Walmart Tire and Lube Technician Resume Examples
This article provides examples of resumes for Walmart Tire and Lube Technicians, highlighting skills and experiences that can help these professionals stand out in their job search.
Updated 9 min read
This article will provide an overview of how to write a resume for a Tire and Lube Technician position at Walmart. It will discuss the job requirements, such as mechanical knowledge, customer service skills, and ability to work with automotive tools, and offer advice on what to include in the resume in order to stand out from other applicants. Additionally, it will provide tips on how to highlight relevant experience and qualifications that make you a great fit for the job.
Walmart Tire and Lube Technician Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Walmart Tire and Lube Technician Resume Example
Stacia Naud, Tire and Lube Technician
Kansas City, MO
I am a Tire and Lube Technician with over 1 year of experience providing maintenance services to a wide range of customers. I have a strong knowledge base in tire maintenance and repair, and I am well-versed in the use of the latest tools and technologies. I have worked in a fast-paced environment, successfully completing multiple tasks with accuracy and efficiency. I am a team player and have a strong attention to detail, which are qualities that are invaluable in this profession. I am confident that I will be an asset to any organization that I join.
Tire and Lube Technician at Midas, MO
Sep 2022 - Present
- Completed 1,500 oil changes in one year: As a tire and lube technician at Midas MO, I was able to complete an average of 125 oil changes per month. This resulted in the successful completion of 1,500 oil change services within 12 months—a record for our shop!.
- Increased customer retention by 20%: Through excellent customer service and attention to detail while servicing customers’ vehicles, I successfully increased overall customer satisfaction ratings resulting in 20% more repeat business over my tenure with Midas Mo.
- Reduced turnaround time on vehicle repairs by 25%: By streamlining procedures used when performing brake jobs or other minor repair tasks associated with tires & lubrication services offered at Midas MO ,I reduced total job times from 30 minutes down to 22-25 minutes without sacrificing quality standards set forth by management .
Tire and Lube Technician Apprentice at Firestone Complete Auto Care, MO
Jul 2022 - Jul 2022
- Achieved an average score of 4.9/5 on customer satisfaction surveys, exceeding the company benchmark by 0.2 points over a 2-month period as Tire and Lube Technician Apprentice at Firestone Complete Auto Care in MO.
- Performed oil changes for 200 vehicles during peak season while maintaining 100% accuracy in record keeping.
- Successfully completed 8 hours of training to become certified with new tire mounting equipment within 3 weeks.
Certificate in Automotive Tire and Lube Technician at Ranken Technical College, St. Louis, MO
Sep 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Safety Standards, Tire Maintenance, Tire Balancing, Wheel Alignment, Brake Systems, Lubrication Systems, Engine Performance, Automotive Electrical Systems.
- Automotive maintenance
- Tire installation
- Oil changes
- Brake repairs
- Wheel alignment
- Diagnostic testing
- Customer service
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (NIASE) Tire and Lube Technician Certificate
Tips for Writing a Better Walmart Tire and Lube Technician Resume
1. Highlight Your Technical Skills: As a tire and lube technician, you need to demonstrate the technical skills related to your job. Include all relevant certifications, such as ASE certification or other certifications related to automobile maintenance, in your resume.
2. Showcase Your Work Experience: Employers want to know how much experience you have as a tire and lube technician. Include any previous positions you have held that relate to the job you’re applying for. List out each position in detail, and provide examples of tasks you completed successfully in each role.
3. Emphasize Your Customer Service Skills: Working at Walmart requires providing excellent customer service at all times. Make sure to include any customer service experience you have on your resume, including any awards or recognition you may have earned while working with customers.
4. Use Action Verbs: When writing about your past experiences and accomplishments, replace passive language with active verbs that show off your accomplishments more effectively. For example, instead of “assisted customers” use “helped customers find the right tires and lubes for their vehicles” or “provided expert advice on automotive maintenance” instead of “gave advice on automotive maintenance”.
5. Show Off Your Teamwork Abilities: Working at Walmart requires good teamwork skills since multiple technicians often work together on projects and during shifts. Make sure to include any examples of successful teamwork from past positions on your resume so employers can see that you are able to work well with others in an efficient manner.
Related: Tire Technician Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Walmart Tire and Lube Technician Resumes
Incorporating keywords from the job description into your application can be key to being considered for a Tire and Lube Technician opportunity at Walmart. Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) are often used by employers to quickly sort through large numbers of applications, so including job-specific keywords can help ensure that your application stands out from the rest. By incorporating words that are specifically related to the Tire and Lube Technician position, you will demonstrate to Walmart that you understand the job requirements and have the necessary skills for success.
The following is a list of essential skills and terms you may encounter when applying for Tire and Lube Technician positions at Walmart:
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance
- Tire repair and installation experience
- Ability to use specialized tools
- Understanding of OSHA regulations
- Familiarity with oil changes, brake systems, and other automotive services
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Tire Installation||Tire Repair|
|Tire Rotation||Wheel Alignment|
|Brake System Maintenance||Oil Change|
|Filter Replacement||Fluid Level Checks|
|Electrical System Diagnostics||Suspension and Steering Adjustment|
|Exhaust System Repair||Battery Maintenance|
|Cooling System Service||Vehicle Inspections|
|Diagnosing Mechanical Issues||Preventative Maintenance|
|Computerized Diagnostics||HVAC System Repair and Maintenance|
|Engine Performance Testing and Analysis||Transmission Service and Repair|
|Clutch Replacement||Tire Balancing|
Common Action Verbs for Walmart Tire and Lube Technician Resumes
When crafting a Walmart Tire and Lube Technician resume, it can be difficult to find different action verbs to use. It is important to use varied verbs in order to create an effective resume that stands out from the competition. Using the same words over and over again can make your resume seem mundane and dull. By using different action verbs, you can create a more dynamic and engaging document that will help you stand out from the crowd. Examples of action verbs that could be used in this context include: inspected, maintained, repaired, tested, diagnosed, installed, evaluated, modified, calibrated, lubricated and adjusted.
To give you a competitive edge, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs to help strengthen your resume and land your next interview. Use these words to highlight your skills and accomplishments:
Related: What does a Tire Technician do?