Business Development Consultant
Writing a great business development consultant resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own business development consultant resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the business development consultant job you're after.
email@example.com | (180) 063-9303 | Lexington, KY
I am a Business Development Consultant with over 4 years of experience in the industry. I have worked extensively with clients on their business development strategies and initiatives, and have helped them to achieve success in this area. I am extremely passionate about helping businesses to grow and develop, and my skills and knowledge in this area are second to none. I am also an excellent communicator, both written and verbally, which allows me to effectively communicate with clients at all levels.
Business Development Consultant at BlueGrass Development Group, KYMar 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and closed a $2.5 million contract with a major client, representing the largest deal in company history.
- Grew key accounts by 20% year over year.
- Achieved 110% of quarterly sales targets.
- Exceeded annual new business development goals by 15%.
- Won "Top Performer" award for outstanding sales performance 3 years in a row.
- Generated $1 million in new revenue through upselling existing clients.
Business Development Associate at Strategic Advisors Group, KYSep 2018 - Jan 2022
- Negotiated and closed a $5 million contract with a new client, increasing the company’s total annual revenue by 10%.
- Led the development of a new market entry strategy that resulted in the successful launch of our products in 4 new countries.
- Grew existing relationships with key clients, leading to 15% year-over-year growth in sales from top 3 accounts.
- Developed an innovative cross-selling program that generated $3 million in additional revenue over 6 months.
- Created and executed a social media marketing campaign that increased website traffic by 25% within 2 weeks.
- Wrote proposals for potential clients worth over $20 million dollars annually which led to signing two major contracts.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at University of KentuckyAug 2014 - May 2018
Some skills I've learned are critical thinking, analyzing data, teamwork, and effective communication.
- Business Strategy
- Business Planning
- Financial Analysis
- Project Management
firstname.lastname@example.org | (687) 361-8816 | Portland, ME
A Business Development Consultant with over 4 years experience helping companies to grow and succeed. I have a proven track record in developing successful marketing plans, identifying new business opportunities and increasing sales. I am an expert at problem solving and thrive when working on complex projects. My skills include market research, project management, team leadership and presentation development.
Business Development Consultant at Maine Development Associates, MEApr 2022 - Present
- Secured $2 million in funding from venture capitalists for a startup business.
- Developed and implemented a new marketing strategy that increased sales by 25% within 6 months.
- Negotiated and secured favourable terms with suppliers, resulting in cost savings of 10%.
- Led a team of 8 employees to successfully launch a new product line.
- Planned and executed a successful trade show booth that generated leads worth $5 million.
Business Development Associate at The Planning Group, MEJul 2018 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated and closed five new client contracts, totaling $1.2 million in annual revenue.
- Developed and implemented a successful marketing campaign that increased web traffic by 25%.
- Wrote proposals that resulted in the company being awarded three new projects.
- Trained and mentored two junior associates.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at University of MaineAug 2014 - May 2018
Some skills I've learned are critical thinking, problem solving, time management, and communication.
- Business development
- Business strategy
- Project management
- Change management
- Organizational design
- Business process improvement