Writing a great copy writer resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own copy writer resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the copy writer job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (221) 784-9369 | 8129 W County Road 650 N, Larwill, IN 46764
As a copywriter, I have over 1 year of experience crafting compelling and effective marketing materials. My skills include creating ad campaigns, writing web content, and developing email marketing programs. I am also an expert at editing and proofreading documents. In addition to my strong writing abilities, I have a keen eye for detail and take pride in producing high-quality work.
Senior Copy Writer at Apple, INMar 2022 - Present
- Wrote and produced award-winning advertising campaign that increased sales by 15%.
- Authored compelling copy for website that boosted web traffic by 20%.
- Led team of writers in developing successful social media strategy resulting in a 25% increase in followers.
- Created an email marketing campaign that generated $1 million in revenue.
- Crafted effective taglines and slogans for several major brands.
Copy Writer at Google, INAug 2021 - Jan 2022
- Wrote and published over 100 articles in various online publications.
- Researched, wrote, and edited website content for 5 different companies.
- Authored 2 e-books on marketing topics.
- Wrote copy for 4 successful email campaigns that generated a total of $30,000 in sales.
- Created an social media strategy that increased followers by 15%.
Bachelor of Arts in English at Purdue University, INAug 2017 - May 2021
Some skills I have learned are close reading, textual analysis, and writing persuasively.
email@example.com | (724) 568-2034 | Charleston, WV
As a copywriter, I have over 1 year of experience crafting compelling and effective advertising and marketing materials. My expertise lies in creating catchy headlines and slogans, as well as writing persuasive ad copy that engages the reader and drives conversions. I am also skilled at developing brand messaging strategies that reinforce the client’s key objectives. In addition to my strong writing skills, I have excellent interpersonal skills that allow me to build rapport with clients quickly and effectively manage projects from start to finish.
Senior Copy Writer at The Copywriter's Inkwell, WVMar 2022 - Present
- Wrote copy for 20+ ad campaigns that generated a total of $2 million in sales.
- Authored more than 50 articles that were published in major magazines and newspapers.
- Wrote the text for 5 websites that received over 1 million unique visitors per month.
- Helped create an award-winning marketing campaign that increased brand awareness by 25%.
- Successfully wrote and edited 10,000+ words per week as lead writer on large project.
Copy Writer at Copywriter's Block, WVSep 2021 - Jan 2022
- Wrote a total of [X] number of copy for various projects that spanned across multiple platforms.
- Successfully wrote and delivered on-brand copy within tight deadlines set by clients.
- Managed a team of 3 junior writers, ensuring all deliverables met quality standards.
- Increased web traffic to the client’s website by [Y%] through effective SEO strategies in the content I produced.
- Worked with designers and other creatives to produce high-quality finished products.
Bachelor of Arts in English at West Virginia University, WVSep 2017 - May 2021
I have learned how to read and analyze texts, write coherently, and conduct research.
- Planning and Organizing
- Time Management