Google Content Strategist Resume Examples
This article provides examples of successful resumes for Google Content Strategists, highlighting key skills and experiences that employers are seeking.
Published 8 min read
This article will provide guidance on how to write a resume for Google as a Content Strategist. It will discuss the necessary skills, experiences and qualifications needed to stand out from the competition and increase your chances of landing an interview with Google. Additionally, it will cover what should be included in the resume, such as examples of successful content strategies you've implemented, any relevant awards or certifications you possess, and how you can showcase your ability to collaborate effectively with other departments.
Google Content Strategist Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Google Content Strategist Resume Example
Alnita Rohrssen, Content Strategist
I am a content strategist with more than two years of experience creating compelling stories, developing content marketing campaigns, and driving user engagement. I have a proven track record of using data-driven methods to create content that resonates with target audiences. My main strengths include content creation, copywriting, SEO, and developing content strategies. I have a passion for creating stories that captivate, engage, and inspire people. My experience in digital marketing and analytics has enabled me to successfully drive user engagement and create content that resonates with target audiences.
Senior Content Strategist at The Content Strategy Group, FL
Sep 2022 - Present
- Developed and implemented an effective content strategy for a major Florida-based hotel chain that resulted in 10% increase in web traffic over the course of six months.
- Led the development of successful SEO campaigns, resulting in 3x growth year-over-year organic search engine rankings across all digital channels.
- Created engaging social media campaigns targeting Millennials with localized messaging which generated 200+ new followers per month on Instagram and Twitter combined.
- Developed comprehensive website design plans to improve user experience by 30%, increasing overall customer satisfaction levels as measured through surveys conducted after launch date.
Content Strategist at Content Marketing Services, Inc., FL
Jul 2021 - Jul 2022
- Developed and implemented content strategy for 10 new clients, resulting in a 20% increase of monthly website traffic within 3 months.
- Collaborated with design team to create an engaging content marketing campaign that increased organic search rankings by 30%.
- Created 8 SEO optimized blog posts per month which resulted in a 15% rise in email newsletter subscriptions.
- Developed keyword research strategies leading to improved visibility on Google searches, increasing web clicks from potential customers by 25%.
Bachelor of Arts in Communications and Content Strategy at Florida State University, FL
Aug 2016 - May 2021
Relevant Coursework: Writing for Strategic Communications, Content Strategy, Digital and Social Media, Media Planning and Analytics.
- Content Creation
- Audience Analysis
- SEO Optimization
- Social Media Management
- Research & Analytics
- Certified Content Strategist (CCS)
- Certified Digital Marketing Professional (CDMP)
Tips for Writing a Better Google Content Strategist Resume
1. Highlight your experience: As a content strategist, you need to have a solid understanding of the digital landscape and how content fits into it. Make sure to include any relevant experience you have in content creation, SEO, analytics, or other related fields.
2. Showcase your expertise: Demonstrate that you understand the principles of effective content development, such as keyword research and optimization, creating compelling copy and visuals, and leveraging different platforms.
3. Include measurable results: When possible, provide examples of successful campaigns or initiatives that you’ve led or been involved in that demonstrate your ability to drive results for clients.
4. Demonstrate your understanding of Google products: If you’re applying for a position at Google specifically, make sure to highlight any knowledge you may have about their products and services like Adwords or Analytics. This will help show that you understand how they work and can use them effectively for clients.
5. Tailor your resume: It’s important to tailor your resume for each job opportunity so that it speaks directly to the requirements of the role and shows why you are a great fit for it.
Related: Content Strategist Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Google Content Strategist Resumes
Incorporating keywords from the job description when applying for a Content Strategist opportunity at Google is an important step in the application process. This is because Google utilizes Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to filter out resumes and applications that do not contain relevant keywords. By including relevant keywords in your resume and cover letter, you can ensure that your application will be seen by hiring managers and increase the chances of being contacted for an interview.
When applying for a Content Strategist position at Google, you should familiarize yourself with the common skills and key terms listed below.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Social Media||Digital Marketing|
|Strategic Planning||Editorial Planning|
|Project Management||Audience Engagement|
|Communication Skills||Problem Solving|
|Technical Writing||Multimedia Production|
Common Action Verbs for Google Content Strategist Resumes
Finding the right action verbs to use on a resume can be difficult, especially when you want to create an effective Google Content Strategist Resume. It is important to use varied and specific verbs that accurately describe your skills and experience in order to make a strong impression. Using the same verbs throughout your resume can be repetitive and boring, so it is important to think of different words that accurately describe your achievements and experiences. Additionally, using more sophisticated wording will help you stand out from other applicants.
To give you an edge in the job market, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs to strengthen your resume and increase your chances of landing your next interview:
Related: What does a Content Strategist do?