What does a Sharepoint Consultant do?
Learn all about Sharepoint Consultant duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become a Sharepoint Consultant.
Published 3 min read
A Sharepoint Consultant is responsible for the implementation, configuration, and administration of Sharepoint solutions. They work with clients to understand their business needs and requirements, and then design and implement a Sharepoint solution that meets those needs. They are also responsible for troubleshooting any issues that may arise with the Sharepoint solution, and providing training and support to users.
Sharepoint Consultant job duties include:
- Act as the lead SharePoint subject matter expert (SME) on projects
- Engage with customers and project teams to understand business requirements and needs
- Design, develop, and implement SharePoint-based solutions
- Configure and customize SharePoint sites and site collections
- Create custom workflows using SharePoint Designer or Visual Studio
- Integrate SharePoint with other systems and applications
- Develop custom Web Parts, InfoPath forms, and event receivers
- Perform unit testing and quality assurance tasks
- Manage and maintain existing SharePoint implementations
- Provide training and support to end users
Sharepoint Consultant Job Requirements
Sharepoint Consultants are responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining Sharepoint solutions. They must have a strong understanding of Sharepoint architecture and be able to create customizations using Sharepoint Designer, InfoPath, and other tools. In addition, they must be able to troubleshoot issues and have excellent communication skills. Most Sharepoint Consultants have a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field and several years of experience working with Sharepoint. Many also have Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification.
Sharepoint Consultant Skills
- Site Collection Administration
- Web Application Administration
- Service Application Administration
- Backup and Restore
- Upgrade and Migration
- Installation and Configuration
- Security and Permissions
- Content Management
- Business Connectivity Services
- Enterprise Content Management
- Web Content Management
How to become a Sharepoint Consultant
A Sharepoint Consultant is a professional who helps organizations to use Sharepoint to its fullest potential. As a Sharepoint Consultant, you will work with clients to understand their business needs and goals, and then help them to plan, design, implement, and manage Sharepoint solutions that meet those needs. To become a Sharepoint Consultant, you will need to have strong technical skills and knowledge in Sharepoint, as well as experience in working with clients to understand their business needs and goals. In addition, it is important to be able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical staff, as well as have good project management skills.
Related: Sharepoint Consultant Resume Example