LinkedIn Content Strategist Resume Examples
Published 10 min read
This article provides valuable insights on crafting an effective resume for a Content Strategist role on LinkedIn. It delves into the importance of highlighting relevant skills, experiences and accomplishments that align with the job description. The article also offers advice on how to effectively communicate your proficiency in content creation, digital marketing strategies, SEO expertise, and data analysis. It emphasizes the need to demonstrate your ability to generate innovative ideas, develop engaging content and drive user engagement. Furthermore, it discusses how to showcase your understanding of consumer behavior and market trends, as well as your capacity to collaborate with cross-functional teams. This guide aims at assisting you in creating a LinkedIn resume that stands out and captures potential employers' attention.
LinkedIn Content Strategist Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
LinkedIn Content Strategist Resume Example
Mckelle Cantamessa, Content Strategist
Oklahoma City, OK
Detail-oriented Content Strategist with 1 year of experience in developing and implementing comprehensive content strategies. Proven ability to effectively engage target audience through creative content development, SEO tactics, and social media platforms. Strong analytical skills with a track record of improving web traffic and boosting brand visibility. Adept at conducting market research to identify trends and adapt strategies accordingly. Proficient in using content management systems and other digital tools for content creation and distribution.
Content Strategist at Clearwater Enterprises, OK
Jul 2023 - Present
- Developed and implemented a new content strategy that increased website traffic by 45% within six months, improving the company's online visibility and customer engagement at Clearwater Enterprises.
- Led a cross-functional team in creating a comprehensive content calendar which resulted in a 30% increase in productivity and a 20% reduction in content production time.
- Conducted a thorough content audit that identified gaps and redundancies, leading to a 15% reduction in unnecessary content and a 25% increase in user engagement on the company's main site.
Associate Content Strategist at Jasco Products Company, OK
Sep 2022 - Jun 2023
- Managed and executed content strategy for over 10 major product launches, resulting in an average 20% increase in sales for each product.
- Led a team of content creators in producing engaging copy, resulting in a 30% increase in social media engagement and a 25% increase in website traffic.
- Implemented a new SEO strategy that improved Jasco's search engine ranking by 50%, leading to a significant increase in organic traffic.
- Successfully coordinated with cross-functional teams on a company-wide rebranding project, which resulted in a 15% increase in brand recognition and a 10% increase in customer loyalty.
Bachelor of Arts in Communication or Journalism at University of Oklahoma, OK
Aug 2017 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Media Studies, Public Speaking, Mass Communication, Digital Journalism, Broadcast Journalism, Media Law and Ethics, News Writing, Multimedia Storytelling, Communication Research Methods, and Communication Theory.
- SEO Optimization
- Google Analytics
- WordPress Management
- Social Media Marketing
- MailChimp Proficiency
- Adobe Creative Suite
- HubSpot Certification
- HubSpot Content Marketing Certification
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification
Tips for Writing a Better LinkedIn Content Strategist Resume
1. Highlight Relevant Skills: Make sure to feature all the necessary skills a content strategist should have. These include SEO knowledge, analytics, marketing skills, and excellent written and verbal communication.
2. Showcase Your Experience: The experience section of your resume should detail your relevant work history. Include roles where you've developed and implemented content strategies, managed a team, or worked directly with digital content.
3. Quantify Your Achievements: Instead of vaguely stating that you increased web traffic or social media engagement, quantify these accomplishments with specific percentages or numbers to illustrate the impact of your work.
4. List Relevant Tools & Platforms: Be sure to mention any software or tools that you’re proficient in using such as Google Analytics, WordPress, Hootsuite etc. This shows potential employers that you are up-to-date with current industry standards.
5. Include Education & Certifications: While a degree in marketing, communications or related field is often preferred by employers, certifications in digital marketing, content strategy or related fields can also provide an edge.
6. Use Industry Keywords: Make sure to use keywords that hiring managers might be looking for like 'content strategy', 'content development', 'SEO', 'digital marketing' etc., which can also help get past automated applicant tracking systems.
7. Use Action Verbs: Start each bullet point under your job experiences with action verbs such as "developed", "implemented", "managed" to show your active role in achieving results.
8. Keep it Concise: Don’t overload your resume with unnecessary information; keep it concise and focused on showcasing how your skills and experiences make you the perfect fit for the role.
9. Proofread Thoroughly: Grammar errors and typos can undermine even the most well-qualified candidate's chances of getting hired so ensure there are no mistakes on your resume before submitting it.
10. Tailor Your Resume for Each Job Application: Although time-consuming, customizing your resume for each job application will increase chances of getting noticed as it shows you took time to understand what the company is specifically looking for in a candidate.
Related: Content Strategist Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on LinkedIn Content Strategist Resumes
Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) are used by companies like LinkedIn to streamline the hiring process. These systems scan resumes for specific keywords related to the job description, and only the most relevant applications get passed on for human review. So, when applying for a Content Strategist role at LinkedIn, it is crucial to incorporate keywords from the job description into your resume. These could include terms like "content creation", "SEO strategy", "brand messaging", or any other responsibilities listed in the job ad. By doing this, you improve your chances of making it past the ATS and getting your application seen by the hiring manager.
When applying for content strategist positions at LinkedIn, you may encounter common skills and key terms such as:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Content Creation||SEO Knowledge|
|Social Media Management||Brand Development|
|Audience Analysis||Keyword Research|
|Content Marketing Strategies||Editorial Planning|
|Copywriting||Analytics and Reporting|
|Project Management||Creative Thinking|
|UX/UI Understanding||Digital Marketing Experience|
|Graphic Design Basics||Communication Skills|
|Multitasking Ability||CMS (Content Management System) Proficiency|
|HTML/CSS Basics||Problem Solving Skills|
|Time Management Skills||Knowledge of Latest Industry Trends|
Common Action Verbs for LinkedIn Content Strategist Resumes
Crafting a LinkedIn Content Strategist Resume can be challenging, especially when it comes to incorporating unique action verbs. The use of repetitive and common verbs can make your resume monotonous and fail to grab the attention of potential employers. Therefore, it is crucial to diversify your verb usage to effectively highlight your skills, experiences, and accomplishments. Different action verbs not only add dynamism to your resume but they also paint a vivid picture of your capabilities, making you stand out among other candidates. However, finding a variety of action verbs that accurately represent your professional profile can be difficult but absolutely necessary for an impactful LinkedIn Content Strategist Resume.
To provide you with a competitive advantage, we've put together a list of potent action verbs that you can leverage to fortify your resume and secure your next interview:
Related: What does a Content Strategist do?