What does a Locker Room Attendant do?
Learn all about Locker Room Attendant duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become a Locker Room Attendant.
Published 3 min read
A locker room attendant is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the locker room area. They may also be responsible for providing towels, soap, and other amenities to guests.
Locker Room Attendant job duties include:
- Greeting customers and providing them with assistance
- Answering questions about products and services
- Providing information about membership options
- Checking in customers and issuing locker keys
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization in the locker room area
- Restocking supplies as needed
- Reporting any damage or maintenance issues to supervisor
- Enforcing locker room rules and regulations
- Assisting with set up and break down of equipment
Locker Room Attendant Job Requirements
Most locker room attendants have a high school diploma or equivalent. Some may have postsecondary education, such as a certificate in recreation or fitness. Many employers provide on-the-job training for new locker room attendants. Some states require certification for certain positions, such as massage therapists, personal trainers, and athletic trainers. Locker room attendants typically need to be at least 18 years old and physically fit enough to lift heavy equipment and perform other strenuous tasks.
Locker Room Attendant Skills
- Time management
- Being able to work under pressure
- Being able to multi-task
- Being organized
- Good customer service skills
- Being able to handle money
- Basic math skills
- Cleaning skills
- Laundry skills
- Ironing skills
- Sewing skills
How to become a Locker Room Attendant
A locker room attendant is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and organization of a locker room. They may also be responsible for stocking supplies, such as towels and toiletries, and providing customer service to patrons. To become a locker room attendant, one should have previous experience working in a customer service or janitorial role. They should also be physically fit and able to lift heavy objects, as they may be required to move furniture or equipment.
Related: Locker Room Attendant Resume Example