Apple Technical Content Writer Resume Examples
Updated 8 min read
This article will discuss the best practices for writing a resume to apply for a Technical Content Writer position at Apple. It will cover how to craft an effective summary statement, highlight key skills and qualifications, and identify relevant experience that is applicable to the role. Additionally, it will provide tips on how to showcase one's unique strengths and abilities in order to make a strong impression on potential employers.
Apple Technical Content Writer Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Apple Technical Content Writer Resume Example
Gerldine Om, Technical Content Writer
I am an experienced Technical Content Writer with over 1 year of experience in creating content for websites, blogs, press releases, product descriptions, and user manuals. I have a strong understanding of SEO fundamentals, and have created content that is both engaging and optimized for search engines. I am highly motivated and organized, with excellent writing and editing skills. With a proven ability to develop effective content that meets the needs of the target audience, I am confident that I can help your organization reach its content marketing goals.
Senior Technical Content Writer at Amazon Web Services, WA
Dec 2022 - Present
- Developed and implemented a content strategy that increased web traffic to the AWS Cloud platform by 20% in 6 months.
- Wrote and published over 40 technical blogs that helped AWS customers to better understand the features of the AWS Cloud platform, resulting in a 10% increase in customer satisfaction ratings.
- Created and maintained a library of over 500 technical documents for the AWS Cloud platform that led to a 15% decrease in customer support inquiries.
Technical Content Writer at Microsoft Azure, WA
Jul 2022 - Oct 2022
- Developed over 200 technical documents for the Azure platform, resulting in a 20% increase in customer satisfaction ratings.
- Grew a successful audience of over 10,000 subscribers to the Azure blog, increasing website traffic by 25%.
- Created and implemented a new knowledge base system for the Azure platform, resulting in a 40% reduction of customer service inquiries.
Bachelor of Arts in Technical Writing at Seattle University, WA
Aug 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Technical Writing Fundamentals, Advanced Technical Writing, Document Design and Production, Editing and Style, Usability and Accessibility, and Business Writing.
- Technical Knowledge
- SEO Optimization
- Content Strategy
- Certified Technical Writer (CTW)
- Professional Scrum Master Certification
Tips for Writing a Better Apple Technical Content Writer Resume
1. Highlight your technical writing experience: Make sure to include any experience you have writing technical content related to Apple products, such as manuals, tutorials, or help guides. Be sure to list the specific programs and software you used in these projects.
2. Showcase your knowledge of Apple products: Include any relevant knowledge you have of Apple products, such as the different operating systems, hardware features, and software applications they use.
3. Demonstrate your understanding of user experience design principles: Technical content writers must understand how to create content that is easy for users to understand and navigate. Showcase any courses or certifications you have related to user experience design and explain how this knowledge applies to your work as a technical content writer.
4. Include links to published works: If you have written technical content related to Apple products for online publications or websites, be sure to include links in your resume so employers can see your work firsthand.
5. Focus on keywords: Employers often use keywords when searching for potential candidates for a technical writer role, so make sure your resume contains relevant keywords related to the position you’re applying for (e.g., “Apple Technical Writing”).
Related: Technical Writer Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Apple Technical Content Writer Resumes
Incorporating keywords from the job description into your application materials is extremely important when applying for a Technical Content Writer position at Apple. This is because Apple uses an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to filter through applications, and including relevant keywords helps ensure that your resume and cover letter will be seen by hiring managers. By including keywords such as "technical content writing," "copywriting," or "content management," you can increase the chances of your application being flagged and viewed by recruiters.
The following are some of the common skills and terms you may come across when applying for a Technical Content Writer position at Apple:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Technical Writing||Content Creation|
|Copywriting||Web Content Management|
|Social Media Marketing||Technical Documentation|
|Technical Analysis||Video Production|
|Graphic Design||Project Management|
|Audience Engagement||Digital Strategy|
|User Experience Design||Data Analysis|
|Information Architecture||Knowledge of Industry Trends|
Common Action Verbs for Apple Technical Content Writer Resumes
It can be difficult to find the right action verbs to use on a resume, especially when applying for a position such as an Apple Technical Content Writer. It is important to use varied and descriptive action verbs in order to stand out from other applicants. Examples of action verbs that could be used in this type of role include researching, analyzing, editing, developing, creating and presenting. Using these words throughout the resume will demonstrate the applicant's technical content writing skills and show employers that they have the necessary qualifications for the job.
To give you a competitive edge, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs that can help to strengthen your resume and increase your chances of landing your next interview:
Related: What does a Technical Writer do?