Writing a great media planner resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own media planner resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the media planner job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (995) 244-2745 | Oklahoma City, OK
I am a Media Planner with over three years of experience in the field. I have worked with clients to develop and execute media plans that are aligned with their business goals. I have a deep understanding of the media landscape, and utilize my strong analytical skills to negotiate rates, understand audience targeting, and determine placement strategy. My ultimate goal is always to achieve the best results for my clients.
Media Planner at The Oklahoma Gazette, OKJun 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and secured ad placements on three major news websites, resulting in a reach of over 1 million people.
- Successfully pitched media plan to client that resulted in an increase in budget by 25%.
- Worked with team to develop targeted social media campaigns for clients that led to a 20% increase in engagement.
- Created custom reports for clients detailing the results of their campaigns and providing insights for future planning.
- Managed a portfolio of 15 accounts, ensuring all deadlines were met and deliverables exceeded expectations.
Assistant Media Planner at The Journal Record, OKAug 2019 - Apr 2022
- Negotiated and secured ad placements in high-profile publications for client, resulting in increased brand awareness and sales.
- Developed targeted media plans for clients that achieved desired results within budget.
- Wrote creative briefs that resulted in award-winning campaigns.
- Researched new advertising opportunities to keep clients ahead of the competition.
- Tracked campaign performance and provided detailed reports to clients on a regular basis.
- Managed small team of junior planners, ensuring all projects were completed on time and within budget.
Bachelor of Science in Advertising at Oklahoma State UniversitySep 2014 - May 2019
I have learned how to be creative in order to come up with ideas for ad campaigns, how to think critically in order to assess those ideas, and how to use various software programs in order to create the ads themselves.
- Media Planning
- Public Relations
- Event Planning
email@example.com | (216) 739-0903 | Sioux Falls, SD
In the past 3 years, I have developed strong media planning skills and gained in-depth knowledge of various aspects of the advertising industry. I am an excellent communicator with superb organizational abilities. My creative thinking combined with my analytical approach allows me to develop innovative solutions to complex problems. I have a proven track record in developing successful media plans that achieve objectives and exceed expectations. I have extensive experience working with multiple stakeholders to ensure all goals are met. I am confident in my ability to manage large budgets and deliver results within tight deadlines.
Media Planner at Media One, SDMay 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and secured ad placements on behalf of clients that resulted in an estimated $2 million in annual savings.
- Devised and executed media plans for 15+ client accounts across a variety of industries, resulting in increased brand awareness and sales growth for each client.
- Led the creation of comprehensive social media strategies for 3 major clients that achieved over 100% ROI within 6 months.
- Successfully pitched 4 new business proposals to potential clients, leading to the acquisition of 2 new accounts worth a total of $1 million annually.
- Wrote monthly newsletters featuring industry news and analysis which were distributed to 500+ subscribers.
Assistant Media Planner at The Media Group, SDSep 2019 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated a $50,000 media spend with ABC for the launch of Client XYZ’s new product line.
- Developed and executed an integrated marketing communications plan that generated a 15% increase in sales year-over-year.
- Led social media strategy resulting in a 5x ROI on paid spend.
- Crafted winning proposals that secured $1MM+ in annual ad spend from top tier clients.
- Managed team of 4 direct reports, overseeing day-to-day operations and workflow.
Bachelor of Science in Advertising at South Dakota State UniversityAug 2014 - May 2019
I have learned how to create ad campaigns, design ads, and place ads in various media outlets.
- Media Planning
- Campaign Management
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Media Buying
- Negotiation Skills
- Presentation Skills