LinkedIn Social Media Manager Resume Examples
Published 10 min read
This article provides a comprehensive guide on crafting an effective resume for a Social Media Manager position on LinkedIn. It delves into the necessary skills, experience and qualifications required to stand out among other candidates vying for the same role. The article also offers guidance on how to highlight your expertise in managing various social media platforms, creating engaging content, and analyzing data for strategic planning. Furthermore, it provides tips on emphasizing your ability to collaborate with a team, manage projects, and enhance brand visibility through innovative social media campaigns. With the help of this article, you'll be able to create a compelling LinkedIn resume that showcases your capabilities as a Social Media Manager effectively.
LinkedIn Social Media Manager Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
LinkedIn Social Media Manager Resume Example
Marcee Rizzotto, Social Media Manager
Motivated Social Media Manager with 1 year of experience in creating engaging content across multiple platforms. Possesses a strong understanding of social media trends and SEO optimization. Exceptional communicator with a proven ability to develop strategic social media campaigns that increase brand awareness and drive customer engagement. Skilled in using analytics tools to monitor and evaluate the performance of social media activities.
Social Media Manager at Humana Inc., KY
May 2023 - Present
- Successfully increased social media engagement by 40% across all platforms, which included Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, over a period of one year (2018-2019). This was achieved through strategic content planning, regular posting, and timely interaction with followers.
- Developed and implemented a social media marketing strategy that increased Humana's brand awareness by 30% in 2019. This was measured through an increase in mentions, shares, and likes on all social media platforms.
- Reduced customer service response time on social media platforms from 24 hours to 3 hours by implementing a new system for tracking and addressing customer queries in 2020. This led to a significant improvement in customer satisfaction rates.
- Spearheaded a social media campaign in 2017 that resulted in a 20% increase in followers on Instagram and a 15% increase in followers on Facebook, contributing significantly to the overall growth of Humana's social media presence.
Assistant Social Media Manager at Brown-Forman Corporation, KY
Aug 2022 - Mar 2023
- Managed and significantly grew Brown-Forman's social media presence, increasing followers by 50% on Instagram and 30% on Facebook within a year.
- Developed a social media strategy that increased engagement rates by 40%, resulting in higher brand visibility and customer interaction.
- Successfully orchestrated a social media campaign for the launch of a new product line, reaching over 1 million users, and boosting sales by 25%.
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies at University of Kentucky, KY
Aug 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Interpersonal Communication, Public Speaking, Media Studies, Persuasive Communication, Argumentation and Advocacy, Nonverbal Communication, Intercultural Communication, Communication Theory, Organizational Communication, and Communication Research Methods.
- Hootsuite proficiency
- Canva design
- Buffer scheduling
- Google Analytics
- SEO optimization
- MailChimp campaigns
- WordPress management
- Hootsuite Social Marketing Certification
- Facebook Certified Community Manager
Tips for Writing a Better LinkedIn Social Media Manager Resume
1. Highlight your Skills: This is the most important part of your resume. Mention all the skills you have acquired as a social media manager, including content creation, SEO, analytics, marketing strategy, etc.
2. Show Results: Include specific examples of how your work has benefited previous employers or clients. For example, if you were able to increase a company's social media following by a certain percentage or drive more traffic to their website.
3. Use Keywords: Many employers use software to scan resumes for specific keywords related to the job description. Make sure to include relevant keywords like "social media management," "content creation," and "digital marketing."
4. Include Certifications: If you have any certifications in digital marketing or social media management, be sure to include them on your resume.
5. Be Specific about Platforms: Don't just say you're experienced with social media - specify which platforms you're familiar with (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc).
6. Showcase Your Creativity: Social media is all about creativity and engaging audiences. Try to reflect this in your resume by making it visually appealing and well-written.
7. Add Links: If possible, include links to your previous work or projects that demonstrate your abilities as a social media manager.
8. Detail Your Strategy Development Experience: Explain how you've developed and implemented successful social media strategies at past jobs.
9. Keep it Updated: Regularly update your LinkedIn profile with new experiences or projects that highlight your skills as a social media manager.
10. Proofread: Ensure there are no spelling or grammar errors in your resume - these can be off-putting for potential employers and suggest a lack of attention to detail.
11. Use Action Verbs: Begin bullet points with action verbs such as “led,” “managed,” “developed,” etc., which can make your contributions sound more impactful.
12. Tailor Your Resume for Each Job Application: Different roles may require different skill sets even within the realm of social media management – make sure you highlight the most relevant skills for each job application.
Related: Social Media Manager Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on LinkedIn Social Media Manager Resumes
When applying for a Social Media Manager position at LinkedIn, it is crucial to incorporate keywords from the job description in your application. This is because LinkedIn, like many other companies, uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to scan and filter applications before they even reach a human reviewer. The ATS will look for specific keywords that match the skills and experiences outlined in the job description. By using these keywords in your resume and cover letter, you increase the chances of your application being flagged as a strong match for the role. Without them, your application may be overlooked or discarded by the system, regardless of how well-suited you are for the position.
When applying for social media manager positions at LinkedIn, you may encounter a list of common skills and key terms.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies
|Social Media Strategy Planning
|Paid Social Advertising
|Brand Development and Storytelling
|Video Production and Editing
|Customer Service Skills
|Understanding of Social Media Algorithms
|Influencer Marketing Knowledge
|Creativity and Innovation
|Data Analysis Skills
|Budgeting and Financial Planning
|Interpersonal Communication Skills.
|Time Management Skills
Common Action Verbs for LinkedIn Social Media Manager Resumes
Crafting a compelling LinkedIn Social Media Manager Resume can be challenging, especially when it comes to finding diverse action verbs. Using the same words repetitively can make your resume appear dull and uninteresting. Action verbs are essential in highlighting your skills, experiences, and achievements. They give life to your accomplishments, making them more impressive and memorable. However, finding different action verbs that accurately describe your abilities can be difficult due to the limited vocabulary most of us have at our disposal. Despite this challenge, it is crucial to invest time and effort in expanding your verb repertoire as using varied action words can significantly enhance the overall quality of your LinkedIn Social Media Manager Resume. This not only helps you stand out from other candidates but also increases your chances of catching the attention of potential employers.
To provide you with an advantage over your competition, we have put together a list of potent action verbs that can enhance your resume and secure your next interview:
Related: What does a Social Media Manager do?