Advertising Account Manager Resume Examples
Writing a great advertising account manager resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own advertising account manager resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the advertising account manager job you're after.
email@example.com | (921) 879-7631 | Hartford, CT
I have over 5 years of experience as an Advertising Account Manager. In this role, I was responsible for managing client accounts and developing advertising campaigns that met their needs and budget. I have a proven track record of success in this area, and my clients were always satisfied with the results.
Advertising Account Manager at Mediaworks Advertising, CTMay 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and secured a $1MM advertising contract with Coca-Cola.
- Developed an integrated marketing campaign that generated a 20% increase in sales for XYZ Corporation.
- Successfully managed a team of 15 account executives while consistently meeting deadlines and budget targets.
- Implemented innovative strategies that resulted in a 10% reduction in customer churn for ABC Company.
- Led the development of award-winning campaigns for 3 major clients, including “Best Campaign of the Year” by AdAge magazine.
Advertising Account Executive at The Hartford Courant, CTJul 2017 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated and secured a $1 million advertising contract with XYZ Corporation.
- Defined objectives, strategies, and tactics for increasing brand awareness by 20% within the first 6 months.
- Led a team of 5 account managers to successfully plan and execute an integrated marketing campaign that generated over 100 new leads in 2 weeks.
- Exceeded quarterly sales goals by 15% through effective client relationship management and innovative thinking.
- Negotiated print, radio, online, and television placements totaling $500k under budget while still meeting all ad delivery deadlines.
- Successfully created social media campaigns resulting in a 12% increase in website traffic.
Bachelor of Science in Advertising at University of ConnecticutAug 2012 - May 2017
I've learned how to effectively communicate with others, how to think critically and solve problems, and how to manage time and resources.
- Time Management
- Strategic Thinking
firstname.lastname@example.org | (501) 109-9801 | 836 S Harrison St, Fort Wayne, IN 46802
I have over 5 years experience as an Advertising Account Manager. I have gained a deep understanding of the advertising industry and how to manage client relationships effectively. I am able to think strategically and identify opportunities for my clients. I am also experienced in managing budgets and developing creative briefs. My strong communication skills allow me to build positive relationships with clients, while my attention to detail ensures that their campaigns are executed flawlessly.
Advertising Account Manager at Lamar Advertising Company, INApr 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and secured a $100,000 ad spend from client XYZ.
- Led the development of an award-winning integrated marketing campaign that generated a 10% increase in sales for client ABC.
- Ideated and executed a successful social media influencer campaign that resulted in over 1 million impressions for client LMNOP.
- Wrote effective copy for print, digital, and outdoor advertising materials that resonated with target audiences and achieved objectives.
- Planned and managed annual budgets totaling $5 million while maintaining efficient use of resources.
Advertising Account Executive at The Nielsen Company, INJul 2017 - Mar 2022
- Increased sales for advertising clients by 20% on average through effective account management.
- Negotiated ad rates with media outlets and secured prime placement for ads whenever possible.
- Wrote successful proposals that resulted in new business contracts worth a total of $1.5 million over the course of one year.
- Actively cultivated relationships with key decision-makers at target companies to generate leads and close deals.
- Monitored industry trends closely and adapted strategies accordingly to keep campaigns relevant.
- Presented detailed post-campaign reports outlining successes, areas for improvement, and proposed next steps.
Bachelor of Science in Advertising at Indiana UniversitySep 2013 - May 2017
I've learned how to come up with creative ideas, how to design an effective ad, and how to use different media to reach consumers.
- Business Administration
- Project Management
- Event Planning
Essential Components of an Advertising Account Manager's Resume
An effective resume for an Advertising Account Manager is a critical tool that showcases their expertise in client account management, teamwork, and advertising campaign execution. It's essential to highlight key areas such as skills, professional experience, education, and notable achievements. Each section of the resume plays a crucial role in presenting the candidate's capabilities.
This guide will delve into the essential elements of an Advertising Account Manager's resume, discussing the importance of each section and what to include. We'll also provide insights on how to enhance each section to capture the attention of potential employers.
1. Contact Information
At the top of your resume, ensure your contact information is prominent and accessible. This section should include your full name, phone number, professional email address, and optionally, links to your LinkedIn profile or online portfolio if they showcase your advertising expertise.
Professional email addresses should ideally incorporate your name. Including a home address is optional unless the job requires location-specific candidates.
Tip: Ensure all contact details are current and error-free to facilitate smooth communication with potential employers.
2. Professional Summary
The Professional Summary serves as a concise introduction to your resume, highlighting your most significant skills, experiences, and accomplishments in advertising account management. This section should be succinct, impactful, and tailored to the specific role you're applying for.
Emphasize your expertise in strategic planning, client relationship management, team leadership, budgeting, project management, and proficiency with advertising tools and platforms. Mention any significant outcomes, such as increased sales or improved brand recognition, resulting from your advertising campaigns.
Keep this summary to three to five sentences, using compelling language and quantifiable achievements to make a strong impression.
3. Work Experience
The Work Experience section is a cornerstone of your resume, showcasing your track record in advertising account management. List your roles in reverse chronological order, detailing your responsibilities and successes at each position.
Quantify your achievements with metrics where possible, and use action verbs to convey your contributions effectively. Highlight any familiarity with industry-specific software or tools, aligning your experience with the requirements of the job posting.
4. Skills and Competencies
Your skills and competencies should align with the needs of the role and demonstrate your suitability for the position. Include a mix of hard and soft skills, such as communication, strategic thinking, data analysis, leadership, project management, financial acumen, creativity, and negotiation.
Whenever possible, provide context for how you've applied these skills in professional settings to give employers a clear understanding of your capabilities.
5. Education and Certifications
The Education and Certifications section should outline your academic background and any additional qualifications relevant to advertising account management. Include degrees, institutions, graduation dates, and any specialized coursework or certifications that enhance your professional profile.
Highlighting ongoing professional development efforts can also demonstrate your commitment to staying current in the industry.
6. Achievements and Awards
In the Achievements and Awards section, list any recognitions or accolades that underscore your expertise and success in the field. Include quantifiable accomplishments and any significant projects or campaigns you've led or contributed to significantly.
Be honest and precise when detailing your achievements, as credibility is paramount.
While not always included on the resume, references can be a powerful endorsement of your professional abilities and character. Choose references who can attest to your skills in advertising account management and who are willing to provide a positive account of your work ethic and accomplishments.
Obtain consent before listing anyone as a reference and provide their contact details for potential employers to reach out to.
Note: References should complement, not replace, the substantive content of your resume, such as a well-crafted career objective, detailed work history, and evidence of relevant skills and qualifications.Remember to tailor your resume to the specific role and company you're applying to, ensuring that it reflects the unique value you bring to the position.