
- Negotiate with insurance carriers on behalf of clients to get the best possible rates.
- Process new business applications and policy renewals.
- Keep abreast of changes in the insurance industry to better serve clients.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales activities, customer contact information, etc. in CRM software.
- Meet or exceed annual sales goals set by management.
Insurance Account Executive Job Requirements
An insurance account executive is responsible for managing a portfolio of insurance accounts and developing new business opportunities. The job requires a bachelor’s degree in business, insurance, or a related field, as well as certification from the American Institute for Property and Casualty Insurance. Experience in customer service, sales, and account management is also helpful.
Insurance Account Executive Skills
- Customer Service
- Policy Administration
- Risk Management
- Financial Analysis
- Contract Review
- Regulatory Compliance
How to become an Insurance Account Executive
An insurance account executive is responsible for the management and sale of insurance policies to clients. They work with insurance companies to develop new business opportunities and maintain existing client relationships. To become an insurance account executive, you will need to have strong communication and negotiation skills. You will also need to be knowledgeable about the different types of insurance policies available and how they work.