Writing a great account executive resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own account executive resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the account executive job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (241) 111-1462 | Dallas, TX
I am an account executive with over 5 years of experience in sales and marketing. I have a proven track record of success in developing relationships with clients and achieving objectives. I possess excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills. I am a strategic thinker who can think outside the box to create innovative solutions to problems. I am also a team player who is able to work effectively with others to achieve common goals.
Account Executive at Salesforce, TXMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 4 account managers and increased client satisfaction by 20%.
- Grew key accounts by 15% through effective management and implementation of marketing plans.
- Exceeded quarterly revenue targets by 10%.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors that saved the company $100,000 annually.
- Won "Account Executive of the Year" award.
Associate Account Executive at Zoho, TXSep 2017 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 4 in developing an integrated communications campaign that generated a 12% increase in web traffic and 25% more social media engagement.
- Wrote 8 blog posts that were published on the company website, averaging 1,000 views each.
- Created 2 infographics which were shared over 500 times across social media channels.
- Researched and wrote 3 white papers which were downloaded an average of 200 times each.
- Managed 6 client accounts with total annual spend of $1.2 million.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at University of HoustonAug 2013 - May 2017
I have learned how to manage money, people and resources efficiently in a business setting.
- Presentation Skills
- Client Relationship Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Business Acumen
- Sales skills
- Time management
email@example.com | (450) 107-7570 | 1234 S. 5th Ave
I am an experienced account executive with over 5 years of experience working in the industry. I have a proven track record of successfully managing and developing relationships with clients, as well as delivering results that meet their needs and expectations. I am a strategic thinker who can think outside the box to develop creative solutions to problems, and I have a high level of experience in negotiations which allows me to get the best possible outcome for my clients.
Account Executive at DeVry University, AZMay 2022 - Present
- Exceeded quarterly sales targets by 15%.
- Grew client base by 20% year over year.
- Developed and executed successful marketing campaigns that generated $X in new revenue.
- Negotiated favorable contracts with vendors that saved the company $X per month.
- Managed a team of 4 account managers and 2 assistant account executives.
Associate Account Executive at The University of Arizona, AZSep 2017 - Apr 2022
- Negotiated a $25,000 contract with ABC Corporation.
- Brought in 12 new clients in Q3.
- Exceeded quarterly sales goals by 15%.
- Consistently achieved 100% of monthly quotas for the past year.
- Won “Top Salesperson” award 3 times in the past 2 years.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at Arizona State UniversityAug 2013 - May 2017
Some skills I've learned are: critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, and effective communication.
- Time management