Writing a great content strategist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own content strategist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the content strategist job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (326) 586-3521 | Wichita, KS
A content strategist with over 3 years of experience crafting and executing successful content marketing campaigns. I have a proven track record in increasing web traffic, engagement, and conversions through the use of targeted and engaging content. My skills lie in my ability to understand what users want and need, as well as my keen eye for detail when it comes to creating quality, compelling copy. I am also an expert at managing cross-functional teams and projects from start to finish. In short, I am a strategic thinker who can see the big picture while still paying attention to the important details that make or break a campaign.
Content Strategist at Google, KSJun 2022 - Present
- Wrote and published ____ pieces of content that received a total of _____ views.
- Led the development of a successful social media strategy that increased web traffic by _____%.
- Ideated, wrote, and edited high-performing email campaigns with open rates averaging _____%.
- Researched, planned, and executed an influencer marketing campaign resulting in ______ new leads.
- Managed a team of ___ writers to produce quality blog posts on deadline.
Content Strategist II at Microsoft, KSJul 2019 - Apr 2022
- Wrote and published 2 blog posts per week, on average.
- Ideated, wrote, and designed 1 Whitepaper or Ebook per quarter.
- Managed a team of 3 writers; edited and approved all content before publication.
- Led weekly strategy meetings with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment on goals.
- And objectives.
- Defined KPIs for each project/initiative and tracked progress against those metrics.
Bachelor of Arts in English at The University of Kansas, KSAug 2014 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are close reading, writing analytical essays, and research skills.
- Project management
- Social media
email@example.com | (936) 315-7492 | Missoula, MT
A content strategist with over three years of experience crafting compelling, on-brand copy and developing messaging for a variety of audiences. I have a proven track record in creating high-quality, engaging content that resonates with users and drives conversions. My skills include SEO keyword research, competitive analysis, and writing clear, concise copy that engages the reader. I am also an expert at managing projects from start to finish within strict timelines while maintaining quality standards.
Content Strategist at Google, MTApr 2022 - Present
- Wrote and published a total of 100 blog posts in 6 months, averaging 2 per week.
- Ideated, created, and executed social media campaigns that increased website traffic by 15%.
- Researched, wrote, and edited 5 eBooks on various topics that were downloaded 2000 times each.
- Led a team of 4 writers to produce high-quality content for 20 client projects.
- Trained 3 new employees on the company’s style guide and best practices for writing web copy.
- Successfully pitched 10 article ideas to external publications resulting in 7 placements.
Content Strategist II at Microsoft, MTAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Wrote and published an article that received 100,000 views in the first week.
- Created a social media campaign that generated 500,000 impressions.
- Developed a content strategy for a new product launch that resulted in 30% more sales than expected.
- Managed a team of 5 writers to produce high-quality blog content on schedule.
- Trained junior staff members on best practices for SEO and copywriting.
- Researched and wrote an eBook that was downloaded 10,000 times in the first month.
Bachelor of Arts in English at University of MontanaSep 2014 - May 2019
I have learned how to read and analyze texts, write persuasively, and conduct research.
- Project Management