Walgreens Pharmacy Intern Resume Examples
Explore our comprehensive guide on crafting the perfect resume for a Walgreens Pharmacy Intern position, complete with real-life examples and essential tips for standing out from the competition.
Published 10 min read
Discover the essential tips and tricks for crafting the perfect resume to land a coveted Pharmacy Intern position at Walgreens. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the process of highlighting your educational background, relevant experience, and key skills that set you apart as an ideal candidate. Learn how to tailor your resume to showcase your understanding of Walgreens' values and commitment to patient care, as well as demonstrate your ability to contribute positively to their team. With expert advice on what hiring managers are looking for in a pharmacy intern, this article will help prepare you for success in your pursuit of a rewarding internship opportunity at one of America's leading pharmacy retail chains.
Walgreens Pharmacy Intern Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Walgreens Pharmacy Intern Resume Example
Danise Spotts, Pharmacy Intern
45 Oak Street, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
During my one-year tenure as a pharmacy intern, I honed my skills in medication dispensing, patient counseling, and pharmaceutical care planning, while working collaboratively with a team of experienced pharmacists and technicians. My commitment to patient safety and accuracy in medication management enabled me to excel in various pharmacy settings, including both retail and hospital environments. By actively participating in interdisciplinary care teams, I demonstrated my ability to contribute meaningfully to the optimization of patient outcomes. Furthermore, my strong communication and interpersonal skills allowed me to effectively educate and engage with patients regarding their medications and overall health. Overall, my experience as a pharmacy intern provided me with a solid foundation upon which I can build a successful career as a pharmacist.
Pharmacy Intern at Walgreens Pharmacy, NJ
Nov 2022 - Present
- Successfully assisted in filling over 1,000 prescriptions per week, ensuring timely and accurate medication dispensing for customers.
- Effectively counseled over 500 patients on proper medication usage, dosage, and potential side effects, resulting in increased patient satisfaction and adherence to treatment plans.
- Streamlined inventory management process, leading to a 20% reduction in expired medications and a 10% increase in overall inventory accuracy.
- Collaborated with the pharmacy team to administer over 800 flu shots during the flu season, contributing to improved public health and increased vaccination rates in the local community.
Pharmacy Intern I at CVS Pharmacy, NJ
Sep 2022 - Sep 2022
- Successfully assisted in filling over 2,500 prescriptions per month, ensuring timely and accurate dispensing of medications to patients.
- Streamlined inventory management processes by implementing a new tracking system, resulting in a 15% reduction in expired medications and a 10% improvement in stock availability.
- Collaborated with a team of pharmacists to provide medication therapy management services to over 100 patients, resulting in improved patient adherence and a 20% decrease in medication-related problems.
- Conducted a quality improvement project that led to a 25% increase in patient satisfaction scores regarding pharmacy services, as measured by customer feedback surveys.
Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
Aug 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutics, therapeutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacotherapy, pharmacy law and ethics, drug information, pharmacoeconomics, and clinical rotations.
- Pharmacology knowledge
- Medication dispensing
- Patient counseling
- Drug interaction analysis
- Prescription interpretation
- Inventory management
- Communication skills
- Pharmacy Internship Certificate (PIC)
- American Pharmacists Association Immunization Certification
Tips for Writing a Better Walgreens Pharmacy Intern Resume
1. Use a clear and concise format: A well-organized resume will make it easier for the hiring manager to read and understand your qualifications. Use headings, bullet points, and bold text to make your resume easy to navigate.
2. Tailor your resume to the position: Research Walgreens Pharmacy Intern positions and tailor your resume specifically to the skills and experiences they are looking for. This may include highlighting specific coursework, volunteer experiences, or certifications that are relevant to the position.
3. Highlight relevant experience: Emphasize any pharmacy-related experience you have, whether it's through internships, part-time jobs, or volunteer work. This could include working as a pharmacy technician or assisting with medication management in a healthcare setting.
4. Showcase your education: As an intern candidate, your education is one of the strongest aspects of your resume. List your degree program (e.g., Doctor of Pharmacy) and any relevant coursework or certifications (e.g., immunization certification).
5. Emphasize key skills: Highlight key skills that are relevant to a pharmacy intern position at Walgreens, such as strong communication abilities, attention to detail, customer service skills, and knowledge of pharmaceuticals.
6. Include professional affiliations: If you're a member of any professional organizations related to pharmacy (e.g., American Pharmacists Association), be sure to include this information on your resume.
7. Utilize action verbs: When describing your experiences and accomplishments, use strong action verbs like "assisted," "collaborated," "developed," etc., which demonstrate that you were an active participant in these activities rather than just passively observing them.
8. Quantify accomplishments when possible: Whenever possible, provide specific numbers or percentages to demonstrate the impact you've had in previous roles (e.g., "Increased efficiency by 15% through streamlining medication storage processes").
9. Proofread carefully: Errors on a resume can leave a negative impression on a hiring manager. Be sure to carefully proofread your resume for grammar, spelling, and formatting errors before submitting it.
10. Keep it concise: As an intern candidate, your resume should be no longer than one page. Focus on the most relevant and impressive aspects of your background to make the best impression on the hiring manager.
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Walgreens Pharmacy Intern Resumes
Incorporating keywords from the job description when applying for a Pharmacy Intern opportunity at Walgreens is crucial, as the company utilizes Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to screen and filter applications. These systems are designed to identify candidates with relevant skills and qualifications by scanning their resumes for specific keywords. By including these keywords in your application, you increase your chances of passing through the ATS filters and being considered for an interview. This demonstrates that you have carefully studied the job description, understand the requirements of the role, and possess the necessary skills to excel in the position.
When applying for pharmacy intern positions at Walgreens, you may encounter common skills and key terms such as medication dispensing, drug interactions, patient counseling, inventory management, and pharmaceutical calculations.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Pharmacology knowledge||Medication dispensing|
|Drug interactions||Patient counseling|
|Prescription interpretation||Inventory management|
|Pharmaceutical calculations||Compounding techniques|
|Sterile and non-sterile preparations||Regulatory compliance|
|Medication storage and handling||Pharmacy software proficiency|
|Communication skills||Interprofessional collaboration|
|Customer service||Time management|
|Problem-solving||Attention to detail|
|Confidentiality and ethics||Adaptability and flexibility|
|Research abilities||Documentation and record-keeping|
Common Action Verbs for Walgreens Pharmacy Intern Resumes
Crafting a Walgreens Pharmacy Intern Resume can be a challenging task, particularly when it comes to finding diverse action verbs to describe your skills and experiences. Using repetitive or generic verbs can make your resume appear lackluster and fail to impress potential employers. To stand out from the competition and showcase your unique abilities, it is essential to use varied and impactful action verbs throughout your resume. This not only helps in demonstrating your expertise as a pharmacy intern but also highlights your ability to communicate effectively and present yourself professionally.
To provide you with a competitive advantage, we have assembled a collection of impactful action verbs that can enhance your resume and secure your next interview: