LinkedIn Brand Manager Resume Examples
Published 9 min read
This article provides a comprehensive guide on crafting an effective LinkedIn resume for the role of a Brand Manager. It delves into the key elements that should be included, such as relevant skills, work experience, and accomplishments within the field of brand management. The article will also highlight how to use persuasive language to showcase your ability to lead and implement successful branding strategies, manage brand budgets, and coordinate with different teams. Furthermore, it offers tips on how to make your profile more visible and attractive to potential employers by optimizing keywords related to brand management. Whether you're an experienced professional looking for a new opportunity or someone aspiring for a career shift towards brand management, this article is your roadmap to creating a LinkedIn resume that stands out.
LinkedIn Brand Manager Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
LinkedIn Brand Manager Resume Example
Renae Goodchild, Brand Manager
Accomplished Brand Manager with 5 years of experience in developing and implementing effective brand strategies to drive market growth. Proven expertise in managing all stages of branding efforts, from conceptualization to execution. Adept at coordinating cross-functional teams, managing budgets, and conducting market research. Demonstrated success in enhancing brand visibility and customer engagement through innovative marketing campaigns. Strong proficiency in digital marketing and analytics, with a keen eye for emerging market trends.
Brand Manager at Bank of America, NC
May 2023 - Present
- Successfully launched a new banking product line that ultimately increased the bank's customer base by 20% in the first quarter of 2018, exceeding initial projections by 5%.
- Developed and executed a comprehensive brand strategy which resulted in a 15% increase in brand awareness and a 10% increase in overall customer satisfaction in 2019.
- Managed a cross-functional team of 12 to rebrand Bank of America’s online platform, leading to an increase in online banking usage by 30% and a decrease in in-branch transactions by 20% in 2020.
Associate Brand Manager at Lowe's Companies Inc., NC
Sep 2018 - Mar 2023
- Successfully led a team to rebrand a product line, resulting in a 20% increase in sales within the first quarter post-launch.
- Implemented a new social media strategy that boosted Lowe's online engagement by 35%, significantly increasing brand visibility and customer interaction.
- Initiated and managed a cross-promotional partnership with a major appliance manufacturer, which drove an additional 15% in revenue for the respective product category.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC
Sep 2013 - May 2018
Relevant Coursework: Marketing Management, Market Research, Consumer Behavior, International Marketing, Advertising and Promotion, Digital Marketing, Business Ethics, Business Statistics, Strategic Management, and Business Communication.
- Google Analytics
- Certified Brand Manager (CBM)
- Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Marketing Management
Tips for Writing a Better LinkedIn Brand Manager Resume
1. Use a professional tone: LinkedIn is a professional networking platform, so it's essential to maintain a formal and professional tone throughout your resume.
2. Highlight key skills: Clearly outline the key skills necessary for a brand manager role such as strategic planning, marketing expertise, creativity, project management etc.
3. Use keywords: Many recruiters use keyword searches to find potential candidates. Therefore, include relevant keywords related to brand management in your profile.
4. Showcase your experience: Detail your previous work experiences and highlight what you achieved in those roles. This can show potential employers that you have a proven track record of success in brand management.
5. Include measurable results: Whenever possible, quantify your achievements. For example, if you increased brand awareness by 20%, make sure to include that statistic.
6. Add endorsements and recommendations: Request colleagues or former employers to endorse your skills or write recommendations for you. This can add credibility to your profile.
7. Regularly update your profile: Keep your profile up-to-date with any new skills, experiences or accomplishments. This shows potential employers that you are proactive and committed to personal growth.
8. Be specific about what you're looking for: If you're open to new opportunities, be clear about the type of roles you're interested in and the industries you'd like to work in.
9. Utilize the summary section: This is an opportunity to introduce yourself and highlight your strengths as a brand manager in a narrative format.
10. Show personality: While professionalism is important on LinkedIn, it's also beneficial to show some personality so potential employers can get an idea of who you are outside of work as well.
11. Connect with others in your field: Networking is crucial on LinkedIn; connect with other professionals in the branding industry and join relevant groups for more visibility.
12. Proofread thoroughly: Ensure there are no grammatical errors or typos on your resume – this demonstrates attention to detail which is crucial for a Brand Manager role.
13. Stay active on LinkedIn: Posting regular updates or sharing interesting articles related to branding can help keep your profile visible and engaging.
Related: Brand Manager Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on LinkedIn Brand Manager Resumes
Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) are utilized by many companies, including LinkedIn, to streamline their recruitment process. This software scans resumes and cover letters for specific keywords relevant to the job description. For a Brand Manager position, these may include terms like "brand strategy," "market research," or "digital marketing." If your application does not include these keywords, it may be automatically rejected by the ATS before ever reaching a human recruiter. Therefore, tailoring your resume and cover letter to incorporate these keywords is crucial to make it past the initial screening stage and increase your chances of landing an interview.
When applying for brand manager positions at LinkedIn, you may encounter a list of common skills and key terms.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies
|Brand Strategy Development
|Creativity and Innovation
|Budgeting and Financial Planning
|Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
|Social Media Marketing
|SEO and SEM Strategies
|Public Relations Skills
|Content Creation and Management
|Understanding of Consumer Behavior
|Event Planning and Execution
|Branding and Rebranding Strategies
|Influencer Marketing Strategy
Common Action Verbs for LinkedIn Brand Manager Resumes
Creating a compelling LinkedIn Brand Manager Resume can be a challenging task, particularly when it comes to selecting action verbs that accurately convey your skills and experiences. Repeating the same verbs can make your profile monotonous and potentially undermine the diversity of your skill set. Thus, using varied action verbs is crucial as it not only enhances the readability of your resume but also creates a stronger impression on recruiters. Different verbs can depict different competencies, demonstrating that you are versatile and adaptable. They add dynamism to your profile, making it more engaging and eye-catching for potential employers. Therefore, investing time in finding and incorporating diverse action verbs in your LinkedIn Brand Manager Resume is essential in setting yourself apart from other candidates.
To enhance your competitive advantage, we have put together a list of impactful action verbs that can bolster your resume and secure your next interview:
Related: What does a Brand Manager do?