Amazon Business Analyst Resume Examples
This article provides helpful examples of resumes for Amazon Business Analysts, with tips on how to format and emphasize relevant skills and experiences.
Published 9 min read
This article provides insight into the best practices for writing a resume specifically tailored to Amazon's hiring process and job requirements for Business Analysts. It covers topics such as what information to include, how to highlight your skills and experience, and how to showcase your knowledge of the company and its industry. Additionally, tips on how to use language and keywords effectively are provided in order to make sure that your resume stands out from the competition.
Amazon Business Analyst Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Amazon Business Analyst Resume Example
Anwen Handelman, Business Analyst
I am an experienced Business Analyst with over 1 year of experience. I have a strong background in data analysis, project management and process improvement. My expertise lies in developing and documentation of business requirements, process mapping and optimization, root cause analysis, and data modeling. I have a proven track record of successfully delivering projects on time and within budget. I am highly skilled in data analysis, business process mapping and optimization, and root cause analysis. I have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and I am highly organized and detail-oriented. I have a passion for understanding customer needs and delivering solutions that exceed expectations.
Senior Business Analyst at Fifth Third Bank, OH
Sep 2022 - Present
- Developed a comprehensive market analysis report which resulted in the successful launch of five new banking products, increasing customer satisfaction by 15%.
- Led an initiative to streamline the bank’s loan approval process and reduce processing time from two weeks to one week. This reduced costs for both customers and Fifth Third Bank by 12%.
- Collaborated with other departments across multiple locations including IT, Risk Management & Compliance, Operations as well as Marketing teams resulting in improved communication between departments that increased efficiency by 20% .
- Conducted extensive research into current industry trends regarding digital payment solutions leading to the development of an innovative mobile app solution that drove up sales revenue 19%.
Business Analyst II at Keybank, OH
Jul 2022 - Aug 2022
- Developed and implemented a new reporting system for Keybank’s wealth management division, resulting in an 18% improvement of efficiency.
- Identified discrepancies between existing financial data systems which were causing errors on customer accounts, leading to the successful resolution of over 500 cases with minimal disruption.
- Led project teams in developing strategies that reduced costs by $1M annually while maintaining optimal service levels across all branches within Ohio region.
- Created process flows and documentation outlining business requirements used to develop software applications; improved accuracy rate from 78% to 95%.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
Sep 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Business Law, Business Statistics, Economics, and Business Communications.
- Data analysis
- Business process mapping
- Requirements gathering
- Project management
- Strategic thinking
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Certified Agile Business Analyst (CABA)
Tips for Writing a Better Amazon Business Analyst Resume
1. Highlight Your Key Skills and Achievements: When writing your resume, make sure to highlight your key skills and achievements. Include specific examples of how you have used your analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, or data processing expertise to benefit the company.
2. Focus on Results: Business analysts need to be able to show that they can produce results. Use metrics and figures in your resume to demonstrate how you have achieved measurable outcomes for the company.
3. Showcase Your Technical Knowledge: Amazon business analysts must be highly skilled in technical areas such as database management, programming languages, software engineering, analytics tools and methods, and more. Make sure to showcase your technical knowledge throughout your resume.
4. List Relevant Certifications: If you have any relevant certifications or other qualifications related to business analysis or Amazon technologies, make sure to list them on your resume. This will demonstrate that you are well-versed in the necessary skills required for this position.
5. Use Action Verbs: When describing duties and responsibilities on your resume, use action verbs such as “developed”, “implemented”, or “analyzed” instead of passive language like “was responsible for” or “worked on”. This will help emphasize the impact of your work experience and show employers that you are a results-oriented professional who is capable of producing tangible outcomes for their organization.
Related: Business Analyst Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Amazon Business Analyst Resumes
Incorporating keywords from the job description into your application for a Business Analyst opportunity at Amazon is essential. This is because Amazon uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to filter applications and identify candidates with relevant skills, experience and qualifications. By including keywords from the job description in your resume and cover letter, you can ensure that your application will be picked up by the ATS and make it through the initial screening process. In addition, incorporating these keywords demonstrates to recruiters that you have read and understood the job requirements, which can help to increase your chances of being selected for an interview.
When applying for business analyst positions at Amazon, some common skills and key terms you may encounter include:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Analytical Skills||Problem Solving|
|Process Improvement||Requirements Gathering|
|Data Analysis||Business Acumen|
|Communication Skills||Project Management|
|Strategic Thinking||Documentation Skills|
|Risk Analysis||Financial Analysis|
|Technical Knowledge||Presentation Skills|
|Negotiation Skills||Quality Assurance|
|Stakeholder Management||System Design & Architecture|
|Statistical Analysis||Change Management|
Related: Business Analyst Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Amazon Business Analyst Resumes
Finding the right words to describe your experience on a resume can be difficult. However, it is important to use varied action verbs in order to create an effective Amazon Business Analyst Resume. Action verbs help you stand out from other applicants and demonstrate the value you will bring to the company. Examples of action verbs for a Business Analyst include: Analyzed, Developed, Evaluated, Implemented, Investigated, Monitored and Optimized. These words provide employers with a clear picture of your capabilities and accomplishments as a Business Analyst. In addition to using action verbs, be sure to include metrics that quantify your results in order to demonstrate your value as an analyst.
To give you a competitive edge, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs that can help strengthen your resume and boost your chances of landing your next interview:
Related: What does a Business Analyst do?