Writing a great advertising director resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own advertising director resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the advertising director job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (459) 163-4353 | Detroit, MI
I am an experienced Advertising Director with over 8 years of experience in developing, executing, and managing integrated advertising campaigns. I have a proven track record of success in meeting and exceeding revenue and ROI goals, and I am highly skilled in developing and utilizing innovative marketing techniques and strategies. I have a unique understanding of the media landscape and a comprehensive knowledge of the principles of effective advertising. I have extensive experience in developing and managing budgets, and I am an expert in media planning and buying. I am also well-versed in developing and executing social media marketing campaigns and leveraging technology to optimize campaign performance. I am a highly motivated and organized individual with excellent communication, problem-solving, and time management skills.
Advertising Director at WXYZ-TV, MIMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 in the development and execution of integrated marketing campaigns that delivered $15M in incremental revenue.
- Ideated and executed an innovative OOH campaign that resulted in a 10% lift in brand awareness.
- Defined target audience for new product launch and created messaging strategy resulting in 30% higher than expected sales.
- Drove cross-functional collaboration between Creative, Media, PR, and Sales teams to deliver on objectives while staying within budget.
- Wrote proposals which secured $3.5M worth of new business from clients such as Coca Cola, PepsiCo, Nissan.
Senior Advertising Director at The Detroit News, MIJul 2020 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 10 to produce TV, print, and radio advertisements for Acme Corporation.
- Increased sales by 15% in the first year and 25% in the second year as a direct result of advertising campaigns managed.
- Cut costs by 20% while still maintaining high quality standards for all ad materials produced.
- Wrote copy for award-winning television commercial that ran during Super Bowl XXXVIII.
- Ideated and pitched successful integrated marketing campaign to C-suite which resulted in increased brand awareness by 5%.
- Managed annual budget of $2 million dollars without going over or under allotted amount.
Associate Advertising Director at The Detroit Free Press, MISep 2015 - Jun 2020
- Led a team of 5 account executives and 2 assistant account executives.
- Grew client base by 15% through effective marketing campaigns.
- Achieved quarterly targets for the past 3 years consecutively.
- Negotiated discounts with vendors, resulting in savings of $12,000 over 6 months.
- Trained new hires on company procedures and best practices.
- Wrote proposals that secured $1.5 million in annual ad spend from 3 major clients.
Bachelor of Science in Advertising at University of MichiganSep 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to use different software programs to create graphic design layouts, how to write persuasive copy, and how to develop integrated marketing communications campaigns.
- Time Management
email@example.com | (278) 692-5308 | Laramie, WY
As an Advertising Director with 8+ years of experience, I have a proven track record of driving successful campaigns and creating innovative strategies that resulted in increased brand awareness and sales. My expertise lies in delivering creative, cost-effective solutions, developing high-impact promotional materials, and leading cross-functional teams to successful outcomes. I have had the privilege of working with a diverse array of clients across industries, including entertainment, publishing, hospitality, and fashion. My ability to think outside the box and develop innovative solutions to complex problems has enabled me to achieve success for my clients. Additionally, I have effectively managed large budgets, collaborated with global teams, and leveraged data to inform my decisions. I am a strong leader who can motivate and inspire teams to work together towards a common goal.
Advertising Director at Leo Burnett, WYMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 in creating advertising campaigns for 3 major clients, resulting in an increase in sales by 25%.
- Negotiated and secured sponsorship from 5 national companies for annual music festival, generating $500,000 in revenue.
- Ideation and implementation of successful social media campaign which garnered over 100,000 new followers within 6 weeks.
- Wrote copy for award-winning ad that was featured in Time Magazine’s Top 10 Ads of the Year issue.
Senior Advertising Director at Saatchi & Saatchi, WYJul 2020 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 15 advertising executives and generated $3 million in new business revenue.
- Developed an award-winning integrated marketing campaign that increased brand awareness by 25%.
- Grew online sales by 35% through innovative digital marketing initiatives.
- Negotiated multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with major league baseball team.
- Successfully launched 3 national ad campaigns on time and under budget.
- Won 5 ADDY Awards for creative excellence.
Associate Advertising Director at DDB, WYSep 2015 - May 2020
- Increased ad revenue by 15% through effective management of the advertising team.
- Negotiated and secured key sponsorships totaling $500,000 for major events.
- Led development of successful integrated marketing campaigns that generated 10% more leads than previous year.
- Created annual advertising budget of $4 million and stayed within it while achieving desired results.
- Wrote copy for print, radio, TV, and online ads that increased click-through rates by 20% on average.
- Managed a staff of 12 account executives responsible for executing day-to-day tasks.
Bachelor of Science in Advertising at University of WyomingSep 2010 - May 2015
I have learned excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as how to think critically and creatively to solve problems.
- Business Administration
- Project Management
- Budgeting and Finance