What does an Arts do?
Learn all about Arts duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become an Arts.
Published 3 min read
Some people think of arts as a way to express themselves. Others use it as a form of communication. It can also be used to tell stories or create new worlds.
Arts job duties include:
- Researching and developing ideas for new arts projects
- Working with other artists, designers, performers, writers etc. to create new arts products
- Planning and coordinating arts events and activities
- Developing and implementing arts marketing and promotional strategies
- Writing proposals and funding applications to support arts projects
- Liaising with venue managers, suppliers and contractors to ensure smooth running of arts events
- Evaluating the success of arts projects and events
- Preparing reports and presentations on arts activity for internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining accurate records of arts finances and budgets
Arts Job Requirements
There are no specific job requirements for an arts education, but most employers prefer candidates with a bachelor's degree in arts education or a related field. Many states also require teachers to be certified in order to teach in public schools. Some employers may also require experience working with children or teaching experience.
- Problem solving
- Detail oriented
How to become an Arts
There is no one formula for becoming an artist, but there are some basic steps that can help you on your way. First, find your passion. What do you love to do? Whether it’s painting, sculpture, photography, or another medium, pursuing your passion is essential to becoming an artist. Second, get educated. While you don’t need a formal degree to be an artist, learning about your chosen medium and honing your skills will make you a better artist. You can take classes at a local community college or art center, or even online. Third, get connected. Attend art shows and meet other artists. Find a mentor who can help guide you on your journey. Fourth, market yourself. Create a website or blog to showcase your work, and make sure to include social media links so potential customers can find you. Fifth, don’t give up. Pursuing a career in the arts can be challenging, but if you have a true passion for it, never give up on your dream of becoming an artist.
Related: Arts Resume Example