Starbucks Catering Coordinator Resume Examples
Published 9 min read
This article provides a comprehensive guide on crafting an effective resume for the position of Catering Coordinator at Starbucks. It will delve into specific skills, qualifications, and experiences that Starbucks looks for in potential candidates. The article will also provide tips on how to highlight relevant work history, emphasize transferable skills, and demonstrate familiarity with Starbucks' products and services. Additionally, it will discuss the importance of showing potential for leadership and teamwork since these are crucial qualities for a Catering Coordinator at this multinational coffee company. Finally, it will offer advice on how to tailor your resume specifically to the job description provided by Starbucks to increase your chances of landing an interview.
Starbucks Catering Coordinator Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Starbucks Catering Coordinator Resume Example
Johnette Bryon, Catering Coordinator
Detail-oriented Catering Coordinator with a year of experience in the hospitality industry. Proficient in planning and executing catering events, working well within budget constraints, and coordinating with diverse teams. Demonstrated ability in managing high-volume orders, ensuring customer satisfaction, and maintaining strict quality controls. Committed to delivering exceptional service with excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
Catering Coordinator at Sodexo, ND
Apr 2023 - Present
- Successfully coordinated and executed over 300 events annually, ranging from small meetings to large corporate events with over 500 attendees.
- Reduced food waste by 30% through the implementation of a new inventory management system and careful menu planning.
- Boosted client satisfaction rates by 40% by consistently delivering high-quality food and service, leading to a significant increase in repeat business.
- Managed a team of 20 staff members, implementing training programs that improved efficiency and productivity by 25%.
Assistant Catering Coordinator at Aramark, ND
Aug 2022 - Mar 2023
- Successfully coordinated and executed over 500 catering events annually, consistently receiving positive feedback for food quality and presentation.
- Managed a team of 12 staff members, increasing efficiency and productivity by 30% through effective delegation and supervision.
- Reduced event setup and breakdown times by 25% by implementing a new organizational system and training staff on its use.
- Increased customer satisfaction by 40% by developing and implementing a new menu based on client feedback and preferences.
Associate Degree in Hospitality Management at North Dakota State College of Science, ND
Sep 2017 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Hospitality Management, Event Planning, Food and Beverage Management, Tourism Management, Hotel and Restaurant Operations, Marketing for Hospitality, Accounting for Hospitality, Human Resource Management, Customer Service Strategies, and Business Law.
- Menu Planning
- Staff Management
- Customer Service
- Event Coordination
- Inventory Control
- Vendor Negotiation
- Certified Professional in Catering and Events (CPCE)
- Food Safety Certification
Tips for Writing a Better Starbucks Catering Coordinator Resume
1. Highlight Relevant Experience: Any experience in catering, event planning, or customer service should be prominently displayed. If you have worked at Starbucks or another coffee shop before, this is a plus.
2. Show Your Knowledge of Starbucks Products: A successful Catering Coordinator will need to know about the different types of food and drinks offered by Starbucks. If you have this knowledge, make sure to include it in your resume.
3. Showcase Your Organizational Skills: As a Catering Coordinator, you will need to keep track of multiple orders and events at once. Highlight any experience or skills that show you can stay organized under pressure.
4. Include Customer Service Skills: This role requires direct interaction with customers, so make sure to highlight any previous customer service roles or training.
5. Detail Your Ability to Work in a Team: The Catering Coordinator will need to work closely with other team members at Starbucks and at the event location. Any examples of successful teamwork should be included in your resume.
6. Mention Any Relevant Certifications: If you have any certifications relevant to food handling or event planning, include these on your resume.
7. Use Action Words: Instead of simply listing job duties from previous positions, use action words like "coordinated", "managed" or "implemented" to show how you were actively involved in the role.
8. Proofread Carefully: Make sure there are no spelling or grammar errors on your resume before sending it out.
9. Customize for Each Job Application: Tailor your resume for each job application based on the specific requirements listed in the job posting.
10. Keep It Concise and Clear: Keep your resume brief (one page is ideal) and clear with bullet points for easy reading.
11. Show Results and Achievements: Quantify your achievements whenever possible; showing concrete results will help employers understand the impact you could bring to their organization.
12. Include Soft Skills: In addition to technical skills, include soft skills such as communication skills, problem-solving abilities, flexibility etc., which are highly valued in a coordinator role.
Related: Catering Coordinator Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Starbucks Catering Coordinator Resumes
Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) are used by Starbucks and many other companies to filter through the multitude of resumes they receive. These systems work by scanning resumes for specific keywords related to the job description. As such, when applying for a Catering Coordinator position at Starbucks, it is crucial to incorporate relevant keywords from the job posting into your resume and cover letter. This could include words like 'catering', 'event planning', 'customer service' or any specific skills or qualifications mentioned in the job description. By doing so, you increase your chances of your application being reviewed by a human recruiter, rather than being discarded by an automated system.
When applying for catering coordinator positions at Starbucks, you may encounter common skills and key terms such as:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Event Planning||Customer Service|
|Food and Beverage Knowledge||Time Management|
|Menu Development||Staff Management|
|Communication Skills||Problem-Solving Abilities|
|Multitasking||Attention to Detail|
|Organizational Skills||Negotiation Skills|
|Creativity||Health and Safety Regulations Knowledge|
|Inventory Management||Project Management|
|Sales and Marketing||Computer Literacy|
Common Action Verbs for Starbucks Catering Coordinator Resumes
Creating a Starbucks Catering Coordinator Resume can be a challenging task, especially when it comes to finding and using different action verbs. It's vital to avoid repetition and use varied verbs that effectively highlight your skills and experiences. The same words used repetitively may make the resume monotonous and less effective in capturing the attention of the hiring manager. Using diverse action verbs not only brings life to your achievements but also helps you stand out from other applicants. These verbs can describe your responsibilities, accomplishments, leadership skills, management abilities, and other professional qualities in a compelling manner. Therefore, while crafting a Starbucks Catering Coordinator Resume, it's crucial to carefully choose action verbs that best represent your capabilities and strengths.
To enhance your competitive advantage, we have curated a list of potent action verbs that you can utilize to fortify your resume and secure your next interview:
Related: What does a Catering Coordinator do?