CVS Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator Resume Examples
This article provides examples of resumes for CVS Pharmacy Benefits Coordinators, highlighting the skills and experience necessary to be successful in this role.
Updated 9 min read
This article will cover how to write a resume for CVS as Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator. It will explain what qualities and experiences employers are looking for when they evaluate candidates, how to tailor your resume specifically to this job, and the best ways to present your qualifications and professional background. It will also discuss additional tips on how to stand out from other applicants in order to increase your chances of being hired.
CVS Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
CVS Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator Resume Example
Mozella Ascherl, Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator
I am a Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator with over 2 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. I have a comprehensive understanding of the complexities of pharmacy benefits and possess the ability to effectively manage both internal and external stakeholders. My expertise includes claims processing, cost containment strategies, and formulary management. I have a knack for problem-solving and have successfully implemented cost-saving initiatives for clients. I am highly organized and work well both independently and as part of a team. I am passionate about providing quality customer service and ensuring clients receive the best possible solutions.
Senior Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator at Express Scripts, DE
Feb 2023 - Present
- Improved patient access to medications by developing a new process for pricing and reimbursement of specialty drugs, resulting in a 10% reduction in processing time for Express Scripts, DE.
- Led a team of 7 pharmacy technicians to successfully launch a new system of medication management, resulting in a 20% increase in efficiency.
- Developed and implemented an innovative medication reconciliation program, resulting in a 15% decrease in medication errors and a 25% increase in patient satisfaction.
Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator at CVS Caremark, DE
Sep 2021 - Dec 2022
- Developed and implemented a new system for tracking pharmacy benefit utilization which resulted in a 10% reduction in costs.
- Increased the efficiency of the pharmacy benefit operations by streamlining the process for handling prescription claims and inquiries, resulting in a 15% increase in productivity.
- Created and maintained accurate records for all pharmacy benefit transactions, ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations, resulting in zero audit discrepancies.
Associate Degree in Pharmacy Technology at Delaware Technical Community College, DE
Aug 2017 - May 2021
Relevant Coursework: Math for Health Sciences, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Calculations, Pharmaceutical Compounding, Pharmacology Lab, Pharmaceutical Law & Ethics.
- Data Entry
- Benefits Administration
- Customer Service
- Pharmacy Regulations
- Claims Processing
- Problem Solving
- Certified Pharmacy Benefits Specialist (CPBS)
- Professional Compounding Certification Board (PCCB)
Tips for Writing a Better CVS Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator Resume
1. Start with a Strong Summary: The summary statement is the first thing a hiring manager will read on your resume, so make sure it’s engaging and attention-grabbing. Use this section to showcase your career highlights, such as how long you’ve worked in the field and any special certifications or qualifications you have.
2. Highlight Your Skills: Any skills that are relevant for a CVS Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator should be highlighted in both the summary statement and the skills section of your resume. Make sure to include both hard and soft skills like problem-solving abilities, customer service, communication skills, and experience working with insurance companies.
3. Include Keywords: Be sure to use keywords throughout your resume that are relevant to the position you are applying for. This will help ensure that it is picked up by applicant tracking systems (ATS) and gets seen by recruiters.
4. Showcase Your Experience: List any past positions that are related to CVS Pharmacy Benefits Coordinators, including job titles, dates of employment, key responsibilities, and accomplishments achieved while in each role. This will demonstrate to employers that you have the necessary experience for the job.
5. Proofread Carefully: Once you’ve finished your resume, make sure to proofread it carefully for any typos or errors before submitting it. These small mistakes can be enough to disqualify you from consideration for the job, so take extra care when reviewing your work before sending it off!
Related: Benefits Coordinator Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on CVS Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator Resumes
When applying for a Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator opportunity at CVS, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your resume and cover letter. This is because CVS uses an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) when reviewing applicants for positions. The ATS scans resumes and cover letters for certain keywords that match the job description, so it is essential to include these words in order to increase your chances of being selected for an interview. Additionally, make sure you use industry-specific terms that are applicable to the Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator role. By incorporating key words and phrases from the job description into your resume and cover letter, you can ensure that your application stands out from the crowd and increases your chances of getting noticed by CVS.
When applying for a Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator position at CVS, applicants should be familiar with the following common skills and key terms.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Pharmacy Benefits||Claims Processing|
|Insurance Verification||Data Analysis|
|Regulatory Compliance||Financial Management|
|Project Management||Computer Proficiency|
|Problem Solving||Communication Skills|
|Customer Service||Detail Oriented|
|Time Management||Negotiation Skills|
|Process Improvement||Drug Formulary Knowledge|
|Reimbursement Policies & Procedures||HIPAA Compliance|
|Medicare & Medicaid Regulations||Third-Party Billing & Coding|
|Medical Terminology||Documentation & Reporting|
Related: Benefits Coordinator Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for CVS Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator Resumes
Finding the right action verbs to use on your resume can be a difficult task. It is important to use varied, powerful verbs when creating your CVS Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator Resume in order to make an impactful impression. Action verbs can help to make a resume stand out by showcasing the skills and experience that you bring to the table. Examples of action verbs that could be used in this context include: administered, coordinated, managed, implemented, monitored, organized, and supervised. By using these powerful words in your resume, you will be able to highlight the skills and qualifications that make you the ideal candidate for this role.
To give you an advantage in your job search, we've created a list of strong action verbs to strengthen your resume and help you land your next interview:
Related: What does a Benefits Coordinator do?