CVS Pharmacy Internship Student Resume Examples
This article provides CVS Pharmacy Internship Student Resume Examples to help applicants create an effective resume and stand out from the competition.
Updated 9 min read
This article provides an overview of the key information and tips that students should consider when writing a resume for a CVS Pharmacy Internship. It covers topics such as how to showcase relevant skills, highlight relevant experience, and emphasize your qualifications in order to stand out from the competition. Additionally, it offers advice on how to use powerful language and highlight accomplishments in order to create a well-crafted resume that will make you an attractive candidate for the position.
CVS Pharmacy Internship Student Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
CVS Pharmacy Internship Student Resume Example
Kennah Jannetta, Pharmacy Internship Student
Des Moines, IA
A highly motivated and dedicated pharmacy student with over 1 year of experience in the field. Highly knowledgeable in pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacology, and biochemistry. Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a dedication to providing the best quality of patient care. Experienced in medication compounding, prescription processing, and patient counseling. Proven track record of providing accurate and timely drug information to patients and healthcare professionals. A passion for learning and a strong commitment to lifelong learning and growth.
Pharmacy Intern at Walgreens, IA
Feb 2023 - Present
- Processed 10,000 prescriptions in one year: As a pharmacy intern at Walgreens in IA, I processed over 10,000 prescriptions in one year. I ensured that all prescriptions were filled accurately and efficiently, while providing excellent customer service.
- Trained 15 new pharmacy technicians: During my internship at Walgreens, I trained 15 new pharmacy technicians. I provided them with an extensive overview of the pharmacy's processes, procedures, and protocols, along with hands-on experience working with customers.
- Achieved 100% accuracy on prescription fillings: I maintained a 100% accuracy rate on prescription fillings throughout my internship. I ensured that all prescriptions were filled correctly, and that all patient information was accurate and up-to-date.
- Developed a system to streamline the prescription process: I developed a system to streamline the prescription process, which allowed for faster and more accurate prescription filling. This system was adopted by the pharmacy, and has since been used to reduce wait times for customers.
Pharmacy Technician Intern at Hy-Vee Pharmacy, IA
Jul 2022 - Dec 2022
- Accurately filled 480 prescriptions over the course of 4 months, achieving a 98% accuracy rate.
- Developed an efficient system for organizing and filing patient records with minimal errors.
- Assisted in providing over-the-counter medication advice to customers and successfully answered customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintained a clean and organized pharmacy workspace, resulting in a smoother workflow and more efficient operations.
Pharmacy Internship Diploma at Drake University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Des Moines, IA
Sep 2017 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Compounding and Dispensing, Drug Information, Medical Terminology, and Pharmacotherapeutics.
- Pharmaceutical calculations
- Dispensing medications
- Patient counseling
- Compounding techniques
- Regulatory compliance
- Inventory management
- Drug information research
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- National Institute for Pharmaceutical Technology and Education Certification Program
Tips for Writing a Better CVS Pharmacy Internship Student Resume
1. Showcase Your Skills – It’s important to use your resume to showcase the skills you have that are relevant to the CVS Pharmacy internship you are applying for. Include any customer service experience, retail experience, or any other relevant qualifications. This will help set you apart from other applicants and make you a more attractive candidate.
2. Tailor Your Resume To The Job Description – Before submitting your resume, take some time to read the job description carefully and tailor your resume accordingly. Highlight any skills or experiences that match up with what they are looking for in an intern. This will show them that you understand the requirements of the role and can do what is asked of you.
3. Make Your Resume Easy To Read – Try to keep your resume concise and organized so it’s easy for recruiters to quickly scan through it and pick out key information about your experience and skillset. Use bullet points to list accomplishments, include industry keywords, and use clear formatting throughout the document.
4. Use A Professional Tone – When writing your resume, make sure to use a professional tone throughout the document so employers can get a sense of who you are as a person as well as an employee. Avoid using slang language or informal abbreviations when describing yourself or your previous work experiences.
5. Proofread Your Resume Carefully – Once you have finished writing your resume, take some time to proofread it carefully before submitting it in order to ensure accuracy and avoid typos or grammar mistakes that could send a bad message to potential employers.
Related: Pharmacy Assistant Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on CVS Pharmacy Internship Student Resumes
Incorporating keywords from the job description when applying for a Pharmacy Internship Student opportunity at CVS is very important. This is because CVS uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to scan resumes and applications for certain keywords that are relevant to the position. If your resume does not contain these keywords, it will not be picked up by the ATS and your application may go unnoticed. Taking the time to research and incorporate relevant keywords into your resume will help ensure that your application stands out among other applicants and gets noticed by recruiters at CVS.
When applying for a pharmacy internship student position at CVS, you may encounter skills and key terms such as those listed below.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Pharmaceutical Knowledge||Dispensing Medications|
|Regulatory Compliance||Patient Counseling|
|Medical Terminology||Inventory Management|
|Compounding Medications||Prescription Filling|
|Drug Interactions||Quality Assurance|
|Documentation and Record Keeping||Attention to Detail|
|Communication Skills||Problem Solving|
|Time Management||Customer Service|
|Computer Literacy||Data Entry|
|Sterile Compounding Techniques||Aseptic Technique|
|Labeling and Packaging Drugs||Pharmacy Law and Ethics|
Related: Pharmacy Assistant Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for CVS Pharmacy Internship Student Resumes
Finding the right action verbs to use on a resume can be a challenge. It’s important to use varied verbs in order to create an effective and eye-catching resume for a CVS Pharmacy Internship Student. Action verbs such as “assisted,” “collaborated,” and “developed” are great choices for emphasizing the skills and experience of an applicant. Additionally, words like “analyzed,” “monitored,” and “supervised” can help demonstrate the candidate’s knowledge of pharmacy operations. By using powerful language that accurately reflects the candidate's capabilities, you can make your resume stand out from other applicants.
To give you a competitive edge, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs that can help strengthen your resume and give you the best chance at landing your next interview:
Related: What does a Pharmacy Assistant do?