Apple Technical Writer Resume Examples
This article provides examples of resumes and cover letters for Apple Technical Writers, with tips on how to create a successful resume in the tech industry.
Published 8 min read
This article will provide an overview of how to create a resume for Apple as a Technical Writer. It will cover topics such as what to include in the resume, how to tailor it for specific positions, and best practices for highlighting relevant experience and qualifications. It will also provide advice on how to stand out from other applicants and make a strong impression with Apple recruiters.
Apple Technical Writer Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Apple Technical Writer Resume Example
Montserrath Rivenburg, Technical Writer
I am an experienced technical writer with over 1 year of experience in creating documentation for software, hardware, and other technical products. I have a strong background in writing and editing technical documents, manuals, and user guides. I am skilled in translating complex technical topics into easy-to-understand language. I am also experienced in using a variety of software programs, such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Word. I am passionate about creating engaging and accurate technical documents to help users better understand products and services.
Senior Technical Writer at Microsoft, ND
Nov 2022 - Present
- Developed and implemented an efficient documentation process that reduced the time required to complete technical documents by 35%, resulting in a cost savings of $80,000 annually.
- Spearheaded the successful implementation of a unified knowledge base for all Microsoft products, providing customers with easy access to information and reducing customer service inquiries by 25%.
- Led the development of a comprehensive library of technical documents for all Microsoft products, resulting in a 40% increase in customer satisfaction ratings.
- Authored and published over 50 technical documents that were used by over 1 million users worldwide, resulting in an increase in sales of Microsoft products by 15%.
Technical Writer at Dell, ND
Jul 2022 - Sep 2022
- Authored and published over 500 technical documents for Dell's product lines, increasing customer satisfaction scores by 13%.
- Developed and implemented a new standardization system that reduced time spent on document production by 15%.
- Collaborated with engineering and marketing teams to create and update product user manuals, resulting in a 10% increase in sales.
- Launched a comprehensive online knowledge base that increased customer service inquiries resolved within 24 hours by 17%.
Bachelor of Arts in Technical Writing at North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND
Aug 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Technical Writing, Professional Editing, Document Design, Technical Communication.
- Technical Knowledge
- Graphic Design
- Project Management
- Certified Technical Writer (CTW)
- Certified Professional Technical Communicator (CPTC)
Tips for Writing a Better Apple Technical Writer Resume
1. Highlight Your Experience: As an Apple technical writer, you have likely had a variety of experiences in the field that make you a great candidate for any job. Make sure to highlight those experiences on your resume so employers can see how well-rounded you are and why they should hire you.
2. Showcase Your Skills: Technical writing requires specific skills, such as the ability to write clearly and concisely, knowledge of HTML and other markup languages, and the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas. Make sure these skills are prominently featured on your resume so employers know you can do the job.
3. Use Relevant Keywords: Many companies use applicant tracking systems (ATS) to filter resumes for keywords related to the job description. Make sure your resume includes relevant keywords so it gets through this automated screening process and into the hands of hiring managers.
4. Tailor Your Resume: Every company is different, so it’s important to tailor your resume for each position you apply for by emphasizing the skills and experience that best fit what they’re looking for in an Apple technical writer. This will help ensure you stand out from other applicants and make a good impression on potential employers.
Related: Technical Writer Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Apple Technical Writer Resumes
When applying for a Technical Writer opportunity at Apple, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your resume and cover letter. This is because Apple uses an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to sort through resumes and cover letters. An ATS scans resumes and cover letters for specific keywords that match the criteria of the job listing. If your resume and cover letter do not contain the keywords listed in the job description, they may be overlooked by the system and you may not be considered for the position. Therefore, including relevant keywords in your application materials is essential when applying for a Technical Writer opportunity at Apple.
When applying for a technical writing position at Apple, you may come across common skills and key terms such as those listed below.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Instructional Design||Content Management|
|Technical Communication||Information Architecture|
|User Experience (UX) Design||Graphic Design|
|Project Management||Style Guides|
|Online Help Systems||Web Content Development|
|Quality Assurance (QA) Testing||Process Improvement|
|Knowledge Base Development||Process Documentation|
|Video Production/Editing||Social Media Marketing|
|Technical Illustration/Diagramming||Script Writing|
Related: Technical Writer Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Apple Technical Writer Resumes
Finding the right action verbs to use in a resume can be quite challenging. It is important to use varied and specific verbs when creating an Apple Technical Writer Resume, as this will help to demonstrate your experience and skills more effectively. Action verbs such as ‘created’, ‘implemented’, ‘designed’ and ‘maintained’ are all great options for an Apple Technical Writer Resume. Additionally, you should also consider using phrases such as ‘developed content’ or ‘managed projects’, which will give a better insight into your role and capabilities. Using the right action verbs on a resume can make all the difference in getting noticed by potential employers.
To give you a competitive edge, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs that can be used to strengthen your resume and help you land your next interview:
Related: What does a Technical Writer do?