Walmart Payroll Coordinator Resume Examples
This article provides resume examples and tips for writing an effective Walmart Payroll Coordinator resume.
Published 8 min read
This article will provide an in-depth guide on how to write a resume for the position of Payroll Coordinator at Walmart. It will cover what information to include, such as relevant work experience, education, and skills that demonstrate your qualifications for the position. Furthermore, it will provide tips and tricks on how to make your resume stand out from other applicants and ensure that you get noticed by Walmart hiring managers.
Walmart Payroll Coordinator Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Walmart Payroll Coordinator Resume Example
Leighna Kranik, Payroll Coordinator
I am a highly organized and detail-oriented Payroll Coordinator with over 2 years of experience in the payroll field. I have comprehensive knowledge of payroll processing, wage and tax laws, and payroll systems and am adept at reconciling payroll discrepancies. I am proficient in using Payroll Calculations, ADP, and Microsoft Office Suite. My experience includes preparing and submitting payroll documents, such as ACH payments, garnishments, and other deductions, as well as maintaining employee records, and resolving payroll discrepancies. Furthermore, I have a proven ability to operate independently and collaborate with management to ensure that all payroll operations are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Payroll Coordinator at ADP, CT
Nov 2022 - Present
- Implemented a new time-tracking system for ADP, CT which improved payroll processing efficiency by 60%.
- Streamlined the payroll process resulting in an average 10% reduction of errors and discrepancies.
- Developed comprehensive training materials to assist with onboarding of over 50 new employees across multiple departments.
- Successfully reconciled monthly accounts payable transactions totaling $2 million dollars within two days after month end closeout.
Payroll Assistant at Paychex, CT
Jul 2021 - Sep 2022
- Processed over 1,000 payrolls for the year with a 100% accuracy rate.
- Played an instrumental role in transitioning to Paychex’ new HR software platform; ensuring that all employee data was accurately transferred and updates were completed within timelines set by management.
- Developed innovative methods of streamlining processes related to payroll processing which resulted in improved efficiency rates across multiple departments from 10-15%.
- Provided support on weekly/monthly audits while troubleshooting any discrepancies identified – resulting in increased customer satisfaction ratings companywide by 20%.
Associate's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration at Goodwin College, East Hartford, CT
Aug 2016 - May 2021
Relevant Coursework: Introduction to Accounting, Business Law & Ethics, Managerial Accounting, Business Communications.
- Payroll Processing
- Tax Compliance
- Data Entry
- Benefits Administration
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
Tips for Writing a Better Walmart Payroll Coordinator Resume
1. Include Your Relevant Experience: When writing a resume for a Walmart payroll coordinator position, make sure to include any relevant experience you have in the field. This could include previous jobs or internships related to payroll. Be sure to list the specific duties and responsibilities you held in each position, as well as any successes or awards you received.
2. Use Keywords: When applying for a Walmart payroll coordinator role, it’s important to use keywords from the job description in your resume. This will help ensure that your resume stands out from other applicants and is more likely to be selected by recruiters and hiring managers.
3. Highlight Your Skills: As a Walmart payroll coordinator, there are certain skills that are essential for success in the role. Make sure to highlight these skills on your resume, such as knowledge of accounting software, Microsoft Excel proficiency, problem-solving abilities, and organizational skills.
4. Showcase Your Achievements: Don’t forget to include any achievements or awards you have earned throughout your career on your resume. This can help demonstrate that you are an experienced professional who is capable of performing at a high level and meeting goals efficiently and effectively.
Related: Payroll Coordinator Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Walmart Payroll Coordinator Resumes
When applying for a Payroll Coordinator opportunity at Walmart, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description in your application materials. This is because Walmart uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to scan applications and resumes for relevant keywords. If you do not include the same language that is used in the job listing, your application may not be identified as a match and may be overlooked. By using relevant keywords and phrases, you can ensure that your resume is picked up by the ATS and that you have a better chance of getting noticed by recruiters.
The following are some of the key skills and terms you may come across when applying for a payroll coordinator role at Walmart:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Benefits Administration||Data Entry|
|Record Keeping||Human Resources|
|Attention to Detail||Organization|
|Financial Analysis||Process Improvement|
|Microsoft Office Suite||System Administration|
Common Action Verbs for Walmart Payroll Coordinator Resumes
Finding the right action verbs to use on a Walmart Payroll Coordinator Resume is essential to making it stand out. Employers receive dozens of resumes for each job opening and often scan them quickly to determine if the candidate has the necessary qualifications. Using varied, powerful action verbs can help make your resume stand out from the pack and help you get noticed by employers. Examples of action verbs include “calculated,” “administered,” “processed,” “coordinated,” and “verified.” Taking the time to select specific words that accurately describe your accomplishments and skills will help you create a strong resume that will attract employers' attention and increase your chances of getting an interview.
Give yourself a competitive edge by using powerful action verbs in your resume! Our list of action verbs will help you stand out and secure that next interview:
Related: What does a Payroll Coordinator do?