Order Filler Resume Examples
Writing a great order filler resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own order filler resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the order filler job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (178) 977-9409 | 876 South Wisconsin Avenue,
I am an experienced order filler who has worked in a fast-paced environment for over 1 year. I have excellent attention to detail and can fill orders quickly and accurately. I am also able to lift heavy boxes and maneuver around the warehouse with ease.
Lead Order Filler at Amazon.com, WIApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of order fillers in successfully completing daily tasks while meeting all deadlines.
- Trained new employees on proper techniques and procedures for order filling.
- Maintained high levels of accuracy and productivity while consistently meeting quotas.
- Organized and managed inventory to ensure that orders were filled correctly and efficiently.
- Implemented new policies and procedures that increased the overall efficiency of the department.
Senior Order Filler at Walmart, WISep 2021 - Mar 2022
- Maintained a 98% accuracy rate in filling orders.
- Filled an average of 300 orders per day.
- Completed all order filler tasks within the assigned timeframe 95% of the time.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills in managing and tracking inventory levels.
- Provided assistance to other departments when needed, such as stocking shelves or unloading trucks.
High School Diploma at Waukesha North High SchoolAug 2017 - May 2021
I have learned time management, organization, and study skills.
- Order Filling
- Order Picking
- Stock Replenishment
- Inventory Management
- Shipping and Receiving
- Data Entry
- 7. Customer Service
email@example.com | (924) 955-7677 | Anchorage, AK
I am an experienced order filler with over 1 year of experience in the industry. I have a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail, which has allowed me to excel in this role. I work well independently as well as part of a team, and am able to take direction well. I have also developed excellent time management skills that allow me to efficiently fill orders while meeting deadlines.
Lead Order Filler at Nordstrom, AKMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of order fillers in completing orders with 100% accuracy.
- Trained new hires on proper order filling techniques and company policies.
- Developed an efficient system for organizing and tracking inventory levels.
- Maintained a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- Monitored incoming shipments to ensure that they were correct and complete.
- Coordinated with other departments to resolve any issues that arose during the order fulfillment process.
Senior Order Filler at Walmart, AKJul 2021 - Mar 2022
- Exceeded daily order-filling quotas by an average of 15%.
- Picked and packed orders for shipment with 100% accuracy.
- Maintained a clean and organized work area at all times.
- Trained 2 new employees on proper order-filling techniques.
- Forklift certified – operated forklift to move pallets of merchandise around warehouse as needed.
High School Diploma at Service High School, Anchorage, AKSep 2017 - May 2021
I have learned how to read, write, and do math.
- Order Filling
- Order Picking
- Stock Replenishment
- Inventory Management
- Data Entry
- Warehouse Operations
Essential Components of an Order Filler Resume
An Order Filler's resume is a critical document that showcases your skills, work history, and suitability for the position. As an Order Filler, your role involves swiftly and accurately picking and packing orders in a warehouse setting, requiring keen attention to detail and knowledge of inventory systems. Your resume must reflect these abilities and demonstrate your experience in inventory management and order processing.
Below, we delve into the essential sections of a resume, their significance, and what to include in each. Additionally, we provide tips to enhance each section to make your resume stand out for an Order Filler position.
1. Contact Information
Contact Information is crucial on your resume. It should be clear and easily accessible for employers to reach out for interviews or discussions.
Include your full name, phone number, and professional email address. Use an email that incorporates your first and last names for a professional impression.
If you have a LinkedIn profile or professional social media, add those as well, ensuring they are current and professional.
- Adding your home address is optional. If you choose to include it, listing just the city and state is sufficient.
Remember: The purpose of providing contact information is to facilitate easy communication from employers, so verify this section for accuracy to avoid missing out on opportunities.
2. Objective Statement
The Objective Statement is a pivotal element of an Order Filler resume. It's typically the first section employers read and sets the tone for your entire resume. A concise statement should articulate your career goals and alignment with the position you're applying for.
For an Order Filler role, highlight your skills and experience in warehouse operations, including picking, packing, and shipping. Mention any relevant certifications that enhance your candidacy.
A strong Objective Statement is succinct yet impactful, conveying your desire for the Order Filler position and the value you can bring to the employer. Tailoring this statement to each job application can significantly improve your interview prospects.
Example: "Detail-oriented professional with over 5 years of experience in warehouse operations seeking an Order Filler role at XYZ Company. Proficient in accurate order picking, efficient packing, and expedited shipping, with a track record of reducing order discrepancies."
3. Skills and Competencies
Highlighting your "Skills and Competencies" is essential on an Order Filler resume. This section is where you showcase the specific abilities that qualify you for the job. Key skills for an order filler may include:
- Detail-Oriented: Accuracy in picking, packing, and shipping orders is essential.
- Physical Endurance and Strength: The job may require lifting heavy items and prolonged standing.
- Organizational Skills: Managing inventory and processing multiple orders simultaneously is crucial.
- Basic Numeracy: Useful for inventory counts and order quantities.
- Computer Literacy: Familiarity with inventory management software is beneficial.
- Communication Skills: Clear verbal communication is important for teamwork and addressing issues.
- Problem-Solving: Identifying and resolving issues with orders is a key skill.
- Time Management: Meeting shipping deadlines requires effective prioritization of tasks.
Provide examples of how you've applied these skills in past roles to strengthen your resume.
4. Work Experience
The "Work Experience" section is a cornerstone of your Order Filler resume. It allows potential employers to evaluate your qualifications and professional background. Ensure this section is comprehensive, detailing all relevant past positions.
- Job Title & Duration: List your job title, employer's name and location, and the dates of employment.
- Responsibilities: Describe your duties, such as selecting items, packing, and using warehouse management systems.
- Achievements: Highlight significant accomplishments, such as improving efficiency or reducing errors.
- Relevant Skills: Mention skills directly related to order filling, like attention to detail, handling pressure, and equipment proficiency.
- Use Action Verbs: Start bullet points with dynamic verbs to convey your proactive contributions.
- Customize Your Experience: Tailor your experience to match the job description provided by the potential employer.
Convey your potential value to the employer based on your past achievements as an Order Filler.
5. Education and Certifications
Your resume should also emphasize your Education and Certifications, which attest to your preparedness for the Order Filler role.
A high school diploma is typically required, but additional education in logistics or related fields can be advantageous. Relevant certifications from organizations like the ASCM or IWLA demonstrate your commitment to professional development.
Safety certifications, such as OSHA training or HazMat certification, are also valuable, indicating your awareness of workplace safety.
Include any related courses or workshops you've attended, such as those on inventory control or warehouse operations.
Note: While educational and certification credentials are beneficial, they are most effective when paired with practical experience and skills.
Related: Order Filler Certifications
6. Relevant Achievements
In the "Noteworthy Accomplishments" section, highlight significant achievements that directly relate to the Order Filler role. This section helps you stand out by demonstrating your capabilities and past successes.
Include instances where you improved efficiency, reduced errors, or optimized processes. Mention any awards or recognitions received for your performance, such as "Employee of the Month."
Also, if you've effectively trained new staff or led a team to high productivity, these are notable achievements.
Quantify your accomplishments with numbers and percentages for added impact, but ensure accuracy and honesty in your descriptions.
- Improved efficiency
- Reduced errors
- Optimized processes
- Awards or recognitions
- Effective training of new staff
- Leadership resulting in high productivity
By showcasing your achievements, you provide evidence of your potential to contribute positively to the company's operations.
References are an important aspect of your resume, offering potential employers a chance to verify your work history and professional demeanor.
List two or three individuals who can vouch for your skills and character, such as former supervisors, colleagues, or clients. Obtain their consent before including them and provide their full names, positions, companies, contact numbers, and email addresses.
- If references are not immediately requested, you may opt to state "References available upon request" in this section.
Inform your references about potential contact from employers, allowing them to prepare their recommendations.