Writing a great cash teller resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own cash teller resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the cash teller job you're after.
email@example.com | (578) 428-5811 | Portland, OR
I have over 1 year of experience as a cash teller. In my previous role, I was responsible for handling customer transactions and providing excellent customer service. I am efficient in operating a cash register and have an accurate counting method to ensure that all transactions are correct. I am able to handle large sums of money with ease and take pride in being trustworthy with customers' finances.
Lead Cash Teller at US Bank, ORJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of three cash tellers, responsible for training and scheduling.
- Consistently met or exceeded daily goals for cash handling accuracy and efficiency.
- Reduced average transaction time by 20% through process improvements.
- Developed new system for tracking errors and discrepancies, which reduced the error rate by 50%.
- Recognized by management as Employee of the Month two times.
Cash Teller at Wells Fargo, ORSep 2021 - Apr 2022
- Answered an average of 30 customer inquiries per day.
- Processed an average of 40 transactions per hour with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills by diffusing difficult situations and maintaining composure during busy periods.
- Consistently provided friendly and professional customer service.
- Exceeded expectations for sales goals, selling additional products and services to customers when appropriate.
- Proactively identified errors on customer accounts and took corrective action to resolve them in a timely manner.
High School Diploma at Grant High School, Portland, ORSep 2017 - May 2021
I have learned time management, organization, study skills, and how to better myself for future goals.
- Cash handling
- Customer service
- Basic math
- Computer skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Attention to detail
firstname.lastname@example.org | (831) 859-4692 | 615 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111, USA
A cash teller with over 3 years of experience in the industry. I have worked in a number of environments, from small businesses to large banks. I am experienced in handling customer transactions, including deposits and withdrawals. I am also comfortable working with numbers and have excellent mathematical skills. In addition, I possess good communication skills and can deal effectively with people from all walks of life.
Lead Cash Teller at Bank of America, MAMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 cash tellers, responsible for daily operations and transactions.
- Ensured all transactions were accurately completed and balanced at the end of each day.
- Trained new employees on proper procedures and policies.
- Monitored inventory levels and ordered supplies as needed.
- Resolved customer complaints in a timely manner.
Cash Teller at Citizens Bank, MAAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of cash-handling procedures, able to process an average of 500 customer transactions per day with 100% accuracy.
- Trained 2 new tellers on proper till management and drawer balancing techniques.
- Recognized by customers and peers as a friendly, helpful team member who always goes the extra mile.
- Consistently achieved or exceeded daily sales goals for cross-selling bank products such as savings accounts, credit cards, and loans.
- Proactively identified errors in customer account balances and took appropriate action to resolve them.
High School Diploma at Boston Latin School, Boston, MASep 2015 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are time management, how to study for tests, and how to do research.
- Cash management
- Customer service
- Money counting
- Teller drawer management
- Check cashing
- Deposit taking
- Transaction processing