Public Affairs Specialist
Writing a great public affairs specialist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own public affairs specialist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the public affairs specialist job you're after.
email@example.com | (738) 526-1928 | Birmingham, AL
I have over three years of experience as a public affairs specialist. In my role, I was responsible for developing and executing communications plans, writing press releases and media advisories, managing social media accounts, and coordinating special events. I have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as experience working with the news media. I am also skilled at building relationships with key stakeholders.
Public Affairs Specialist at Alabama Power, ALJun 2022 - Present
- Wrote and distributed press releases that resulted in an average 30% increase in media coverage.
- Led social media campaigns that increased followers by 20%.
- Organized events that garnered attendance rates of 85%.
- Wrote speeches for the CEO that were delivered to large audiences averaging 2,000 people.
- Created marketing materials such as brochures and website content which led to a 10% increase in leads generated.
Public Affairs Associate at Alagasco, ALJul 2019 - May 2022
- Wrote and distributed press releases that resulted in an average of 100 media placements per month.
- Secured speaking engagements for the CEO at 10 industry conferences.
- Developed and executed social media strategy that increased followers by 20% month over month.
- Planned and executed 4 successful fundraising events that raised a total of $250,000.
- Managed budget of $100,000 while still achieving all objectives.
Bachelor of Science in Public Affairs at The University of Alabama, ALSep 2014 - May 2019
I have learned research, writing, and communication skills while studying Bachelor of Science in Public Affairs.
- Media Relations
- Social Media Management
- Event Planning and Coordination
- Public Speaking
firstname.lastname@example.org | (684) 697-8619 | Boston, MA
I have over three years of experience in public affairs. I am a highly effective communicator, with excellent written and verbal skills. I have a proven ability to develop and implement successful communication strategies. I am also an expert at media relations, having extensive experience working with the news media. In addition, I have strong research and analytical skills that enable me to effectively assess complex issues and develop sound recommendations.
Public Affairs Specialist at Northeastern University, MAApr 2022 - Present
- Led the development and implementation of a successful public affairs strategy for a large corporation, resulting in increased positive media coverage by 20%.
- Wrote and distributed press releases that resulted in an average pickup rate of 30%.
- Successfully organized and executed 3 major events per year with attendance ranging from 500-1,000 people.
- Managed social media accounts for the organization, increasing followers by 15% over 6 months.
- Regularly pitched stories to local/regional news outlets resulting in 5-10 placements per month.
Public Affairs Associate at Boston University, MAAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Wrote and distributed press releases to local, state, and national media outlets which resulted in an average of 10 placements per month.
- Created social media content that increased engagement by 20%.
- Wrote articles for the company blog that received an average of 500 pageviews per week.
- Planned and executed 3 successful events with over 100 attendees each.
- Managed a budget of $10,000/month for marketing initiatives.
- Negotiated vendor contracts resulting in savings of 15%.
Bachelor of Science in Public Affairs at Harvard University, MASep 2014 - May 2019
Through my studies I have learned how to effectively communicate with people, how to manage time and resources, and how to think critically about various public policy issues.
- Public Speaking
- Media Relations
- Event Planning
- Social Media