Engineering Project Manager Resume Examples
Writing a great engineering project manager resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own engineering project manager resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the engineering project manager job you're after.
email@example.com | (832) 676-8226 | 888 S. Main Street
As a Project Manager with 8+ years of experience, I have successfully managed and completed multiple engineering projects throughout my career. My expertise lies in the areas of project planning, budget monitoring, cost control, resource allocation and client management. I have a proven track record of completing projects on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards. I also possess strong technical and analytical skills and am highly proficient in MS Office Suite and Project Management Software. My ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, vendors, and project team members ensures the successful completion of projects.
Engineering Project Manager at Tectonic Engineering & Surveying Consultants, P.C., IAJun 2022 - Present
- Led the development of a new product that generated $12 million in revenue in its first year.
- Successfully managed the redesign of an existing product, resulting in a 10% increase in sales.
- Implemented a new project management system that reduced project costs by 15%.
- Negotiated with vendors to secure materials at 20% below market price.
- Developed and implemented training program for engineering staff on new software.
Senior Engineering Project Manager at Walker Engineering, P.C., IAAug 2019 - May 2022
- Led a team of engineers in the development of a new product that increased sales by 20%.
- Successfully managed the budget for a $10 million project.
- Completed a difficult engineering project ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Reduced company costs by developing more efficient processes.
- Won an award for excellence in engineering management.
Lead Engineering Project Manager at Schreiber Corporation, IAJul 2015 - Jul 2019
- Led a team of engineers in the development of a new product, from concept to launch. The project was completed on time and within budget.
- Successfully managed the design and implementation of a major engineering project that resulted in increased efficiency and productivity for the company.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills by successfully guiding and motivating my team to meet all deadlines while ensuring high levels of quality workmanship.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects by developing clear plans and timelines, communicating effectively with all stakeholders, and ensuring successful execution through close attention to detail.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering at Iowa State University, Ames, IASep 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to use different software programs, how to communicate with people in the engineering field, and how to work on projects as a team.
- Technical Writing
- Project Management
- Engineering Design
- CAD/CAM Software
- Manufacturing Processes
- Quality Control
- Six Sigma
firstname.lastname@example.org | (838) 500-0028 | Charleston, WV
I am an experienced Engineering Project Manager with over 8 years of experience in the field. I have a proven track record of success managing engineering projects, from planning and executing to completion. My strong analytical and problem solving skills have enabled me to successfully manage complex engineering projects and secure positive outcomes. I have a great deal of experience in project planning and execution, budget management, and process optimization. I have a strong understanding of project management best practices and have developed successful strategies for coordinating multiple teams, tracking progress, and meeting deadlines. I excel at critical thinking, problem solving, and communication, and I am passionate about ensuring the successful completion of engineering projects.
Engineering Project Manager at Albright Crumrine & Associates, Inc., WVMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of engineers in the design and development of a new product, which resulted in increased sales by 25%.
- Successfully managed the construction of a $1.5 million dollar project within budget and ahead of schedule.
- Implemented innovative changes to the production line that decreased costs by 10% without compromising quality.
- Trained and mentored 5 junior engineers, 3 of whom were promoted to senior positions within 2 years.
Senior Engineering Project Manager at Gannett Fleming, Inc., WVSep 2019 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of engineers in the design and implementation of a new product, which resulted in increased sales by 20%.
- Reduced company expenses by 10% through process improvements.
- Successfully completed projects on time and within budget.
- Managed up to 15 direct reports and 50 indirect reports.
Lead Engineering Project Manager at The Rummel Corporation, WVJul 2015 - Aug 2019
- Led a team of engineers in developing a new product that was successfully released to the market and generated $2 million in sales within the first year.
- Managed the development of a complex engineering project with 20+ stakeholders, on time and under budget.
- Defined requirements, scoped work, and managed risks for an engineering project that resulted in reducing customer churn by 30%.
- Partnered with other departments to streamline processes and improve communication between teams, resulting in increased efficiency across the company by 15%.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering at West Virginia University, WVAug 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds, how to work independently and as part of a team, how to manage my time wisely, and how to think critically and solve problems.
- Technical writing
- Project management
- Risk management
- Quality assurance
- Configuration management
- Change control
Essential Components of an Engineering Project Manager Resume
For aspiring Engineering Project Managers, a well-crafted resume is crucial for showcasing the unique blend of technical expertise, leadership prowess, and project management acumen required for the role. Your resume must highlight these core competencies to attract potential employers. This guide delves into the essential elements of an Engineering Project Manager's resume, detailing their significance and content, and providing tips to enhance each section.
1. Contact Information
At the top of your resume, ensure your contact information is prominent, clear, and concise. Include your full name, job title (Engineering Project Manager), phone number, and a professional email address, ideally comprising your first and last name.
Consider adding your LinkedIn profile URL for a more comprehensive view of your professional background, including endorsements and detailed project descriptions. If applying to positions in various locations, mention your city and state/province, but omit your full home address for privacy reasons.
Refrain from including personal details unrelated to the job, such as marital status, age, or religion, to prevent potential unconscious bias.
Remember, the contact information section is your direct line to potential employers, so accuracy and completeness are paramount.
2. Professional Summary or Objective Statement
The Professional Summary or Objective Statement serves as a snapshot of your career highlights, skills, and professional goals. For an Engineering Project Manager, emphasize your experience in managing complex engineering projects, technical proficiencies, and leadership qualities.
For those new to the field or transitioning into project management, an Objective Statement can articulate your career aspirations and interest in the Engineering Project Manager role.
Customize this section for each job application, incorporating relevant keywords from the job description to enhance your resume's visibility in applicant tracking systems (ATS).
3. Skills and Competencies
The Skills and Competencies section is a showcase of your technical and soft skills pertinent to engineering project management. It should encompass:
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in engineering principles, project management software (e.g., Microsoft Project, Primavera), CAD software, and industry-specific regulations.
- Leadership Skills: Team management, decision-making under pressure, and project guidance from inception to completion.
- Communication Skills: Effective interaction with clients, team members, suppliers, and contractors.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Quick and clear thinking to address unforeseen challenges.
- Organizational Skills: Time management, planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Risk Management: Anticipating potential issues and developing mitigation strategies.
- Negotiation Skills: Securing resources at optimal costs without compromising quality.
- Quality Control: Ensuring project outcomes meet required standards and specifications.
- Adaptability: Adjusting to technological advancements and project shifts to maintain efficiency.
- Teamwork: Collaborating effectively with various departments and professionals.
Provide concrete examples of how you've applied these skills in previous roles to demonstrate your capabilities.
4. Work Experience in Engineering Project Management
Your Work Experience section should chronologically list your previous roles, starting with the most recent. Detail your job title, employer, location, employment dates, and a brief description of responsibilities and achievements.
Emphasize your experience in managing complex engineering projects, including project planning, budgeting, resource allocation, risk management, quality control, and team leadership. Mention specific methodologies or tools employed, such as Agile or Scrum, and any relevant software expertise (e.g., MS Project, AutoCAD).
Quantify your achievements with metrics where possible, and incorporate industry-specific keywords to enhance ATS compatibility.
5. Education and Certifications
The Education and Certifications section validates your foundational knowledge and specialized skills in engineering project management. List your degrees in reverse chronological order, including the institution and graduation year.
Certifications such as PMP, CAPM, PRINCE2, CCM, or a PE license can set you apart and demonstrate your commitment to professional development.
Include any additional relevant training, emphasizing your dedication to continuous learning and staying abreast of industry trends and best practices.
6. Achievements and Awards in Engineering Project Management
Highlight significant accomplishments and recognitions in the Achievements and Awards section. Use specific figures and percentages to illustrate your impact, and list any industry or company awards received.
Include certifications that underscore your expertise and commitment to the field, further bolstering your candidacy.
7. Relevant Technical Skills/Software Proficiency
Detail your proficiency with essential tools, technologies, and software in the Relevant Technical Skills/Software Proficiency section. Don't just list these skills; explain how you've leveraged them in past roles to drive project success.
Customize this section based on the job description, highlighting the technical skills and software proficiencies most valued by the employer for the specific role.
By meticulously crafting each section of your resume, you can effectively present yourself as a highly qualified Engineering Project Manager, ready to take on the challenges of the role and contribute to the success of potential employers.