Writing a great medical editor resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own medical editor resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the medical editor job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (660) 238-9300 | 1821 Pinehurst Lane North, Brooklyn Park, MN 55444
I am a medical editor with over 5 years of experience. I have edited manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals and have also worked on grant applications, book chapters, and educational materials. My expertise lies in identifying errors and ensuring clarity of expression while preserving the author's voice. I work well both independently and as part of a team.
Senior Medical Editor at Mayo Clinic, MNJun 2022 - Present
- Wrote, edited, and produced scientific content for a variety of medical journals with a 98% accuracy rate.
- Led team of junior editors in producing monthly newsletter with 100% on-time delivery.
- Cut production costs by 15% through process improvements.
- Trained 3 new hires in editing techniques and company processes.
- Reviewed manuscripts for 4 different peer-reviewed medical journals.
Medical Editor at Minneapolis Heart Institute, MNJul 2017 - May 2022
- Wrote, edited, and published 3 peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Authored 2 book chapters on medical topics.
- Led a team of 5 junior editors in revising a textbook on medicine.
- Presented at 4 national conferences on various editing techniques.
- Trained 6 new employees in the company's style guide and editorial process.
Bachelor of Science in Biology at University of MinnesotaSep 2013 - May 2017
I have learned how to study and understand complex biological systems, including cells, genes, and ecosystems.
- Organizational skills
email@example.com | (312) 144-8030 | Concord, NH
As a medical editor for over 5 years, I have experience in communicating complex scientific and medical information to a variety of audiences. I have edited manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals, as well as educational materials for physicians and patients. My skills include excellent communication, organisation and time management.
Senior Medical Editor at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, NHApr 2022 - Present
- Wrote and edited medical content for a wide variety of publications.
- Led teams of writers and editors to produce high-quality work on tight deadlines.
- Researched, wrote, and edited complex scientific articles for peer-reviewed journals.
- Wrote proposals that secured millions of dollars in funding for clinical research projects.
- Successfully managed relationships with key opinion leaders in the medical field.
Medical Editor at Elliot Hospital, NHAug 2017 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 4 medical editors in revising and editing clinical study reports, resulting in an average time-savings of 2 hours per report.
- Implemented a new system for tracking changes made during the editing process, which resulted in 50% fewer errors being introduced into final drafts.
- Trained 3 new medical editors on company style guide and best practices, reducing onboarding time by 1 month.
- Reviewed and edited 200 abstracts for scientific conferences, ensuring compliance with guidelines set forth by each conference organizer.
- Wrote 10 blog posts on various topics related to healthcare communications, generating 500+ pageviews within the first week of publication for each post.
Bachelor of Science in Biology at Dartmouth College, NHAug 2012 - May 2017
I have learned how to effectively communicate biological concepts to people with diverse backgrounds, how to work independently and as part of a team, how to design and carry out scientific experiments, and how to analyse and interpret data.
- Medical Terminology
- Editing and Proofreading
- Writing and Communication Skills
- Research Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Time Management