What does a Reservations Agent do?
Learn all about Reservations Agent duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become a Reservations Agent.
Published 3 min read
A reservations agent helps customers plan their travel by booking flights, hotels, and rental cars. They also provide information about destinations and attractions.
Reservations Agent job duties include:
- Answer incoming calls and respond to customer requests
- Provide customers with information about rates, availability, and amenities
- Upsell rooms and packages to customers
- Cross-sell other hotel services such as restaurants, spas, and event venues
- Process customer reservations from start to finish
- Modify existing reservations as needed
- Cancel and rebook reservations as necessary
- Handle customer complaints in a professional manner
- Keep updated on hotel promotions and packages
- Transfer calls to other departments as needed
Reservations Agent Job Requirements
A Reservations Agent is responsible for handling customer inquiries and booking hotel rooms. They must have excellent customer service skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. A high school diploma is typically required, and some employers may require post-secondary education or certification. Previous experience in customer service is an asset.
Reservations Agent Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer skills
- Data entry
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Customer service
How to become a Reservations Agent
A Reservation Agent is responsible for handling reservation requests and cancellations from customers. They are also responsible for providing information about the company’s services, rates, and policies to customers. To become a Reservation Agent, you will need to have excellent customer service skills and be able to handle customer inquiries in a professional and efficient manner. You will also need to be familiar with the company’s reservation system and be able to input customer information accurately.
Related: Reservations Agent Resume Example