Writing a great controls engineer resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own controls engineer resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the controls engineer job you're after.
email@example.com | (620) 837-5426 | San Diego, CA
I am a controls engineer with over 4 years of experience in the oil and gas industry. I have experience designing, commissioning, and troubleshooting control systems for various process units. I am familiar with a variety of DCS and PLC platforms, as well as HMI/SCADA software packages. In addition to my technical skills, I also have strong interpersonal and communication skills which allow me to effectively interface with other engineers, technicians, operators, and management personnel.
Controls Engineer at Honeywell, CAJun 2022 - Present
- Implemented a new control system for the production line that increased efficiency by 15%.
- Reduced downtime on the production line by 20% through improved controls and monitoring.
- Developed a predictive maintenance program that reduced unscheduled downtime by 30%.
- Implemented process improvements that resulted in a 10% reduction in product defects.
Associate Controls Engineer at , CAJul 2018 - Apr 2022
- Led the development of a new control panel that is now used in all production vehicles.
- Wrote software code for 30+ vehicle models that was implemented across 5 factories worldwide.
- Developed an algorithm that increased assembly line efficiency by 15%.
- Trained 10 junior engineers on best practices for controls engineering.
- Presented at 2 international conferences on advances in automotive controls engineering.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering at University of California, BerkeleyAug 2014 - May 2018
I've learned how to design, analyze, and troubleshoot electrical and electronic circuits and systems.
- OPC UA
firstname.lastname@example.org | (158) 885-3924 | Reno, NV
I am a Controls Engineer with over 4 years of experience in the industry. I have gained valuable knowledge and expertise in this field, and I am able to apply my skills to various projects. I have a strong understanding of controls systems, and I am able to design and implement effective solutions that meet the needs of my clients. In addition, I have excellent problem-solving skills that allow me to troubleshoot issues quickly and efficiently.
Controls Engineer at Siemens, NVMay 2022 - Present
- Successfully designed and implemented a control system for a manufacturing process that increased throughput by 15%.
- Successfully led the team in designing and implementing a new safety system that reduced accidents by 25%.
- Successfully optimized an existing control system, resulting in 10% increase in efficiency.
- Successfully designed and executed several experiments to validate various aspects of the control systems, which resulted in improved performance.
Associate Controls Engineer at ABB, NVSep 2018 - Mar 2022
- Successfully installed and tested a new control system for the manufacturing process, which increased production by 10%.
- Successfully designed and implemented a PLC program that improved machine efficiency by 15%.
- Successfully debugged and resolved over 100 issues with the existing control systems.
- Developed training materials and trained other engineers on how to use the new control system.
- Assisted in developing company-wide best practices for controls engineering.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering at University of Nevada, RenoSep 2014 - May 2018
Some skills I've learned are circuit analysis, probability and statistics, linear algebra, and calculus.
- PLC Programming
- HMI Development
- Motion Control
- Electrical Design
- Instrumentation and Calibration
- Data Acquisition and Analysis