What does an Assistant Front Office Manager do?
Learn all about Assistant Front Office Manager duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become an Assistant Front Office Manager.
Published 3 min read
An assistant front office manager is responsible for assisting the front office manager with the day-to-day operations of the hotel. They may also be responsible for training and supervising front office staff, as well as handling guest complaints and concerns.
Assistant Front Office Manager job duties include:
- Supervise the front office staff and ensure that all team members are providing excellent customer service
- Train new front office staff members
- Handle guest complaints and resolve any issues that may arise
- Monitor the reservations system and ensure that all reservations are being processed correctly
- Oversee the check-in/check-out process and ensure that it is running smoothly
- Prepare daily reports on guest arrivals, departures, and room occupancy rates
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure that guests are receiving the best possible service
- Handle any special requests that guests may have
- Assist the Front Office Manager with any tasks that need to be completed
Assistant Front Office Manager Job Requirements
Most assistant front office manager positions require at least a high school diploma or equivalent, although some may prefer or require postsecondary education, such as an associate degree in hotel management. Many assistant front office managers also possess certification from professional organizations, such as the American Hotel & Lodging Association. Prior experience working in a hotel front office is typically required or preferred. Strong customer service, communication, and organizational skills are essential for this role.
Assistant Front Office Manager Skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Stress management
- Detail oriented
How to become an Assistant Front Office Manager
The Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the front office, including supervising the activities of the front desk staff and other employees. They may also be responsible for training new employees and handling customer complaints.
To become an Assistant Front Office Manager, you will need to have at least a high school diploma or equivalent. Prior experience working in a hotel or other customer service environment is also helpful. You must be able to communicate effectively with customers and staff, and have strong organizational skills.