Writing a great freelance copywriter resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own freelance copywriter resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the freelance copywriter job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (332) 152-9613 | Atlanta, GA
As a freelance copywriter, I have over three years of experience crafting compelling content for both B2C and B2B companies. My skills include SEO copywriting, email marketing, social media management, and creating high-converting landing pages. I am a strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture while also paying attention to important details. This makes me an excellent project manager as well as a creative problem solver. My clients appreciate my willingness to go above and beyond in order to get the job done right.
Freelance Copywriter at The Copywriter's Inkwell, GAApr 2022 - Present
- Wrote and published 100 articles in various online publications.
- Increased traffic to client website by 20% with SEO-optimized content.
- Boosted conversion rates by 15% for a major ecommerce retailer.
- Helped small business increase leads by 30% with targeted email campaigns.
- Created an award-winning ad campaign that generated $1 million in sales.
Associate Freelance Copywriter at Copywriter Today, GAJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Wrote and published 5 blog posts per week on the company website, averaging 500 words each.
- Wrote 10 articles for the company newsletter with an average open rate of 35%.
- Created a social media campaign that increased brand awareness by 20%.
- Crafted copy for 3 landing pages that resulted in a conversion rate increase of 15%.
- Authored 7 eBooks that were downloaded a total of 4,000 times.
Bachelor of Arts in English at University of Georgia, GASep 2015 - May 2019
I've learned to read and analyze texts, to write papers discussing literary works, and to use proper grammar.
- SEO Writing • Web Content Writing • Blogging
email@example.com | (625) 324-3457 | Pickerington, OH
As a freelance copywriter, I have over three years of experience crafting compelling content for both B2B and B2C companies. My skills include SEO copywriting, email marketing, and creating powerful brand messaging. I am a strategic thinker who can see the big picture and develop creative solutions that achieve objectives. My clients have included small businesses, startups, and multinational corporations.
Freelance Copywriter at Copywriter Co., OHJun 2022 - Present
- Wrote and published 10 blog posts on the client’s website, averaging 1,000 views per post.
- Wrote 5 articles for the client’s newsletter with a total reach of 10,000 subscribers.
- Created a social media campaign that increased followers by 15% over the course of 2 months.
- Generated $5,000 in revenue from new copywriting projects.
- Completed all assigned projects ahead of schedule.
Associate Freelance Copywriter at Freelance Writing Co., OHAug 2019 - Apr 2022
- Wrote and designed compelling copy for an email campaign that increased click-through rates by 15%.
- Authored a white paper that was downloaded 500 times in the first week.
- Contributed to a website redesign project that boosted organic traffic by 10%.
- Wrote blogs averaging 1,000 views per month over the course of 6 months.
- Ghostwrote articles for clients that were published on high-traffic websites.
Bachelor of Arts in English at The Ohio State UniversityAug 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to read and analyze texts, write papers, and lead and participate in class discussions.
- SEO Writing
- Content Creation