Walmart Greeter Resume Examples
This article provides resume examples and tips for writing a successful Walmart Greeter resume.
Published 9 min read
This article will provide guidance on how to craft a winning resume for Walmart as a Greeter. It will cover the necessary skills and qualifications, tips on how to highlight relevant experience, and advice on what to include in the resume that makes it stand out from other applicants. With this information, job seekers should be able to create a resume that showcases their qualifications and gives them an edge over the competition.
Walmart Greeter Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Walmart Greeter Resume Example
Korey Andrson, Greeter
I am an experienced Greeter with over 1 year of experience providing outstanding customer service to guests in a variety of settings. I am friendly, outgoing, and I have a deep understanding of how to make a good first impression. I have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and I am adept at engaging with guests in a warm and welcoming manner. I have a proven ability to create a hospitable and inviting atmosphere, which is essential for any successful customer service role. I take great pride in my ability to provide a positive and memorable experience for guests, and I am confident in my ability to do the same for your business.
Lead Greeter at The Greeter Group, WA
Nov 2022 - Present
- Increased customer satisfaction ratings by 20% in 3 months: Implemented a new system for greeting customers that included providing each guest with personalized attention. This resulted in higher overall feedback from guests, increasing the average rating of 4 to 5 on The Greeter Group's survey.
- Developed and implemented an onboarding program for all incoming greeters: Created a comprehensive training plan which covered all aspects of welcoming visitors into our building including introductions, safety protocols, emergency procedures and more. As part of this process I developed checklists and weekly reports so we could track progress throughout the year-long period leading up to full certification as Lead Greeters at The Greeter Group.
- Streamlined communication between departments within organization: Established direct lines of contact between different teams such as Maintenance & Security or Housekeeping & Catering services; resulting in improved efficiency across departments while reducing errors due to miscommunication or lack thereof amongst personnel members.
Greeter at Welcome Greeters, WA
Sep 2022 - Sep 2022
- Achieved a 99% customer satisfaction rating: Utilized my friendly, outgoing personality to ensure that each person entering the store was welcomed in an inviting manner. My efforts led to positive feedback from customers and ultimately resulted in Welcome Greeters receiving a 99% overall satisfaction rate.
- Increased foot traffic by 15%: Developed creative strategies for bringing more people into the store such as offering discounts on certain items or hosting special events like “meet-and-greets” with local celebrities. These initiatives were successful at luring new shoppers which ultimately increased foot traffic by 15%.
- Reduced wait times during peak hours: Implemented measures designed to streamline operations and reduce long lines when business is busiest (for example rearranging checkout stations). As a result of these improvements, average wait time decreased significantly throughout peak hours making it easier for customers to complete their shopping trips quickly and efficiently without feeling rushed or frustrated.
High School Diploma at Garfield High School, Seattle, WA
Sep 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Math, English, Science, Social Studies, Computer Science, and Foreign Language.
- Interpersonal Communication
- Customer Service
- Conflict Resolution
- Time Management
- Certified Hospitality Greeter (CHG)
- Certified Professional Greeter (CPG)
Tips for Writing a Better Walmart Greeter Resume
1. Highlight Your Relevant Experience: If you have previous experience as a Walmart Greeter, make sure to highlight this on your resume. Include any customer service or sales experience that could be applicable to the role of a Walmart Greeter.
2. Showcase Your Communication Skills: Working as a Walmart Greeter requires excellent communication skills. Make sure to showcase these skills in your resume by providing examples of how you effectively communicated with customers and colleagues in past roles.
3. Use Keywords: Make sure to include keywords related to the job in your resume so that it will be picked up by automated applicant tracking systems (ATS). Research the job description and use relevant terms such as “customer service”, “greeting customers”, “sales”, etc., throughout your resume.
4. Keep It Short & Sweet: Try to keep your resume under one page if possible and avoid using long-winded sentences and paragraphs - brevity is key for effective resumes!
5. Tailor Your Resume for the Job: Every time you apply for a new position, make sure to tailor your resume specifically for that job description - don't just send out the same generic version each time!
Related: Greeter Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Walmart Greeter Resumes
Incorporating keywords from the job description when applying for a Greeter opportunity at Walmart is essential due to the company's use of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). ATS technology scans resumes for specific keywords and phrases, so it is important to include as many relevant words and phrases from the job description as possible. This will help ensure that your resume is reviewed by hiring managers since it will be more likely to be selected by the ATS. Additionally, including keywords related to Walmart's corporate culture, mission statement and brand values will demonstrate that you are a good fit for the company.
Below is a list of essential skills and key terminology you may encounter when applying for a Greeter position at Walmart:
-Greeting customers in a friendly and professional manner
-Providing customer service
-Responding to customer inquiries
-Monitoring store entrances and exits
-Identifying potential shoplifters
-Assisting with store security protocols
-Maintaining an organized work area
-Assisting customers with locating items in the store
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Customer service||Interpersonal skills|
|Conflict resolution||Active listening|
|Cash handling||Attention to detail|
Related: Greeter Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Walmart Greeter Resumes
Finding the right action verbs to use on a Walmart Greeter resume can be challenging. It is important to use varied and descriptive verbs to ensure that your resume stands out from the competition. Examples of action verbs that might be used include “greeted,” “welcomed,” “assisted,” “informed,” “monitored,” and “directed.” Using these words in combination with other strong action verbs will help demonstrate the range of skills you possess as a Walmart Greeter. Additionally, including specific details about your accomplishments on the job will make your resume even more impressive.
Gain a competitive edge with our list of powerful action verbs to strengthen your resume and land your next interview:
Related: What does a Greeter do?