Writing a great administrative director resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own administrative director resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the administrative director job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (102) 286-3573 | Salt Lake City, UT
I am an experienced and results-driven Administrative Director with over 8 years of hands-on experience in providing executive-level administrative support to top-level executives. My expertise lies in streamlining administrative operations, developing and implementing policies and procedures, and leading and training executives, staff, and volunteers. I have a proven track record of successfully planning, organizing, and managing multiple projects and tasks with a strong attention to detail. Additionally, I have a demonstrated ability to foster positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Administrative Director at Zions Bancorporation, UTMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 administrative staff members and successfully completed over 500 projects.
- Implemented new policies that increased efficiency by 30%.
- Trained new employees on company procedures and software programs.
- Negotiated with vendors to save the company $5,000 per year.
- Coordinated travel arrangements for executive team including airfare, hotel accommodations, and transportation.
Senior Administrative Director at First Interstate BancSystem, UTAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 15 administrators in developing and implementing new policies that increased efficiency by 25%.
- Successfully negotiated with vendors to decrease costs by 18% while maintaining quality.
- Implemented a new customer service initiative that decreased complaints by 35%.
- Led a departmental reorganization that saved the company $250,000 annually.
- Developed and implemented a training program for new employees which reduced turnover rates by 20%.
Administrative Director II at Bank of America Corporation, UTJul 2015 - Jun 2019
- Led a team of 15 administrative staff members and successfully completed XYZ project within budget and ahead of schedule.
- Supervised the daily operations for a department of 50 employees.
- Implemented new strategies that increased efficiency by X% and decreased costs by Y%.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors that saved the company $X million dollars over the course of 3 years.
- Managed budgets totaling $XX million annually.
Master of Business Administration at Brigham Young University, UTAug 2011 - May 2015
Some skills I've learned are critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, and time management.
- Financial analysis
- Project management
- Human resources
- Event planning
- Office administration
- Customer service
email@example.com | (912) 856-3787 | 110 W. Elm St, Chicago, IL 60610
I am an experienced Administrative Director with over 8 years of experience in providing leadership and direction to organizations, teams, and individuals. My expertise includes developing and implementing departmental policies, procedures, and strategies, as well as managing budgets and financial resources. Additionally, I am adept at working with stakeholders to create and maintain successful relationships and bring projects to successful completion. My proven ability to analyze, problem solve, and generate creative solutions has contributed to my success in managing complex projects on time and within budget. Additionally, I am highly skilled in training, coaching, and supervising teams to ensure their success.
Administrative Director at Cook County Health and Hospitals System - Administrative Director, ILMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 administrators in providing support for daily operations of the company.
- Monitored and delegated tasks to ensure efficient workflow.
- Implemented process improvements that resulted in a 10% reduction in operational costs.
- Streamlined communication between departments which increased productivity by 12%.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors that saved the company $50,000 annually.
- Coordinated special events such as conferences and trade shows.
Senior Administrative Director at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System - Administrative Director, ILJul 2021 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 15 administrative staff members and successfully completed 100% of all projects on time.
- Implemented new process improvements that increased efficiency by 25%.
- Trained and developed 5 employees who were promoted to management positions.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors that saved the company $100,000 annually.
- Managed office operations for a 200+ person company.
Administrative Director II at Advocate Health Care - Administrative Director, ILAug 2015 - Jun 2021
- Led a team of 15 administrative staff and provided support to 3 vice presidents.
- Implemented new office procedures that increased efficiency by 25%.
- Managed the budget for the department, saving $5,000 per year.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors that saved the company 10% on annual expenses.
- Coordinated special events for the executive team, including board meetings and holiday parties.
- Maintained confidentiality of sensitive information.
Master of Business Administration at University of Illinois at Urbana-ChampaignAug 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to manage and lead a team, how to market and sell a product, and how to financial manage a company.
- Time management
- Conflict resolution
- Decision making