LinkedIn Community Manager Resume Examples
Published 9 min read
This article provides insightful tips and techniques on how to craft a compelling LinkedIn resume for the role of a Community Manager. It delves into what specific skills, experiences, and qualifications are most appealing to potential employers in this field. The article also offers advice on how to highlight your abilities in creating engaging content, managing online communities, implementing social media strategies, and handling customer relations effectively. Furthermore, it emphasizes the importance of using relevant keywords and powerful action verbs that can help your profile stand out and catch the attention of recruiters. With practical examples and expert suggestions, this guide will assist you in presenting yourself as the ideal candidate for a Community Manager position on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Community Manager Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
LinkedIn Community Manager Resume Example
Dominick Kohart, Community Manager
Dedicated Community Manager with a year of experience in managing, creating, and launching online communities. Possesses a proven track record in driving engagement, fostering relationships, and improving communication to enhance brand visibility. Highly skilled in digital marketing strategies, content creation, and data analytics. Leverages excellent interpersonal skills to foster a positive community environment. Demonstrates commitment to meeting company goals and contributing to team success.
Community Manager at BoomTown ROI, SC
Apr 2023 - Present
- Successfully increased community engagement by 45% over the course of a year through the implementation of new interactive features and regular, targeted communication.
- Managed and grew BoomTown's online community from 2,000 to over 5,000 active members within 18 months, resulting in a significant increase in customer loyalty and brand awareness.
- Developed and implemented a new community strategy that led to a 30% increase in customer satisfaction scores in just six months.
- Reduced customer churn by 20% within the first year by creating highly effective community support programs and initiatives.
Assistant Community Manager at Blackbaud, SC
Sep 2022 - Mar 2023
- Managed a community of over 10,000 users, effectively resolving conflicts and facilitating communication to ensure smooth operations.
- Successfully implemented a new online platform for community members which resulted in a 20% increase in user engagement.
- Coordinated and executed over 15 community events within a year, leading to a 30% increase in community participation and a 25% increase in overall community satisfaction.
- Increased community growth by 35% in one year through effective marketing strategies and fostering a positive and engaging environment.
Bachelor of Arts in Communication at University of South Carolina, SC
Sep 2017 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Interpersonal Communication, Public Speaking, Media and Culture, Communication Theory, Persuasion and Influence, Digital Media Production, Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising, Communication Law and Ethics, Intercultural Communication, and Media Writing.
- Google Analytics
- Sprout Social
- Certified Community Manager (CCM)
- Social Media Marketing Certification
Tips for Writing a Better LinkedIn Community Manager Resume
1. Highlight Relevant Skills: Make sure to highlight all the relevant skills required for a community manager such as communication, project management, social media management, customer service and conflict resolution. Use bullet points to make these skills easily readable.
2. Use Keywords: LinkedIn uses algorithms to match potential employers with employees. Using keywords related to the job you are applying for will increase your visibility. These keywords can be found in the job description.
3. Include Quantifiable Achievements: Instead of just listing your responsibilities, include specific achievements that can be quantified. For example, "Increased community engagement by 50% in six months".
4. Tailor Your Resume: Customize your resume for each job application. Highlight the experience and skills that are most relevant to the job you're applying for.
5. Professional Summary: Include a compelling professional summary at the top of your resume that explains who you are as a professional and what you bring to the table.
6. Relevant Experience: List out all your prior roles that relate directly or indirectly to community management. Be specific about your role and responsibilities.
7. Mention Certifications: If you have any certifications related to social media management or community management, include them on your resume.
8. Showcase Your Tools Knowledge: As a community manager, you'll likely need knowledge of various tools such as Hootsuite, Buffer or Sprout Social etc., so make sure you mention these tools if you have experience using them.
9. References & Recommendations: If possible include references from previous employers or recommendations right on LinkedIn.
10. Proofread: Lastly, ensure there are no grammatical errors or typos in your resume as they may create a negative impression about your attention to detail.
Remember, while creating an effective LinkedIn profile is important in today's digital age; it should not replace a well-crafted traditional resume sent directly to potential employers during an application process.
Related: Community Manager Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on LinkedIn Community Manager Resumes
When applying for a Community Manager position at LinkedIn, incorporating keywords from the job description into your resume and cover letter is crucial. This is because LinkedIn, like many other companies, uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to screen initial applications. These systems are designed to filter out resumes that don't match certain criteria set by the employer, which often includes scanning for specific keywords related to the job role. Thus, if your resume doesn't include these relevant keywords - such as 'community management', 'social media strategy', or 'content creation' - it could be automatically rejected before it even reaches a human recruiter. Therefore, carefully reading the job description and tailoring your application accordingly can significantly increase your chances of getting past this initial screening stage.
When applying for community manager positions at LinkedIn, you may encounter a list of common skills and key terms.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Communication Skills||Social Media Management|
|Content Creation||Customer Service|
|Public Relations||Event Planning|
|Marketing Strategy||Leadership Skills|
|Project Management||Crisis Management|
|SEO Knowledge||Analytics Understanding|
|Budgeting Skills||Problem-Solving Abilities|
|Brand Development and Management||Networking Skills|
|Time Management||Empathy and Patience|
|Knowledge of Digital Marketing Trends||Ability to Work in a Team Environment|
|Conflict Resolution Skills||Strong Writing and Editing Abilities|
Common Action Verbs for LinkedIn Community Manager Resumes
Crafting a compelling LinkedIn Community Manager Resume can be challenging, particularly when it comes to diversifying the action verbs used to describe your skills and experiences. Relying on the same handful of verbs can lead to a repetitive and less impactful resume. The use of varied action verbs is crucial in demonstrating a wide range of abilities and showcasing your versatility as a potential candidate. These verbs should accurately depict your responsibilities, achievements, and contributions in each role you've held. By using diverse, powerful action verbs, you not only avoid redundancy but also strengthen your resume by making it more dynamic and engaging for hiring managers to read.
To provide you with a competitive advantage, we have assembled a list of impactful action verbs to enhance your resume and secure your next interview:
Related: What does a Community Manager do?