Writing a great school director resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own school director resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the school director job you're after.
email@example.com | (140) 193-4960 | Albuquerque, NM
I am an experienced School Director with over 8 years of experience in leading educational institutions. I have a proven track record of increasing student outcomes, developing and implementing innovative programs, and cultivating a supportive learning environment. My experience includes managing a team of over 600 individuals and overseeing a budget of over $10 million. I have a passion for educational reform and have developed and implemented successful programs that have increased student achievement and engagement. I am committed to providing students with an engaging and challenging learning experience.
School Director at New Mexico Public Schools, NMJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 50+ staff members and faculty.
- Raised test scores by 10%.
- Increased parent satisfaction ratings from 60% to 75%.
- Decreased student suspension rates by 15%.
- Implemented new curriculum that aligned with state standards.
- Oversaw the construction of a new school building.
Assistant School Director at New Mexico School for the Blind and Visually Impaired, NMAug 2021 - May 2022
- Successfully increased standardized test scores by 6%, raising the school’s ranking from 48th to 38th in the district.
- Led a team of teachers and administrators in developing and implementing new curriculum for grades K-8, resulting in improved student performance across all grade levels.
- Reduced teacher turnover by 25% through targeted recruitment efforts and professional development programs.
- Increased parent engagement by creating monthly “coffee chat” events and establishing an active PTA presence on social media.
- Raised $50,000 from private donors to fund after-school enrichment programs for students.
- Worked with city officials to secure a grant for $100,000 to renovate the school playground.
Associate School Director at New Mexico School for the Deaf, NMJul 2015 - Jul 2021
- Led a team of 15 teachers and support staff.
- Implemented new curriculum and instructional practices that improved student achievement by 10%.
- Negotiated with district administration to secure additional resources for the school, including an extra $100,000 for professional development.
- Hired and trained 5 new teachers.
- Chaired the school's discipline committee which revised the code of conduct resulting in a 50% reduction in suspensions over 2 years.
- Led weekly faculty meetings and monthly parent-teacher association meetings.
Master of Education in Educational Leadership at University of New MexicoSep 2011 - May 2015
Some skills I've learned are effective communication, problem solving, and working collaboratively.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (128) 680-6491 | Bowling Green, KY
I am a results-oriented School Director with 8+ years of experience leading, managing, and driving initiatives for K-12 schools. I have an excellent track record of developing strategic plans to promote student success, foster a safe and supportive learning environment, and develop school and community partnerships. I have a proven ability to manage budgets and lead teams of staff, faculty and administrators. I have experience in curriculum development, assessment, and implementation of educational programs. I am also adept at building strong relationships with parents and community partners to ensure students have the resources they need to achieve their goals.
School Director at Jefferson County Public Schools, KYMay 2022 - Present
- Led school to increase standardized test scores by 5%.
- Implemented new curriculum that improved student engagement by 10%.
- Negotiated with district for additional resources, resulting in an extra $100,000 for the school budget.
- Hired and trained new staff, resulting in a turnover rate of only 2%.
- Improved communication between parents and teachers, leading to a 20% decrease in parent complaints.
Assistant School Director at Fayette County Public Schools, KYJul 2019 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 10 teachers and support staff to successfully implement new curriculum for the school year.
- Created and executed professional development plan for faculty which resulted in increased teacher satisfaction by 15%.
- Implemented a new data-tracking system that helped identify at-risk students earlier, resulting in a 5% decrease in the number of failing students.
- Successfully negotiated with district administration for additional resources, leading to an increase in per pupil spending by $100.
- Chaired the committee that developed and implemented policies governing use of technology in classrooms, increasing student access to laptops and tablets by 25%.
- Wrote successful grant proposals totaling $250,000 over 3 years which funded after-school programs, college prep initiatives, and summer enrichment camps.
Associate School Director at Clark County Public Schools, KYAug 2015 - May 2019
- Led a team of 10 educators in successfully implementing new curriculum and instruction practices that improved student achievement by 15% over 2 years.
- Hired and trained 5 new assistant directors, who went on to be successful in their roles.
- Developed and implemented a new system for tracking data which led to more efficient use of resources and improved communication between departments.
- Wrote grants totaling $1.5 million dollars which funded various educational initiatives including professional development, technology upgrades, and after-school programming.
- Led the school through an accreditation process with flying colors.
Master of Education in Educational Leadership at University of KentuckyAug 2011 - May 2015
Leadership, management, research, writing, critical thinking, data analysis.
- Planning and Preparation
- Public Speaking