Google Copywriter Resume Examples
This article provides resume examples and tips for copywriters applying for jobs at Google.
Published 8 min read
This article will provide tips and advice on how to create a resume for a Copywriter position at Google. It will cover topics such as tailoring the resume to the job, emphasizing relevant skills, highlighting experience with digital marketing strategies, and including any awards or accolades. Additionally, it will offer resources to help applicants find more information about writing a great resume for Google.
Google Copywriter Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Google Copywriter Resume Example
Esabelle Loose, Copywriter
As a copywriter with over a year of experience, I bring a unique understanding of the creative process and a knack for crafting compelling stories. My experience includes developing, optimizing, and executing content across a variety of digital and print channels. I specialize in SEO, copywriting, and content creation, creating cohesive and optimized content for clients. I am well-versed in various content management systems and have experience developing content for web, email, and social media. I have a keen eye for detail, a passion for writing, and an ability to drive successful campaigns. I am an effective communicator and collaborator, helping to ensure that projects are successfully completed on time and on budget.
Senior Copywriter at The WordSmiths, CT
Oct 2022 - Present
- Increased website traffic by 45%: As Senior Copywriter for The WordSmiths, CT I developed content marketing campaigns that resulted in a 45% increase of web visits within the first three months.
- Generated $300K+ revenue: By creating high-quality copy and developing an effective SEO strategy, I was able to generate over $300K worth of new business from organic search engine results.
- Improved customer engagement rates by 25%: Through engaging blog posts and email newsletters tailored towards our target audience, I increased customer engagement with our brand leading to a 25% improvement in open/click through rate on all communications sent out during my tenure at The WordSmiths.
Copywriter at CopywriteCT, CT
Aug 2022 - Sep 2022
- Developed and implemented a new content marketing strategy for CopywriteCT that resulted in an increase of website traffic by 25%.
- Wrote over 200 blog posts, articles, and web copy pieces that drove more than 10 million page views.
- Collaborated with the design team to create 8 successful digital campaigns which generated $500K worth of leads.
Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing at University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
Aug 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Creative Writing, Literary Theory and Criticism, Poetry, Fiction, and Nonfiction.
- Creative Thinking
- Copyblogger Certified Content Marketer
- Copywriting Academy Professional Certificate
Tips for Writing a Better Google Copywriter Resume
1. Use Keywords: When creating your resume, make sure to include any keywords that are relevant to the position you’re applying for. This will help make sure that your resume stands out to recruiters and hiring managers who may be searching for candidates with specific skills or experiences.
2. Highlight Your Previous Experience: If you have previous experience in copywriting, make sure to highlight it in your resume. Include details about the projects you worked on, how successful they were, and any awards or recognition you received for your work.
3. Show off Your Soft Skills: Copywriters need to be able to effectively communicate with clients and collaborate with their team members. Make sure to show off your soft skills by including examples of how you’ve been able to successfully use them in previous roles or projects.
4. Demonstrate Your Knowledge of Google Tools: As a Google copywriter, you should be familiar with Google tools such as AdWords, Analytics, and Docs. Showcase your knowledge by including details about how you’ve used them in past roles or projects.
5. Ask for Referrals: If you know anyone who works at Google or has hired copywriters before, reach out to them and ask if they would be willing to provide a referral on your behalf. This can go a long way towards helping you stand out from other applicants!
Related: Copywriter Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Google Copywriter Resumes
The use of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) by companies like Google means that keywords from the job description are especially important when applying for a Copywriter position. ATS scan resumes and cover letters for keywords specific to the job, so making sure your application materials include those words is key to getting noticed by an employer. Including relevant keywords will help ensure that your resume and application stand out from the rest and make it through to the next stage of the hiring process.
When applying for copywriter positions at Google, applicants should familiarize themselves with the common skills and key terms listed below.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Copyediting||Grammar & Punctuation|
|Strategic Thinking||Analytical Skills|
|Project Management||Marketing Knowledge|
Common Action Verbs for Google Copywriter Resumes
Finding varied action verbs to use on a resume can be difficult, and it's important to use them in order to create an effective Google Copywriter Resume. Action verbs help to make your resume stand out from the crowd and give potential employers a better understanding of your skills and accomplishments. By using different action verbs throughout your resume, you will be able to highlight specific areas of expertise while also demonstrating that you have the ability to communicate effectively. Additionally, using action verbs can help to create a dynamic and engaging narrative that will draw attention and give employers an insight into your qualifications as well as your personality.
Gain a competitive edge with our list of powerful action verbs to strengthen your resume and land your next interview:
Related: What does a Copywriter do?