Writing a great proposal writer resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own proposal writer resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the proposal writer job you're after.
email@example.com | (543) 373-4192 | Sandy, UT
I am a proposal writer with over three years of experience crafting winning proposals for my clients. I have a knack for understanding what reviewers are looking for and tailoring each proposal to those specific needs. My clients consistently win the contracts they bid on, thanks in part to my efforts. In addition to being an expert at writing proposals, I also excel at conducting research, managing projects, and collaborating with team members.
Senior Proposal Writer at Grant Writers' Consultants, UTJun 2022 - Present
- Wrote and managed the development of 50+ proposals with a success rate of 80%.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills by mentoring junior staff and providing them with feedback.
- Wrote high-quality, compelling proposal sections that resulted in an increase in government contracts won.
- Researched and analyzed customer needs to develop products/services that meet their requirements.
- Negotiated pricing terms with vendors for materials needed for production.
Proposal Writer at The Funding Exchange, UTSep 2019 - May 2022
- Wrote and submitted 3 proposals in 1 week, resulting in 2 wins.
- Wrote a proposal that was 100 pages long and won the contract.
- Increased win rate by 15% through innovative writing techniques.
- Wrote a proposal in 1 day that resulted in a $1 million contract.
- Helped company save $50,000 per year by negotiating better prices with vendors.
Bachelor of Arts in English at Brigham Young University, UTAug 2015 - May 2019
I have learned how to read, write, and analyze complex texts.
- Time Management
- Presentation Skills
firstname.lastname@example.org | (552) 836-5735 | Myrtle Beach, SC
A Proposal Writer with over three years of experience crafting successful proposals for a variety of clients. I have a proven track record of writing clear, concise, and persuasive proposals that win results. My skills include understanding client needs, developing targeted responses to RFPs/RFIs/bids, and collaborating with teams to produce high-quality work on tight deadlines. In addition, I am an expert at using graphics and layout to create visually appealing documents that tell a story and make an impact.
Senior Proposal Writer at HFA Strategies, SCMar 2022 - Present
- Wrote and managed the development of over 100 proposals with a success rate of 85%.
- Led proposal writing team to develop high-quality, compliant, and competitive submissions that resulted in being awarded $1.2B in new business.
- Authored winning responses to RFPs/RFIs for major commercial contracts valued at $100M+.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing creative solutions to unique customer requirements which led to award on 8 out of 10 occasions when asked by clients for help on their toughest procurements.
- Researched, wrote, and edited all sections of 50+ successful government proposals.
Proposal Writer at The Write Solution, LLC, SCAug 2019 - Jan 2022
- Wrote and submitted 30 proposals in 2018, with a success rate of 70%.
- Wrote and submitted 50 proposals in 2019, with a success rate of 80%.
- Wrote and submitted 100 proposals in 2020, with a success rate of 90%.
- Wrote an average of 5 proposal per week for 4 weeks straight.
- Submitted 10 RFPs (Request for Proposal) last month and won 3 contracts.
Bachelor of Arts in English at University of South CarolinaSep 2014 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are writing analytically, close reading, and forming arguments.
- Time Management