Writing a great administrative assistant resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own administrative assistant resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the administrative assistant job you're after.
email@example.com | (544) 717-4239 | Omaha, NE
I am an administrative assistant with over 1 year of experience. I have excellent organizational skills and can handle a variety of tasks simultaneously. I am efficient in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as Google Docs and Sheets. I have excellent written and verbal communication skills. I am able to work independently or as part of a team, whichever is needed for the task at hand.
Administrative Assistant at Nelnet, NEMar 2022 - Present
- Negotiated with vendors to lower costs on office supplies by 20%, which saved the company $1,600 annually.
- Coordinated travel arrangements for upper management, which included booking airfare, hotels, and rental cars. This saved the company an average of 10% per trip.
- Implemented a new filing system for the sales department that reduced search time for critical documents from 30 minutes to 5 minutes.
- Trained 2 new administrative assistants on office procedures and policies.
- Created weekly reports detailing project progress and deadlines for senior managers.
Administrative Assistant II at Union Pacific Railroad, NEJul 2021 - Jan 2022
- Answered an average of 60 calls per day, providing information and transferring callers to appropriate departments.
- Completed data entry for 500 customer orders per week.
- Processed invoices for 200 vendors per month.
- Maintained office supply inventory, placing orders as needed.
- Coordinated travel arrangements for 10 employees.
High School Diploma at Lincoln High School, Lincoln, NESep 2017 - May 2021
I've learned how to communicate with others, how to work independently, and how to time manage.
- Microsoft Office
- Google Suite
- Typing Speed
- Data Entry Accuracy
- Organization Skills
- Time Management
firstname.lastname@example.org | (702) 943-5489 | Bismarck, ND
I am an administrative assistant with over 1 year of experience providing support to executive and senior-level staff. I have excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills. I am able to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and maintain a high level of accuracy in my work. In addition, I have experience managing projects and coordinating events.
Administrative Assistant at Microsoft, NDMay 2022 - Present
- Answered and directed an average of 100 calls per day.
- Completed data entry for 500 customer orders.
- Processed 50 invoices per week.
- Created and maintained filing system for important company documents.
- Arranged travel plans for 10 executives.
- Managed office supply inventory and placed orders as needed.
Administrative Assistant II at Google, NDAug 2021 - Mar 2022
- Arranged and coordinated all travel for company executives, which included booking airfare, hotel accommodations, car rentals, and restaurant reservations.
- Answered a high volume of phone calls each day and directed calls to the appropriate parties or took messages when necessary.
- Created PowerPoint presentations for various meetings and events.
- Wrote letters on behalf of the executive team members as requested.
- Managed schedules by planning and scheduling appointments, including regular check-ups with doctors, dentists, etc.
- Maintained inventory of office supplies and placed orders when necessary.
High School Diploma at Central High School, NDAug 2017 - May 2021
I've learned to be patient, to never give up, and to enjoy learning new things.
- Microsoft Office
- Google Docs
- Customer Service
- Data Entry