Walmart IT Technician Resume Examples
This article provides Walmart IT Technician resume examples to help job seekers create resumes that will land them an interview in the competitive IT field.
Updated 8 min read
This article covers the tips and tricks to writing a resume that will help you stand out when applying for an IT Technician position at Walmart. It provides advice on what to include in your resume, such as highlighting relevant technical skills, providing examples of past accomplishments, and emphasizing your customer service experience. It also offers guidance on how to best highlight your qualifications and make sure your resume stands out from the competition.
Walmart IT Technician Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Walmart IT Technician Resume Example
Shirlie Vrablic, IT Technician
Salt Lake City, UT
As an IT Technician with over 1 year of experience, I have developed a strong technical foundation and exhibited the ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems while providing exceptional customer service. I am proficient in a variety of operating systems and networks, including Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. Additionally, I have experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer systems. My expertise lies in understanding customer requirements and providing customer service to meet their needs. I possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills and am able to work both independently and as part of a team.
IT Technician I at Advanced IT Solutions, UT
Sep 2022 - Present
- Upgraded company servers from Windows 7 to 10; successfully completed the project in 3 weeks, ahead of schedule.
- Installed and configured a new network infrastructure for Advanced IT Solutions UT's office space; reduced downtime by 25%.
- Developed an efficient system backup & recovery program that enabled data restoration within 2 hours after any disruption or outage.
- Streamlined internal processes with automation tools and scripts which resulted in 50% cost reduction per month on manual labor costs.
IT Technician II at Canyon Technology Group, UT
Aug 2022 - Aug 2022
- Implemented a new network infrastructure for Canyon Technology Group, UT that increased the speed of data transmissions by 40%. This allowed staff to work more efficiently and improved customer satisfaction.
- Developed an online training program which reduced on-boarding time from 8 hours to 4 hours resulting in cost savings estimated at $10K/year.
- Installed several hundred pieces of hardware throughout all departments with 100% accuracy rate, eliminating costly errors associated with manual installation processes.
- Resolved over 150 software related issues within 24 hour turnaround period increasing employee productivity by 15%.
Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology at Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, UT
Sep 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Computer Programming, Network Administration, Database Management, and Cybersecurity.
- Hardware installation/maintenance
- Software installation/configuration
- System administration
- Security management
- Customer service
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
Tips for Writing a Better Walmart IT Technician Resume
1. Start with a Strong Summary Statement: Your resume should begin with a strong summary statement that outlines your key qualifications and experience as an IT Technician at Walmart. This is your chance to make a great first impression, so make sure you highlight the most important qualities that make you an excellent fit for the job.
2. Use Relevant Keywords: As recruiters review resumes, they often use software to scan them for keywords related to the job. To ensure your resume gets seen, include keywords from the job listing in your resume.
3. Include Specific Accomplishments: Don’t be afraid to brag about yourself! Employers want to know what makes you stand out from other applicants and what kind of results you achieved in previous roles. Try to quantify your accomplishments whenever possible by including numbers and percentages.
4. Highlight Your Technical Skills: As an IT Technician at Walmart, technical skills are essential for success in the role. Make sure you list all relevant technical skills on your resume, such as knowledge of operating systems, networking protocols, cyber security protocols, etc.
5. Proofread Carefully: Before sending off your resume, proofread it several times for spelling and grammar errors. It’s also a good idea to ask someone else to read it over too – even if they don’t work in tech!
Related: IT Engineer Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Walmart IT Technician Resumes
When applying for an IT Technician opportunity at Walmart, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your application. This is because Walmart uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) when screening candidates. ATS use algorithms to scan resumes and applications for keywords that match the job requirements. Therefore, including relevant keywords from the job description in your application will help ensure that your resume is seen by the hiring manager and increase your chances of being invited for an interview.
Below is a list of essential skills and key terms you should be familiar with when applying for IT Technician positions at Walmart:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Computer hardware||Software installation|
|Data backup and recovery||Customer service|
|Windows OS||Linux OS|
|Mac OS||Database management|
|Cloud computing||Network protocols|
|Scripting/programming languages||Firewall configuration|
|Wireless networking||Disaster recovery planning|
|VoIP technologies||Mobile device support|
Common Action Verbs for Walmart IT Technician Resumes
Finding the right action verbs to use on a resume can be challenging, especially when applying for a job such as a Walmart IT Technician. It is important to include varied action verbs in order to stand out from other applicants and demonstrate your skills for the position. Examples of strong action verbs that could be used on a Walmart IT Technician resume include troubleshooted, maintained, installed, configured, upgraded, and monitored. By using these words strategically throughout your resume you can make it clear to employers that you are qualified for the job.
To give you a competitive edge, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs to help you strengthen your resume and land your next interview:
Related: What does an IT Engineer do?